News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Drinking Alcohol is a Sin! Why is it not according to Layth/Edip's Translation?

Started by IsaMuslim, March 21, 2018, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HP_TECH

The main point is Allah says we should avoid it,
What does Allah say about MERELY approaching His limits?
Were not our parents admonished from approaching the tree?
They transgressed all bounds by mere approach to it, and look where we are now.
Don't follow their examples.
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

The Sardar

Quote from: HP_TECH on March 24, 2018, 01:18:57 AM
The main point is Allah says we should avoid it,
What does Allah say about MERELY approaching His limits?
Were not our parents admonished from approaching the tree?
They transgressed all bounds by mere approach to it, and look where we are now.
Don't follow their examples.
On that i agree with you brother HP_TECH but remember while there is great harm on these substences there is also benefits from them as well. That's why Allah (SWTAY) told the prophet to says this:

Quote from: The Sardar on March 23, 2018, 12:53:27 AM

2:219 يسلونك عن الخمر والميسر قل فيهما اثم كبير ومنفع للناس واثمهما اكبر من نفعهما ويسلونك ماذا ينفقون قل العفو كذلك يبين الله لكم الءايت لعلكم تتفكرون
Yas-aloonaka AAani alkhamri waalmaysiriqul feehima ithmun kabeerun wamanafiAAu lilnnasiwa-ithmuhuma akbaru min nafAAihima wayas-aloonaka mathayunfiqoona quli alAAafwa kathalika yubayyinu Allahulakumu al-ayati laAAallakum tatafakkaroona
They ask you about alcohol and gambling. Say: "In them is great harm, and a benefit for the people; but their harm is greater than their benefit." And they ask you how much they are to give, say: "The excess." It is thus that God clarifies for you the revelations that you may think.

huruf

I think that the benefit does not lie on the desinfectant or any other properties of alcohol or any other substance which may have uses unrelated to the effects as intoxicants. That is obvious.

I think the benefits may lie in properties of the drugs, such as alcohol, as they are for the usual consumption. That would be the same with tools, they are very useful, but if you use them as weapongs, of course, it is different.

Alcohol, indeed has some nice properties, pleasure would be one, which is outweighted by the harming properties. And in fact what is the Qur'an telling us: does it not point out that we should beware of those nice properties because they are the enticement to approach them making us forget the danger. This again shows how wise is the Qur'an, instead of telling us merely keep away, it tells us that something may pull us from keeping away because they have good points. And in fact those good points are pointed out by those who would like the Qur'an to give a green light to alcohol, because if you drink it in moderation and all that... There are some people who ould like to be free to drink alcohol, in moderation of course, without remorse, something which can be attained if they manage to show that the Qur'an has nothing against it.

The Qur'an and also honesty and common sense, all of them in fact have a lot against alcohol and personality altering drugs, what they do not do is lie about about their hooking ability.

Salaam

huruf

And, by the way,

Concerning the translation of the aya quoted int he original post, I do not see in it dishonesty.

The reformist translation of the Qur'an is not free, in may view, of many questionable points, but, in my honest opinion, it has also good points and improvements over the average. In aya 24.33 in fact it is the only one I have seen that does not make one vomit.

Salaam

hawk99

The THC in marijuana could not be separated from the plant until
recently, before that it had to be ingested or smoked.  Other uses
of cannabis include paper, medicinal, textiles and more.

Alcohol was one of the first anesthetics.  The coca leaf has been
used since prehistoric times, when chewed, acts as a mild
stimulant and suppresses hunger, thirst, pain, and fatigue in
regions of south America, but was misused by the west and
demonized in the form of cocaine.  Allah is the creator of
plants, in them can be sin or benefit. 

During our family gatherings we have contests, play games,
gamble for very small amounts (less than a dollar) just to
make it interesting.

:peace:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

quincy

alcohol as well as cannabis should only be used for medical benefits, not misused for satisfaction. this is the sin which is mentioned in the qur'an in my opinion. i have some friends who became alcoholics or 24/7 pot smokers, it ruins lifes.

kaltun

Quote from: Abaddon on January 28, 2019, 05:43:17 AM
alcohol as well as cannabis should only be used for medical benefits, not misused for satisfaction. this is the sin which is mentioned in the qur'an in my opinion. i have some friends who became alcoholics or 24/7 pot smokers, it ruins lifes.
Slm Abaddon,

why do you compare alcohol with cannabis ??
how do you ruin your life with pot ?? the only thing i can imagine is laziness , and this can indeed ruin the life ...other then this , i see no danger at all .... there is even no overdose... overdose of thc means sleeping like a rock ;)

May Allah guide us to the straight path

quincy

Slm brother!

of course cannabis is something completely different, but still smoke shouldnt be in our lungs. there are different ways to consume cannabis. and i speak of organic cannabis, not that gmo haze. cannabis oil is the best way to consume it. but you will need a lot of herbs to extract the essence. its extremely healthy.

laziness is a sin though :D and you need to be awake in the morning for the salah.

kaltun

Quote from: Abaddon on January 28, 2019, 06:35:13 AM
Slm brother!

of course cannabis is something completely different, but still smoke shouldnt be in our lungs. there are different ways to consume cannabis. and i speak of organic cannabis, not that gmo haze. cannabis oil is the best way to consume it. but you will need a lot of herbs to extract the essence. its extremely healthy.

laziness is a sin though :D and you need to be awake in the morning for the salah.

Aslm,

say...i am  working during the day,  i do my salah on time ... i am on gym to keep my health ok... but i am consuming cannabis pure for satisfaction , is it still prohibit ???

Quoteof course cannabis is something completely different, but still smoke shouldnt be in our lungs

so eating it is not prohibit ??

indeed i know the power of cannabis oil ( especially with thc) , yet a lot of countries saying this oil is illegal drugs.... why is an healthy oil illegal....
May Allah guide us to the straight path

quincy

it is illegal because it is a pharma industry killer. cancer is a joke desease if treated with cannabis. majority of cancer patients die because of the chemotherapy. we are living in an one eyed world, the elite only cares about population control and world domination under a religion called scientism. we are indeed living in a scientific dictatorship which was described in the sci-fi novel brave new world from aldous huxley who is from the royal society, so his novel was based on the twisted minds of the royals aka "elite" or just degenerate scumbags. the elite itself consumes a drug called adrenochrome which is extracted from children while they are scared nearly to death and sacrificed. they are addicted to it.  if you give the hadith literature any credibility, dajjal is here since the 20th century, the one eyed shepherd who is also mentioned in the bible.

so if cannabis helps you to calm down in this fucked up reality, do it. but to do dhikr is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WvQUp9bpjc