News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

99 NAMES OF GOD

Started by wrkmmn, March 12, 2016, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrkmmn

Peace:

There seems to be more words in the Quran that could be taken as names/attributes of the Most Merciful, since they describe powers that could not be given to anybody else, or are used to address Allah.

1st   ٱلْمَوْلَىٰ    Al-MaWLY : this word comes from the root W_L_Y, from which there are already two names in the 99 names list. (055 الْوَلِيُّ Al-Waly The Friend) and (077 الْوَالِي Al-Waly The supporter/ally). However, in verse 2:148,286, 9:51, and 22:78 appear another variation of this root. MaWLY, with translates as: one that makes turn, Protector.
2:148        وَلِكُلٍّ   and for every    وِجْهَةٌ  face   هُوَ   He   مُوَلِّيهَا   MWLY-HA (one that makes her(it) turns/ her(its) protector)? 
2:286 ?   أَنتَ   you [are] مَوْلاَنَا ? MaWLA-NA (one that make us turn/ our protector)
9:51    ٱللَّهُ    Allah    لَنَا    to us هُوَ  He    مَوْلاَنَا  MaWLA-NA (one that make us turn/ our protector)
22:78   وَٱعْتَصِمُواْ and you shall hold fast  بِٱللَّهِ in(to) Allah  هُوَ  He  مَوْلاَكُمْ  MaWLA-KM (one that makes you turn/ your protector)    فَنِعْمَ  then excellent  ٱلْمَوْلَىٰ  AL-MaWLY (the one that makes you turn/ your protector)

So, name number 100 ٱلْمَوْلَىٰ   AL-MaWLY  The one that makes turn/ Protector. AL-MaWLY  El que hace dar buelta/ Protector.

2nd    ٱلنَّصِيرُ  Al-NaSYR:  this word comes from the root N-S-R  which has meanings such as aid, help, succor, assist, tributaries of a river.
Surat 1:5 says, واياك   and only you  نستعين   we are seeking for help.
2:286?   فَٱنْصُرْنَا  Fa-ANSR-NA then help us  عَلَى  over   ٱلْقَوْمِ  the people  ٱلْكَافِرِينَ  the unbelievers/ rejecters/ deniers.   
22:78 ?  وَنِعْمَ    and excellent  ٱلنَّصِيرُ  The Helper.
So, name number 101 ٱلنَّصِيرُ  Al-NaSYR  The Helper/ one that succors. Al-NaSYR El Ayudante/ que da socorro.

3rd   فَاطِرِ  FATiR this word comes from the root F-T-R which has meanings such as split, bring out, and fashion.           
30:30  فَأَقِمْ  then set   وَجْهَكَ your face  لِلدِّينِ  to the religion/ law/ way حَنِيفاً [as] a monotheist  فِطْرَةَ  fashion/ trend   ٱللَّهِ Allah ٱلَّتِى *  فَطَرَ fashioned  ٱلنَّاسَ  * men  عَلَيْهَا over it(with)?
6:14?  فَاطِرِ   Fashioner   ٱلسَّمَاوَاتِ  [of] the heavens  وَٱلأَرْضِ  and the Earth..

So, name 102   ٱلفَاطِر  AL-FATiR  The fashioner/ designer.  AL-FATiR  El Dise?ador.

4th  رَبِّ  it is said that it comes from the root R-B-B having meanings such as lord, to have possessions, to raise, to educate, to approximate. This word, it is used by many people in the stories of Quran to call/address God, and in the beginning of recommended prayers. Since, [7:180]"And to God the Most Beautiful Names, so call Him with them,.   
2:260   وَإِذْ   and when  قَالَ  said إِبْرَاهِيمُ Abrahym  رَبِّ  Lord  أَرِنِى  show me?
Then name 103  ٱلرَبِّ   AL-RaB  The Lord.  AL-RaB  El Se?or.     

The ignorants claim that there is no purpose of knowing this, and they laugh and make jokes. Let them laugh they will come to know. These names/ attributes are important to know, so that we can avoid association (Shirk), or avoid profaning them. The perverted Muslims are naming their children after this names, their leaders, their organization, groups, God knows, maybe even their dogs.

May God increase our knowledge and give us wisdom.             

beanditis

I think the word ilah is not among thar list.

Is it any pointer towards allah is not an ilah.

wrkmmn

Peace:

QuoteIs it any pointer towards allah is not an ilah.
According to the rules I have of the Arabic Allah= Al-I/Alah, because the A/I is omitted when Al is added to a word beginning with A/I.

May God increase our knowledge and give us wisdom