News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Thanking Allah?

Started by jkhan, January 29, 2024, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

good logic

Thank you jkhan.

To summarise , this verse says it clearly that if we are thankful to GOD it is the opposite of being an opponent of GOD and we benefit only ourselves by following GOD s message / the straight path. That is how we become appreciative:

The one who possessed knowledge from the book said, "I can bring it to you in the blink of your eye." When he saw it settled in front of him, he said, "This is a blessing from my Lord, whereby He tests me, to show whether I am appreciative or unappreciative. Whoever is appreciative is appreciative for his own good, and if one turns unappreciative, then my Lord is in no need for him, Most Honorable."
قالَ الَّذى عِندَهُ عِلمٌ مِنَ الكِتٰبِ أَنا۠ ءاتيكَ بِهِ قَبلَ أَن يَرتَدَّ إِلَيكَ طَرفُكَ فَلَمّا رَءاهُ مُستَقِرًّا عِندَهُ قالَ هٰذا مِن فَضلِ رَبّى لِيَبلُوَنى ءَأَشكُرُ أَم أَكفُرُ وَمَن شَكَرَ فَإِنَّما يَشكُرُ لِنَفسِهِ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ رَبّى غَنِىٌّ كَريمٌ

Indeed it is a test for us as well, Either to be appreciative which is to do good to benefit ourselves or to be the opposite  which is to our detriment. GOD has no needs.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

jkhan

Quote from: good logic on February 04, 2024, 12:47:54 PMThank you jkhan.

To summarise , this verse says it clearly that if we are thankful to GOD it is the opposite of being an opponent of GOD and we benefit only ourselves by following GOD s message / the straight path. That is how we become appreciative:

The one who possessed knowledge from the book said, "I can bring it to you in the blink of your eye." When he saw it settled in front of him, he said, "This is a blessing from my Lord, whereby He tests me, to show whether I am appreciative or unappreciative. Whoever is appreciative is appreciative for his own good, and if one turns unappreciative, then my Lord is in no need for him, Most Honorable."
قالَ الَّذى عِندَهُ عِلمٌ مِنَ الكِتٰبِ أَنا۠ ءاتيكَ بِهِ قَبلَ أَن يَرتَدَّ إِلَيكَ طَرفُكَ فَلَمّا رَءاهُ مُستَقِرًّا عِندَهُ قالَ هٰذا مِن فَضلِ رَبّى لِيَبلُوَنى ءَأَشكُرُ أَم أَكفُرُ وَمَن شَكَرَ فَإِنَّما يَشكُرُ لِنَفسِهِ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ رَبّى غَنِىٌّ كَريمٌ

Indeed it is a test for us as well, Either to be appreciative which is to do good to benefit ourselves or to be the opposite  which is to our detriment. GOD has no needs.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

GOD bless you.
Peace.

GOD bless you.
Peace.

GOD bless you.
Peace.

Peace Good logic brother..

Thank you for your reply..

Some may think Being grateful is just thanking God.. Being grateful indeed beyond it... For example one would say pointing some verses God says...  We have given you two eyes , won't you be grateful "..it may look like just thank God for giving two eyes.. No.. Two eyes Allah has gifted indeed to see.. But being grateful by having two eyes is to see Allah's creations and reflect.. Observe all Signs and ponder how Allah has blessed us with many a favors... That's what being grateful for giving us two eyes.. After all Allah says 'if you are grateful it's for us ' .. So if we grateful it benefits for us so obviously it's all about our own actions which will be credited to our account...
But Sabih (exalt)  with Hamd (Majesty) of Allah is not like being grateful but it is full of reflection and being directly exalting ... But all our actions are interconnected...
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Fusion

For me personally, the heart whispers in silent shock & awe, acknowledging the infinite power and unfathomable beauty of the Creator and I always wonder and say "who the ... are you!!!!!"

This awe-inspiring tapestry of existence, with its boundless complexity and harmonious order, compels my soul to bow in humble adoration before the Divine. It is a moment of transcendent realization and am forced to utter words to thank him, though I did not do anything in practical sense, yet I am praising and thanking him.

Going further, we should consider mutual human relations.  Animals do a lot when taking care of their offspring; but when the offspring grow up they do not even recognize their parents.  Such should not be the case in human life. Therefore, Allah has directed man regarding his parents as they should be given loving care because His mother bore him (in her womb) while she herself became weaker.  Then she suckled and nourished him for a period of two years Whereas man's creation is dependent on God's Law, his nourishment is also no less due to parental care.  So, he should be grateful to God as well as to his parents.

