News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Spiritual Gurus and mindsets

Started by Sarah, September 20, 2021, 10:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

Over the years when I've looked up positivity videos, topics on mindsets or tackling problems, I've come across spiritual gurus and videos. People such as Teal Swan. She will discuss subjects such as happiness, depression, love, energy, how to succeed, personality, positivity and vibrational energy etc. These are the types of videos I am interested in. When she explains these topics it seems to make a lot of sense. There are also other videos on stuff such as chakras, your 3rd eye etc. which I haven't dived into properly yet but I'm not sure if these phenomena are real or are just some sort of new-age beliefs or theories.

Say I have a problem in regards to the former topics such as happiness etc., I Google it. This is obviously worldly knowledge. However, if I start listening to info on spiritual topics such as the 3rd eye, is this stepping into haram territory? When I've watched such videos in the past, I do not take their word for it. I watch more out of curiosity and if it makes sense at all.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Houriya

Peace,

Everything is energy like electric, magnetic, biological, nuclear energy .... etc.
Our state depends on the nature of our energy. Each of our actions generates a positive or negative energy.
There are 2 types of bad actions, towards Allah (dunoob) like association ... etc, humans or others (sayyiat) like gossip, conjecture, prejudice ...

Allah makes the energy available to humans to purify themselves from the negative energies accumulated in the body, called istighfar, it is not just a word that we repeat, we connect to the negative energy in connection with the action committed and one feels the purifying action of the energy of forgiveness "istighfar"to achieve inner peace.
In orderto free yourself from negative energy following a mistake / sayyiat, doing a good deed to counterbalance the bad deed. Asking for forgiveness does not release negative energy from bad actions towards a third party.
The physical body gets sick due to the accumulation of negative energies generated by bad actions.
The practices recommended by Allah, salat, zakat aim to purify us and taste the earthly paradise.
Repeating words every day will not change someone's situation. Use the energies that Allah has made available to us to purify ourselves and increase our level of energies through good deeds, forgiveness 'istighfar' ....

8:33 And God will not punish them while you are with them, nor will God punish them while they continue to seek forgiveness.

istaghfara / to seek forgivenes is a pronominal verb, it is an internal cleansing of negative energies related to bad deeds, Allah does not punish the one who practices alistighfar.

Salam

Houriya

72:16 And those who remain on the right path, We will provide them with abundant water.

To remain on the right path : Abundant water / peace, health, wealth, success, power, easy life, abundance ...

when one deviates from the right path, life becomes difficult, poverty, disease, problems of all kinds are a good indicator.

to be in paradise in the next life, you have to realize it on earth.

2:25 And give good news to those who believe and do good works that they will have estates with rivers flowing beneath them. Every time they receive a provision of its fruit, they say: "This is what we have been provisioned before," and they are given its likeness. And there they will have pure mates, and in it they will abide.

"This is what we have been provisioned before,"

Houriya

2:81 Indeed, whoever gains a sin, and is surrounded by his mistakes; those are the people of the Fire, in it they will abide.

48:6 And He will punish the hypocrite males and the hypocrite females, and the polytheist males and the polytheist females; they think evil thoughts about God. on them a hallo of evil /negative energy / da-iratu of alssaw-i  , and God was angry with them, and He has cursed them and prepared for them Hell. What a miserable destiny!

Sin is a negative energy which surrounds the author and makes him live in hell on earth and in the other life if he does not purify himself.

2:82 And those who believe and do good works, they are the people of Paradise, in it they will abide.

Good deeds: positive energy that allows the author to access paradise on earth and in the next life.

Houriya

following my previous messages

30:47 And We have sent before you messengers to their people. So they came to them with clear proofs; then We took revenge on those who were criminals. And it is binding upon Us to grant victory to the believers.

Ether victory or  khizy : defeat, misery, humiliation, failure, poverty in life now and after.

Sarah

Quote from: Houriya on September 21, 2021, 05:35:43 AM
following my previous messages

30:47 And We have sent before you messengers to their people. So they came to them with clear proofs; then We took revenge on those who were criminals. And it is binding upon Us to grant victory to the believers.

Ether victory or  khizy : defeat, misery, humiliation, failure, poverty in life now and after.

Peace Houriya

Thanks for the answers. They are interesting. I agree, every deed seems to be made of energy. You can also feel people's energy.

But how do you explain when some rich people are horrible and sinful and some good people are in poverty? Not that every rich person is bad and vice versa. It seems like both circumstances happen to every type of person. Also, the prophets were mocked and ridiculed- humiliation. Prophets got sick too etc. Some pretty horrid people get far in life because of their intelligence and worldly ambitions. Some good people happen to not be as intelligent and therefore have a harder time becoming successful (not that success depends on intelligence but it's just an example). Do babies die in natural disasters because of their deeds and energy?
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Houriya

whatever happens is truth, righteous, Allah, his law is equitable, unchanging. We must not judge the appearance of things. Life is perfect in its apparent imperfection.
To better understand, observe  the life. Outside is the perfect illustration of inside.

Sarah

Quote from: Houriya on September 21, 2021, 07:16:54 AM
whatever happens is truth, righteous, Allah, his law is equitable, unchanging. We must not judge the appearance of things. Life is perfect in its apparent imperfection.
To better understand, observe  the life. Outside is the perfect illustration of inside.

'.... defeat, misery, humiliation, failure, poverty in life now and after.'

When you see a rich person, do you think, 'Wow they must have a really good soul, that's why God has blessed them'? When you see a poor person do you think,' They deserve it, that's why God has given them these circumstances'?

Hitler was rich.

On the other hand, obviously, there's more to life than financial circumstances. A poor person may have many other blessings a rich person may not have. A poor person can become better off too and vice versa. But just because somebody is poor, does not mean they are a worse person spiritually speaking. It could just be to test them.

When you see someone who is miserable or has failed, do you think 'They deserve it' without knowing the person inside out or why they're miserable?

' And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,' 2:155

Houriya

Peace,

7:96 And if only the people of the towns had believed and been aware, then We would have opened for them blessings from the heavens and the earth; but they denied, so We took them for what they had earned.

In the verse above, it is not specified to believe in what.

31:20    Did you not note that God has commissioned in your service what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, and He has showered you with His blessings, both apparent and hidden? Yet from the people are some who argue about God with no knowledge nor guidance nor enlightening Book.

All the riches are at our disposal. our situation is a reflection of our beliefs. If we believe that we are rich, everything is at our disposal to be rich and vice versa. It's up to everyone to choose what they want to be.

6:39    And those who deny Our revelations, they are deaf and dumb, in darkness. Whoever God wishes He misguides, and whoever He he wishes He puts him on a straight path.

In the verse above, if we choose to be guided to a path, Allah guides us and vice versa. We are free to believe or not to believe in any area.
Our situation changes when we choose to change our beliefs.

Allah wants ease and not hardship for us. If we believe that life is a struggle, it will be. If we believe that all riches are accessible, we will be rich, Allah will make it easier for us.

13:11    Present with him and behind him are retainers, they preserve him from the command of God. God does not change the condition of a people until they change the condition of their souls. And if God wanted to harm a people, then there is no turning Him back, nor will they have any protector against Him.

Peace.

Jafar

Quote from: Sarah on September 20, 2021, 10:12:02 PM
When she explains these topics it seems to make a lot of sense. There are also other videos on stuff such as chakras, your 3rd eye etc. which I haven't dived into properly yet but I'm not sure if these phenomena are real or are just some sort of new-age beliefs or theories.

Say I have a problem in regards to the former topics such as happiness etc., I Google it. This is obviously worldly knowledge. However, if I start listening to info on spiritual topics such as the 3rd eye, is this stepping into haram territory? When I've watched such videos in the past, I do not take their word for it. I watch more out of curiosity and if it makes sense at all.

I wondered.. why you even think that it's 'haram'?
Does fear still dictate what you want to experience in this life?

The depiction about energy body, prana body, chi body and chakras as it's instrument is very ancient.. thus not 'new' at all. What is 'named' as 'third eye' is a nickname for one of the energy center in the pranic / chi body.

Chi/pranic body is neutral, the emotion that you have inside shall have influence on it's vibrational frequency. From this range of frequency people then categorize it as 'negative' for lower range frequency and 'positive' for higher range frequency.

Some people named those as 'aura', as each range of frequency can be 'seen' as frequency of light. With high frequency depicting violet hue and low frequency depicting red hue.
And when all range of frequencies are 'truly balanced' then it will be white.

If let's say you let fear to dictate what you want to experience in life, then your dominating frequency will be red because you're vibrating in lower frequency. Fear emits a low vibrational frequency of energy.

Chi/pranic body is real it's actually more 'real' than your physical body.
In a sense that it's lifetime can be longer than the physical body.
When the physical body become dysfunctional the chi/pranic body can still be exist and functional.

The easiest way to experience this is to put both palm of your hands close to each others.

You will then start to feel the sensation of 'magnetic field' exist between the palm of your hands.

Chi, Prana, Aura are merely names referring to the same thing.