Author Topic: The Even And The Odd!  (Read 9214 times)

sabo

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
The Even And The Odd!
« on: March 12, 2005, 11:21:35 AM »
Salam Everybody,

I would like to share a very interesting phenomen, which no body is giving attention to. Its the structure of the verses of the Quran and how it is balanced using the Even and the Odd

Definitions

• 1: even and odd
    even number: a number, which is divisible by 2
    odd number: a number, which is not divisible by 2
  • 2: homogenous and heterogenous
    We define a Sura to be homogeneous, if the number of the sura is even and the number of verses in it is also even, or if the number of the sura is odd and the number of verses in it is also odd.
    Otherwise the sura is heterogenous
  • 3: Suras of the Quran
    There are 114 Suras in the Quran. The sum of numbers from 1-114 = 6555
  • 4: numbered verses in the Quran
    There are 6234 numbered verses in the Quran
The phenomenons
  • There are 60 Suras in the Quran, which have even number of verses.

These are divided into
  • 30 even sura numbers
  • 30 odd sura numbers

• There are 54 Suras in the Quran, which have odd number of verses.

These are divided into
  • 27 even sura numbers
  • 27 odd sura numbers

• There are 57 homogenous Suras and 57 heterogenous Suras in the Quran
  • The sum of all Sura numbers and the numbers of numbered verses in these suras in the homogenous section is: 6234 (compare with definition #4)
  • The sum of all Sura numbers and the numbers of numbered verses in these suras in the heterogenous section is: 6555 (compare with definition #3)
  • The number of even Suras in the homogenous section = 30 = The number of odd Suras in the heterogenous section
  • The number of odd Suras in the homogenous section = 27 = The number of even Suras in the heterogenous section
  • The sum of Sura numbers in the homogenous section = 3303 = The sum of the numbered verses of the heterogenous section
  • If we examine the two halves of the Quran (Suras 1-57 and Suras 58-114) we find:
  • The number of homogenous Suras in the first half = 29 = The number of heterogenous Suras in the second half
  • The number of homogenous Suras in the second half = 28 = The number of heterogenous Suras in the first half

• The sum of the numbered verses in the first 19th chapter is 2346 and the sum of numbered verses of the Quran is 6234, and the 6234 is the 19th permutation of 2346

And today I've observed something amazing:
If we examine the numbered verses of the Quran:
7 286 200 176 120 165 206 75 127 109 123 111 43 52 99 128 111 110 98 135 112 78 118 64 77 227 93 88 69 60 34 30 73 54   45 83 182 88 75 85 54 53 89 59 37 35 38 29 18 45 60 49 62 55 78 96 29 22 24 13 14 11 11 18 12 12 30 52 52 44 28 28 20 56 40 31 50 40 46 42 29 19 36 25 22 17 19 26 30 20 15 21 11 8 8 19 5 8   8 11 11 8 3 9 5 4 7 3 6 3 5 4 5 6

And for each number we see if the number following it is higher or lower and write H for higher and L for lower we will get the following string:
HLLLHHLHLHLLHHHLLLHLLHLHHLLLLLLHLLHHLLHLLHLLLHLLHHLHLHHLLHLHL-HL-HH-LL-LHLLHLHLLLHLLLHHHLLHLL-HLH-H-LLHLLHLHLHLHH

The - means: the number of verses wasn't increased nor decreased

We have in this string 61 L's and 45 H's (difference 16)

But if we see how many times it was switched from high to low (represented as HL or H-L) we'll find: 32 switches

and if we see how many times it was switched from low to high (represented as LH or L-H) we'll find also: 32 switches.
One can not escape the relation between 32 and 16

Now to imagine the complexity of this structure, here is a task for people, who are interested in mathematics and/or programming, what we can just imagine solving it using arrays of integers.

?   Find a prime number P
?   Find N numbers, where each number has an index from 1-N and N is a multiple of P
?   An index is homogeneous if the index is even and the number assigned to it is even, or if the index is odd and the number assigned to it is odd, otherwise its heterogeneous: the number of homogeneous indices must be equal to heterogenic indices
?   The even numbers among these N numbers should have an equal number of odd indices and even indices
?   The odd numbers among these N numbers should have an equal number of odd indices and even indices
?   The sum of indices from 1-N should be equal to the sum of all indices and numbers in the homogeneous or heterogeneous section
?   The sum of numbers from 1-N should be equal to the sum of all indices and numbers in the homogeneous or heterogeneous section
?   Even indices in the homogeneous section must be equal to odd indices in the heterogeneous section
?   Odd indices in the homogeneous section must be equal to even indices in the heterogeneous section
?   The sum of indices in the homogeneous section must be equal to the sum of numbers in the heterogeneous section
?   The number of homogeneous indices in the first half of indices must be equal to the number of heterogeneous indices in the  second half of indices
?   The number of homogeneous indices in the second half of indices must be equal to the number of heterogeneous indices in the  first half of indices
?   The sum of the N numbers should be the P-th permutation of the sum of the number assigned to the first P indices
?   For each number from the N numbers write the number
followed by the numbers from 1 to this number. All numbers placed next to each other must be divisible by P
?   For each number from the N numbers write the sum of numbers from 1 to this number followed by the numbers from 1 to this number. All numbers placed next to each other must be divisible by P

The 114 numbers given  on this thread fulfill the requirements of this task for P=19

Best regards,
Mohamed

P.S. almost all information are taken from http://www.mucizeler.com/19lar/ciftveteksayi.htm (turkish language, however I don't speak turkish :P)

Bahman

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-3
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 08:14:29 AM »
Salaam dear brother:
Just remind you may you post your new calc.program  here for memebrs  too. :D
God bless.

beammer

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 05:01:31 AM »
Saboooooo .. enta hena ! :) ezzayak :D

nice article :D

Salam
www.FYKR.net/forum

Free Minds - Free Thoughts

natu

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-1
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 04:50:51 AM »
Peace Sabo.