6:46: Think ye, if Allah took away your hearing and your sight, and sealed up your hearts, who - a god other than Allah - could restore them to you?" See how We explain the signs by various (symbols); yet they turn aside.

89:15+
Now, whenever a human being is tested by their Lord through ˹His˺ generosity and blessings, they boast, "My Lord has ˹deservedly˺ honoured me!
But when He tests them by limiting their provision, they protest, "My Lord has ˹undeservedly˺ humiliated me!"
Absolutely not! In fact, you are not ˹even˺ gracious to the orphan, nor do you urge one another to feed the poor.
And you devour ˹others'˺ inheritance greedily, and love wealth fervently.

27:40:
Said one who had knowledge from the Scripture, "I will bring it to you before your glance returns to you." And when [Solomon] saw it placed before him, he said, "This is from the favor of my Lord to test me whether I will be grateful or ungrateful. And whoever is grateful - his gratitude is only for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever is ungrateful - then indeed, my Lord is Free of need and Generous."

In short I believe being grateful and Thankful to almighty has many variations not necessarily only actions.

Best Regards,

jkhan

Quote from: Fusion on February 18, 2024, 08:29:05 AMFor me personally, the heart whispers in silent shock & awe, acknowledging the infinite power and unfathomable beauty of the Creator and I always wonder and say "who the ... are you!!!!!"

This awe-inspiring tapestry of existence, with its boundless complexity and harmonious order, compels my soul to bow in humble adoration before the Divine. It is a moment of transcendent realization and am forced to utter words to thank him, though I did not do anything in practical sense, yet I am praising and thanking him.

Going further, we should consider mutual human relations.  Animals do a lot when taking care of their offspring; but when the offspring grow up they do not even recognize their parents.  Such should not be the case in human life. Therefore, Allah has directed man regarding his parents as they should be given loving care because His mother bore him (in her womb) while she herself became weaker.  Then she suckled and nourished him for a period of two years Whereas man's creation is dependent on God's Law, his nourishment is also no less due to parental care.  So, he should be grateful to God as well as to his parents.

6:46: Think ye, if Allah took away your hearing and your sight, and sealed up your hearts, who - a god other than Allah - could restore them to you?" See how We explain the signs by various (symbols); yet they turn aside.

89:15+
Now, whenever a human being is tested by their Lord through ˹His˺ generosity and blessings, they boast, "My Lord has ˹deservedly˺ honoured me!
But when He tests them by limiting their provision, they protest, "My Lord has ˹undeservedly˺ humiliated me!"
Absolutely not! In fact, you are not ˹even˺ gracious to the orphan, nor do you urge one another to feed the poor.
And you devour ˹others'˺ inheritance greedily, and love wealth fervently.

27:40:
Said one who had knowledge from the Scripture, "I will bring it to you before your glance returns to you." And when [Solomon] saw it placed before him, he said, "This is from the favor of my Lord to test me whether I will be grateful or ungrateful. And whoever is grateful - his gratitude is only for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever is ungrateful - then indeed, my Lord is Free of need and Generous."

In short I believe being grateful and Thankful to almighty has many variations not necessarily only actions.

Thank you for your comment..

Allah says we created Men to see who is good in deeds.. In fact our actions are recorded for a reason.. What these actions /deeds?  Is it our rituals ? God created us to see who is good in rituals?  Well No.. Indeed easy to do rituals but honest life... Clean actions with pure heart is the toughest part of life... God is testing our life and life is full of actions...  Allah says the one who purofied his soul is indeed successful..how to purify a soul ?  Is it by rituals?  Nope.. It all depends how we live... In a nutshell God says.. Those who believe and do righteous good deeds we will grant them their reward in the hereafter.. Well what is Amal Salihan translated as righteous good deeds.. Needless to say it is opposite of evil actions..

So let's believe in Allah and do good deeds so we indeed be grateful to Allah.. If we grateful to Allah it is for our own benefit... Allah says so.. No benefit for Allah if we are grateful to Him.. Benefit is for us...
Quran is words but Quran is not words to repeat but it came to help our actions.. Quran was not revealed to perform rituals but to purify our souls.. Our selves.. It came to guide us and enhance our knowledge about our creator if in case we are not self aware with wisdom... Quran immensely helps..

May Allah guide us to what is right.. Let us be appreciative for our own benefit.. Lets please Allah.. So He would please US..
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]