News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

shahr = lunar month ?

Started by Mohammed., July 15, 2022, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohammed.

Peace Noon,

I read your article a bit late, interesting observation, & thanks for sharing.

Could you tell why you say lunar cycle is exactly 29 days ? (Why not >29 or ~29.5).
12 lunar cycles take around 354/355 days. So thalathuna shahr would be >870 days ?
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Mohammed.

QuoteGod mentions Moon phases from new moon, not from full moon. i.e. islamic timing system starts (e.g. for hajj) with new moon itself (enter houses from the doors).
I hope it's not confusing. Time for hajj starts with the new moon of first month of the well known /inviolable /restricted months. i.e. unlike in the article, one can choose any set of days within these months.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Aladin Azra

Time for the Hajj is when its host announce it, as was told to Ibrahim.

There's also bogus understanding of 2:197 when people think that ešhur means "months", so some take it as the Hajj is in a few months and some take it as the Hajj is these months.
Ordo ab LICENTIA.

Noon waalqalami

Quote from: Mohammed. on July 20, 2022, 05:10:12 AM
Peace Noon,

I read your article a bit late, interesting observation, & thanks for sharing.

Could you tell why you say lunar cycle is exactly 29 days ? (Why not >29 or ~29.5).
12 lunar cycles take around 354/355 days. So thalathuna shahr would be >870 days ?

peace Mohammed,

pregnancy time and breastfeeding calculations would contradict if natural birth occurs before cutoff time similar type of contradiction as with fingerprints i.e., each individual has unique prints even identical twins (see 75:3-4)

•   contradicts If lunar cycle = 29.53059 days, and if year = lunar 354.36708 days
•   contradicts If lunar cycle = 29.53059 days, and if year = solar 365.242199 days
•   contradicts If lunar cycle = 29 days, and if year = lunar 354

math only works if lunar cycle = 29 days and if year = solar 365 days
(i.e., full days e.g., dawn-to-dawn or sunset-to-sunset)

3:41 قال said رب lord اجعل makes لى for me اىه sign قال said اىتك sign your (sing.) الا that not تكلم thou talk الناس the people ثلثه trio (group of three) اىام days الا except رمزا symbol (gesture) of واذكر and remembrance (mention) ربك lord your (sing.) كثىرا much of وسبح and glorify بالعشى in the evening والابكر and the early part

likewise, doesn't say 12 lunar cycles in a year rather the count is twelve!

9:36 ان indeed عده iddata/count الشهور the lunar cycles (pl.) عند near/with الله the God اثنا dual عشر ten (twelve) شهرا lunar cycle of فى in كتب book (writ) الله the God

choose a marker e.g., summer solstice, full-moon, etc., count full days until next event

like many words when written with leading alif denotes plural

2:185 شهر lunar cycle (sing.) رمضن ramadan
perf558 شهر lunar cycle (sing.) جمدى jumada الاولى the first من of سنه year اثنىن twosome وعشرىن and twenty (22)

2:197 الحج the hajj اشهر lunar cycles (pl.) معلومت well-known

2:226 للذىن for the ones ىولون turning (forswearing) من from نساىهم womenfolk theirs (m/p) تربص wait اربعه quartet (i.e., group of four successive not any اربع arbaa/four) اشهر lunar cycles (pl.)

2:234 والذىن and the ones ىتوفون taketh being (dying) منكم among you (m/p) وىذرون and leaving ازوجا spouses of ىتربصن waited they (f/p) بانفسهن in (by) souls theirs/themselves (f/p) اربعه quartet (group of four) اشهر lunar cycles (pl.) وعشرا and ten of

4:92,58:4 فمن so who لم not ىجد find فصىم so abstinence شهرىن lunar cycles two متتبعىن successive two

9:2 فسىحوا so move about فى in الارض the land اربعه quartet (group of four) اشهر lunar cycles (pl.)
9:5 فاذا so when of (i.e., future event) انسلخ withdraws الاشهر the lunar cycles (pl.)

65:4 والى and those (f/p) ىىسن despaired من from المحىض the menstruation من from نساىكم womenfolk yours ان if ارتبتم doubts you (pl.) فعدتهن so count theirs ثلثه trio (group of three) اشهر lunar cycles (pl.)

the meanings in context are obvious and pregnancy/breastfeeding calculations times clarify

Aladin Azra

Same question goes: How the Hajj can be lunar cycles? What does that mean?
Ordo ab LICENTIA.

Mohammed.

I also count year solar, but when you say 30 lunar cycles = 870 days (or lunar cycle is 29 days), it contradicts with what we observe in reality / what God has arranged.

Noon waalqalami

Quote from: Aladin Azra on July 23, 2022, 06:06:09 PM
Same question goes: How the Hajj can be lunar cycles? What does that mean?

it means the same as 22:28 فى in اىام days معلومت well-known

Quote from: Mohammed. on July 23, 2022, 11:41:41 PM
I also count year solar, but when you say 30 lunar cycles = 870 days (or lunar cycle is 29 days), it contradicts with what we observe in reality / what God has arranged.

Not what I say what Qur'an says — what does it contradict?
Did you understand how to solve inequality equation given?

https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/inequality-solving.html

Noon waalqalami

We could use lunar cycle = 29.530575 days
Pregnancy = 2x365 - 30x29.53 = 156+ days

Hence cutoff = 156/7 = 22 weeks + 2 days
These two cases (suspect?) violate above?

"In 2014, Lyla Stensrud, born in San Antonio, Texas, U.S. became the youngest premature baby in the world. She was born at 21 weeks 4 days and weighed 410 grams (less than a pound). Kaashif Ahmad resuscitated the baby after she was born."

"Amillia Taylor is also often cited as the most premature baby. She was born on 24 October 2006 in Miami, Florida, U.S. at 21 weeks and 6 days' (153 days) gestation. This report has created some confusion as her gestation was measured from the date of conception (through in vitro fertilization) rather than the date of her mother's last menstrual period, making her appear 2 weeks younger than if gestation was calculated by the more common method."

Aladin Azra

Quote from: Noon waalqalami on July 24, 2022, 12:36:24 AM
it means the same as 22:28 فى in اىام days معلومت well-known

It can't mean the same because there's no fee there.
Ordo ab LICENTIA.

Noon waalqalami

Quote from: Aladin Azra on July 24, 2022, 05:21:05 AM
It can't mean the same because there's no fee there.

??? timeframe is clearly there use context cross-reference

2:197 الحج the hajj اشهر lunar cycles معلومت well-known
فمن so who فرض undertakes فىهن fīhinna/in them (reference 9:36) الحج the hajj

9:36 ان indeed عده count الشهور the lunar cycles (pl.) عند near/with الله the God اثنا dual عشر ten (twelve) شهرا lunar cycle of فى in كتب book/writ الله the God ىوم day خلق creation السموت the skies والارض and the land
منها of them اربعه quartet (group of four) حرم inviolable ذلك such الدىن the creed القىم the value
فلا so not تظلموا thou wrong ye of فىهن fīhinna/in them (i.e., group of four) انفسكم souls yours

https://corpuscoranicum.de/en/verse-navigator/sura/9/verse/36/manuscripts