Great effort brother, however I would like to bring up a point which may have been over looked.

May I bring it to your attention that the different recitations of "the reading" (al-quran) have different numbers of verses, and that stops between phrases/sentences are entirely down to the writings of scribes, and verse numberings are not what have been sent down to us. What have been sent to us are the words, hence it is called "the reading" (al-quran).

Take care.
Here' your iPod for free - Windows XP

jonny_k

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 07:22:24 AM »
Quote from: "Natu"
Peace Sabo.

Great effort brother, however I would like to bring up a point which may have been over looked.

May I bring it to your attention that the different recitations of "the reading" (al-quran) have different numbers of verses, and that stops between phrases/sentences are entirely down to the writings of scribes, and verse numberings are not what have been sent down to us. What have been sent to us are the words, hence it is called "the reading" (al-quran).

Take care.

Khi- Salam. Then how come this particular verse numbering (hafs numbering - 9:128&129) forms these astonishing patterns while others do not? Have you ever asked yourself this question? GOD Bless!
[19:19] He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

natu

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-1
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 06:42:56 AM »
Quote from: "jonny_k"
Quote from: "Natu"
Peace Sabo.

Take care.

Khi- Salam. Then how come this particular verse numbering (hafs numbering - 9:128&129) forms these astonishing patterns while others do not? Have you ever asked yourself this question? GOD Bless!

Peace.

astonishing patterns

A child was playing with a coin, and threw a head 100 times. That is "astonishing" too, when you when you aren't told that the child has actually been sat in one place for a couple of hours and has thrown the coin over 200 times. is it still "astonishing" - it is becaused we were never told about the failed trials. It is obvious that when people look for ocurences of 19, they go through zillions of failed trials, the what I myself did when I was finding a 19 code in the first chapter of the reading, and how, like many other count 19 believers I managed to end up with a 19 pattern, even though I knew myself how many times my attempts had failed, I would still be excited at finding just a pinchfull of successful trials out of a heap of failed trials. Praise be to the nourisher who helped me pass the fitna, and allowed me to progress.

Having said that, even if there is a 19 pattern in the hafs numbering system, isn't it subjectively biassed to think that the proper numbering system for the reading out of the 10 or so available, the one where people found the most 19 counts is the reading.

The hafs numbering is miraculous, and becuase al-quran is miraculous, then the hafs numbering has to be the miraculously correct system, and al-quran is miraculous becuase it has a miraculous counting system - is ths not a circular argument?

What would happen if in a set of passages where the numbering is different between the hafs and warsh numbering system, more counts of 19 arefound in the warsh version, which would then be the miraculous numbering system? Or would you say that it is impossible to find counts of 19 in the warsh version, would you change your mind on 19, if someone spend time and found more 19 counts in the warsh version of a few passges that in the hafs version of the same passages?
Here' your iPod for free - Windows XP

jonny_k

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 07:47:14 PM »
Salam Natu,
Your example is silly because theres no pattern in the coin, just a statement that the boy has done it. The Quran has a pettern which you have to analyse the pattern as ive been stressing so many times otherwise theres no other way to know the truth. Btw initially even RK was unaware of this pattern. He by scientifically applying consitent methods reached his conclusion at last. Refer to Edip's "Intelligent ppls guide to code-19". RK worked completely scientifically NEVER LOSING OBJECTIVITY. RK himself stressed the need for scientific onjectivity and would never abandon that. Did you know that bro Edip when presented great and knowledgable atheist mathematcians with this miracle some of them were stunned? One made neither a +ve not a -ve criticism because 1) he knew it was true 2) he still had fear of being thrown out of the scientific community. Read Edip's "Intelligent Peoples guide to code-19". Theres no more for me to say. GOD Bless!
[19:19] He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

sawtooth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 08:10:27 PM »
So is this like the Divinci code for the quran?

Kidding kind of, sorry I only got as far as algebra 2 in HS (I knind of don't get along with math LOL)

jonny_k

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 08:21:54 PM »
Salam Sawtotoh,

Quote from: "sawtooth"
So is this like the Divinci code for the quran?

Kidding kind of, sorry I only got as far as algebra 2 in HS (I knind of don't get along with math LOL)

JK- You dont have to be a math genius in order to understand the awesome mathematical miracle of the Quran. Infact a youngster could understand it. GOD Bless!

sawtooth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
The Even And The Odd!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 08:24:34 PM »
And the same mathmatical phenomenon has been seen in the work of Mozart. You kind find anything in anything if you are looking for it ;)