News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

salat = prayer? How do you explain this then...

Started by Wakas, March 28, 2005, 03:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YahTayVoleem

Peace.

My question for Wakas: Have you read Layth's new article on Salat?

If so, how does your view differ from his?

What parts if any do you think are missing from Layth's article?

My question for Layth: Have you read Wakas' article on Salat?

What parts if any do you think are missing from Wakas' article?

Thoughts......

I have read both articles and I am wondering.....what is the real difference between the two thoughts processes?

I understand from Wakas' article that salat is not prayer, but I also understand from Layth's article what salat is... and how to... on a practical basis...implement that in my life.

But is there someway that we can combine both articles to give a more clear picture? Is there someway we can come together as brothers and sisters in the deen? We need to unite...I am asking in the name of God, The Almighty, The Merciful...for uniting on the parts of Layth and Wakas in regards to the salat issue, and come up with a unified article on the issue.

Wakas tells you what Salat isn't and Layth tells you what Salat is...why couldn't we combine them and perhaps expand on it, and maybe come up with a unifed article that could be produced, God willing, down the road... as a small salat leaflet or booklet?

I have the technological ability and software needed to be involved in that if needed. I am also willing to contribute financially if need be as much as I can afford, God willing.

I have been here under many names for the past three years or more, and have gone through the learning process with both brothers, and now is the time I stand up and say we need to unite our understanding of salat. I feel we are so close, yet we need some sort of document that is the standard. I will not accept the comments that drag the process down. We WILL God willing, have a central unified understanding on salat, God willing. Then this when done needs to be the only article on the article section and if people want to debate it or come up with other ideas that is why we have the forum section where people could debate it. Make sense?

Please comment.

YTV

P.S. I love you ALL....for the sake of God and whatever it is you need feel free to ask anytime..and God willing whatever I can contribute I will, God willing.

YTV

Wakas

peace HMD, YTV, all,

Re: 9:122

I have not studied the context and cross-referenced it but from 9:122 the timeframe cant be judged. For example, they may be setting out to battle immeditaely or in the next few hours, i.e. there is no time for salat al fajr / salat al esha etc. As a side note, there is a sign that discusses the prophet setting out at dawn (to battle?) and there is a sign discussing a salat during a time of fear, limited time, so these events may be connected.

Re: Layth's article

I responded to it here:
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=14843.15
As I stated in the above thread, the direction of the article is ok, but the core premise is built upon an unverifiable point.

HMD, referenced one slw article, but the others which I referenced prior in this thread should be read in conjunction with it.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Alen

Quote from: YahTayVoleem on December 27, 2007, 01:49:35 PM
Peace.
My question for Wakas: Have you read Layth's new article on Salat?
What parts if any do you think are missing from Layth's article?
My question for Layth: Have you read Wakas' article on Salat?
What parts if any do you think are missing from Wakas' article?
Thoughts......
I have read both articles and I am wondering.....what is the real difference between the two thoughts processes?
I understand from Wakas' article that salat is not prayer, but I also understand from Layth's article what salat is... and how to... on a practical basis...implement that in my life.
But is there someway that we can combine both articles to give a more clear picture? Is there someway we can come together as brothers and sisters in the deen? We need to unite...I am asking in the name of God, The Almighty, The Merciful...for uniting on the parts of Layth and Wakas in regards to the salat issue, and come up with a unified article on the issue.
Wakas tells you what Salat isn't and Layth tells you what Salat is...why couldn't we combine them and perhaps expand on it, and maybe come up with a unifed article that could be produced, God willing, down the road... as a small salat leaflet or booklet?

I have the technological ability and software needed to be involved in that if needed. I am also willing to contribute financially if need be as much as I can afford, God willing.
I have been here under many names for the past three years or more, and have gone through the learning process with both brothers, and now is the time I stand up and say we need to unite our understanding of salat. I feel we are so close, yet we need some sort of document that is the standard. I will not accept the comments that drag the process down. We WILL God willing, have a central unified understanding on salat, God willing. Then this when done needs to be the only article on the article section and if people want to debate it or come up with other ideas that is why we have the forum section where people could debate it. Make sense?
Please comment.
YTV
P.S. I love you ALL....for the sake of God and whatever it is you need feel free to ask anytime..and God willing whatever I can contribute I will, God willing.
YTV

Salam,
Respectfully.

I agree and i am also willing to help in any way that i can, God willing.
Many times have i been asking many questions regarding the prayer and i wold love to join the debate and the search, God willing.

Allah Ellem.

Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

Wakas

If anyone wishes to help, it's really simple. I am constantly involved in islam/quran projects. Contact me if interested.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

YahTayVoleem

Peace.

I previously read the articles about salat from layth and wakas....now I have come across the submitter perspective....now I am even more confused.....

they say 74:31 over it is nineteen.....etc etc and I have checked and rechecked the numbers for salat and it does add up right...

24434 is a multiple of 19 (1286x19)

so I wonder if anyone layth or wakas has come across that information....

and if so how did they disregard it as false and on what basis...

I am a bit perplexed.....

seems once a person gets a firm handle on what they belive a new twist comes along.....

YTV

Wakas

peace YTV,

submission.org articles were actually the first ones I read on "salat" a long time ago, so I am familliar with what they say. Personally, I do not use code-19 to validate non-Quranic info.

As a side note, if anyone is confused about "salat" or any concept for that matter, simply study it from al quran itself. The tools are available online now and it has never been easier. This methodology is very effective, as there is nothing more powerful than seeing the truth for yourself.

www.studyquran.org

YahTayVoleem

Peace.

I appreciate your prompt reply to my post. I am wondering what is the root I should be looking up?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

YTV

Jack

ص ل و  =  Sad-Lam-Waw

Please don't hesitate to message me, if you have any further questions.

:peace:
You gotta follow the truth even it brings the whole thing crumbling down around you - Sam Tyler, Life on Mars (UK)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense

Wakas

Read from 8:30-40 and compare with 9:1-19.

Very interesting comparison. It seems these two passages refer to the same events.

Jack

Good connection. Both passages speak of the restricted masjid, the house, etc.

How do you understand the salat in 8:35 vs. 9:11?

You gotta follow the truth even it brings the whole thing crumbling down around you - Sam Tyler, Life on Mars (UK)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense