Author Topic: Books in print  (Read 167 times)

Abdul-Hadi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Books in print
« on: June 25, 2021, 11:23:34 PM »
Greetings and peace, all  :group:

If this is not the appropriate place for this message, please relocate.

I would like to purchase books about the deen, including translations of Al Qur'an, for my state prison system. My intention is to mail them directly to the Islamic Chaplain, who can distribute them according to need. The Chaplain services multiple prisons and has contact with other Chaplains. It is best if the books come from the publisher, and I'd prefer to buy in bulk. Is there some way to streamline this, or, even better, to make it easy for others who might choose to do the same?

Some backstory: I came to Islam by reading a Qur'an that was among a complete box donated and mailed to our Chaplain while I was deployed in Afghanistan. I carefully read, considered, and submitted. Inconsistencies in traditional Islam led me to nondenominational Islam. I'm still in the Army National Guard, and currently a Correctional Sergeant for a state prison. I was fully intending to fast this Ramadan and am currently "in my feelings" that health issues contraindicate a total fast. :'( I know that I must accept whatever the will of the Almighty is, and while I'm coming to terms with this would like to do something for others.

Side note: my prison Chaplain mentioned the need for large print religious materials.

May ALLAH see fit to guide all seekers.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

Abdul-Hadi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Books in print
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 11:44:36 PM »
Greetings and peace, all  :group:

Oops, probably shoulda gone here. <https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=13737.0>

To be fair, it was a little difficult to find. Maybe time to make it something standalone?

May ALLAH see fit to guide all seekers.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 12:05:14 AM »
If it was me I'd just google large print Quran translations, find a few, select one which you feel is a better one, then contact the publishers directly. Ask to buy in bulk etc.

One hesitancy you might have is to buy and distribute a particular translation, since it may contain errors in it, perhaps you may want to have a sticker or stamp you can put on them to clearly state: this is a translation of the original Arabic thus may not be 100% accurate, or similar.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +7/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 03:06:51 AM »
Also most people own a mobile and have access to the internet.

We are blessed with this technology era and the information explosion of truths and falsehoods.

Free minds has a thread that collects a lot of useful websites, may be the publisher can add these  in the introduction for you.

Thank you for your service and effort.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/