News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Surah 2:62, will Muslims, Christians, Jews and Sabians be saved?

Started by XavierSlaveofGod, November 20, 2022, 12:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

Thank you jkhan for such a wonderful reply. God bless you.
Best Regards,

XavierSlaveofGod

Thanks, all, for the responses.

Quote from: Fusion on November 20, 2022, 05:12:46 PM
One needs to understand the essence of this verse which means that the criteria is NOT if you are christian or a jew or any one else for that matter will only make you  enter God's heaven but the criteria is same across all:

62   This has been your record, but in spite of it, you believe that you are Allah's chosen off-springs (5/18) and that paradise is reserved for your race (2/111). This is your vain imagining. Paradise is not reserved for any race. Our Law is that, irrespective of origin, any person from amongst the following:-

1.      Jews, Christians, Sabaeans;

2.      Those who believe in Allah without formally adopting any particular religion; and

3.      Those who are Muslim only by virtue of being born in a Muslim family.

Whoever believes in Allah's  as revealed to you O Rasool (2/137) and leads his life accordingly, will be duly compensated. Such a person will lead a life of heavenly bliss, free of fear, grief and anxiety.

Ok, very good to know, Fusion. That means Christians and Muslims should be like brothers and sisters on Earth, as we hope to be brothers and sisters one day in Heaven. For us, Jesus Christ taught the Two Great Commandments of Love on which the whole of humanity will be judged are: "
The Great Commandment (or Greatest Commandment)[a] is a name used in the New Testament to describe the first of two commandments cited by Jesus in Matthew 22:35-40, Mark 12:28-34, and in answer to him in Luke 10:27a:

... and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. "Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He [Jesus] said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

— Matthew 22:35-40
Most Christian denominations consider these two commandments as, together, forming the core of the Christian religion.[1]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Commandment

Even those who have not heard Christ's Gospel are expected to do this, since the Law of God on their Conscience teaches them they ought to. We do believe that once the Gospel of Christ is known, then people are obliged to make a decision about Christ. But it remains universally true that all are bound to love God above all, and our neighbor as our self, and this will bring Peace.

In Mat 25, Jesus Christ expresses again a Truth by which all humanity will be judged, the alms we have given, love we have shown etc: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25&version=NRSVUE

"The Judgment of the Nations
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world, 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?'

40 And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did it to me.' 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'You who are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels, 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

44 Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not take care of you?' 45 Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment but the righteous into eternal life."

In other words, the love we show to the Poor, to the Naked, the Hungry, the Prisoner, the Suffering, the Sick etc, the Lord takes as done to Himself and rewards accordingly in Paradise.

God Bless.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

Euphoric

Those are interpretations of the translators who corrupted the Quran through their traditional beliefs. It's best to stick to the Quranic words "Haadu", "Nasara" and "Sabioon".

Jesus, The Gospels and Christianity in general aren't from God. Jesus preached falsehood about God as I showed here https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9612092.0

If Jesus was preaching falsehood, then the rest is also false.

Why take some parts of the Gospels and not the others? It's dishonesty.

Many Christians believe Jesus is God or the son of God. They won't fall under 2:62 either way.

Nom de plume

17:36-39 and not thou pursue what not is to you in it knowledge indeed the hearing (enquiry) and the eyesight (evidence) and the heart (inner emotion i.e., knowing right and wrong) each those be about it questioned of and not thou walk in the land insolent of indeed you never breach the land and never thou reach the mountains height of each such be evil its near lord yours disliked of such from what inspires to you lord your of the wisdom and not thou make with the God deity of another so cast in abyss blameworthy of one forsaken of

XavierSlaveofGod

Quote from: Euphoric on December 12, 2022, 07:36:54 PM
Those are interpretations of the translators who corrupted the Quran through their traditional beliefs. It's best to stick to the Quranic words "Haadu", "Nasara" and "Sabioon".

Jesus, The Gospels and Christianity in general aren't from God. Jesus preached falsehood about God as I showed here https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9612092.0

If Jesus was preaching falsehood, then the rest is also false.

Euphoric: Friend, respectfully, that is your own opinion only. 99% of even Muslims disagree with your novel interpretation that Isa Ibn Maryam is not Jesus Christ, Son of Mary. I will explain more on that thread.

QuoteWhy take some parts of the Gospels and not the others? It's dishonesty.

Sorry, but you're mistaken. In this thread, we were looking at the moral aspects of the Teaching of Christ. That Jesus Christ preached Love of God and Love of Neighbor - as St. Francis of Assisi, St. Mother Theresa of Calcutta, and other of His Followers for e.g. down through the ages have practiced - is a well known fact, and universally recognized, even by Atheists and Agnostics who respect Him for it. The theology of Christ's Teaching is another matter which we can look at separately.

QuoteMany Christians believe Jesus is God or the son of God. They won't fall under 2:62 either way.

That's your opinion. I too believe Jesus is God because Jesus declared He is God. Is God so weak He cannot come in the Flesh?

For us, our Prophets, beginning with Abraham, Moses, David and all the rest, clearly said Christ would come, and that He is God.

If you believe differently, and I know you do, I understand. Christians have believed this for 2000 years. When Christ taught us to be Baptized - as all Christians are - "In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", He showed the Three are One. He didn't say "names", but Name, showing us the Three Persons are One God. No Muslim will say: "In the Name of Allah and of Mohammed and of Fatima", you will say separately "In the Name of Allah" and then "In the names of Mohammed and Fatima" etc.

Also, no Christian will say: "the wills of the gods", as e.g. Hindus would say. We will say "The Will of God", we know God is One.

God Bless.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).