Author Topic: In Search  (Read 261 times)

@KnwLSkr

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
In Search
« on: June 17, 2021, 05:04:38 AM »
Salaam everyone

I am a Muslim. Sunni because my father and mother are Sunni. Beyond Sunni I don’t know the sect I belong to. I have asked my father many a times same question and got the answer too but never remembered.
I am not too religious or too ritualistic. I don’t offer prayers five times. I don’t fast (of course for reasons).  I do offer a Salah every day and like to go to Friday prayers.

Fast forward – I am middle aged married to a Hindu wife and have two beautiful kids in their teens (a son and a daughter). By education I am an Electrical Engineer and have been working in IT for a little more than couple of decades now.

Why I am here:
I am a person of reason and logic so do not follow things just because someone has said it and it’s written? I question, enquire and research before forming my opinion. Somehow, I have never been a follower of Hadiths as I don’t know which one is right or otherwise. There are thousands I guess. Some say this on this is the best and others say that one.

As any other non-Arab speaking person, I have read Quran without understanding it.

Since past few years, whenever there is a question in my mind about any religious thing like for example Islamic Calendar, Women Empowerment or some misconception, dietary prohibitions, alcohol, and others I research internet and more often than not I have chanced upon articles on Free-minds.org that are meaningfully explained with interpretation from Quran and contextualization based on those times.

By the way, I am not good at writing long paragraphs, probably this is my first and last big one.

Always in quest,
Regards

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +7/-2
Re: In Search
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 12:37:03 PM »
Peace  @KnwLSkr.
Welcome.

You say,quote:
"I am a person of reason and logic so do not follow things just because someone has said it and it’s written? I question, enquire and research before forming my opinion. Somehow, I have never been a follower of Hadiths as I don’t know which one is right or otherwise. There are thousands I guess. Some say this on this is the best and others say that one."

Then before that you say,quote:
"I am a Muslim. Sunni because my father and mother are Sunni. Beyond Sunni I don’t know the sect I belong to. I have asked my father many a times same question and got the answer too but never remembered."

I am confused!
The two statements are not logical since you follow your father and mother and you do not know the sect you belong to nor remember your father answers?
Where is the reason and logic in this?
Just want you to clarify , if you wish.
Thank you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 07:42:03 PM »
Peace  @KnwLSkr.
Welcome.

You say,quote:
"I am a person of reason and logic so do not follow things just because someone has said it and it’s written? I question, enquire and research before forming my opinion. Somehow, I have never been a follower of Hadiths as I don’t know which one is right or otherwise. There are thousands I guess. Some say this on this is the best and others say that one."

Then before that you say,quote:
"I am a Muslim. Sunni because my father and mother are Sunni. Beyond Sunni I don’t know the sect I belong to. I have asked my father many a times same question and got the answer too but never remembered."

I am confused!
The two statements are not logical since you follow your father and mother and you do not know the sect you belong to nor remember your father answers?
Where is the reason and logic in this?
Just want you to clarify , if you wish.
Thank you.
Peace.

Peace Good logic....

There is logic in what he has written... Don't you see the logic brother good logic.. Whatever he has written is so natural.. He seems someone who doesn't like to write a lot.. He wrote what came to his mind.. But seems true..

No contradiction in what he wrote...
First of all he is not someone who is yet a believer who accepts quran alone... But he still prefers to be a Sunni Muslim  ... Whether it is right or wrong.. Doesn't matter.. As per him... Coz am of now he doesn't mind being Sunni Muslim.. He is just passing time with what he likes to do even it is hadith or not.. For example he prefers to go Friday prayers.. Even it has logic or not.. That's his preference.. But he is never with intent following any hadith... Whatever he follows is just he is accustomed to... But he is interested to know truth..  He is in his early days for opening the path of truth...
So brother he didn't speak anythjng without logic but spoke the truth of who he is... That's what I got from his writings...

It is very manifest that he is not someone who is having hadith in his heads and boasting... But without knowledge he seems still following hadith in his life... Coz every practice of Sunni Muslim in life is kind of hadith based.. So if he is still Sunni Muslim he must be doing one or two here and there as per sunnis... That's irresistible.. For example.. At least he is celebrating Eid and may be praying eid salah.. For this he is not using logic coz he has not reached upto that far.. If he is not celebrating.. Then neglect my point..
But good thing is he has started researching. Coz naturally he is not someone who accepts nonsense though he is brought up with hadith background thst hovering with his life...
He would have asked from his father long time back.. Why you take that seriously.. He has kids in teenage so he is a matured man. So you would think he asked this question yesterday.. Note he said he doesn't remember.. Most probably he would have asked when he was a kid.. 😬

For me there is no logic issues in his statements..

I wish God guide him like He guided believers..

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +7/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 12:39:02 AM »
Brother jkhan.

I was asking for clarification of the two statements . I do not know what is in the mind or how far in the journey one is.

I was not implying or assuming anything.
However the two statements are  not compatible ,

Perhaps like" I used to be a sunni" which is different from I am a sunni. Or I am investigating "Sunnism" to find out more...etc.
Hope you get what I meant.
Thank you.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 01:02:10 AM »
Brother jkhan.

I was asking for clarification of the two statements . I do not know what is in the mind or how far in the journey one is.

I was not implying or assuming anything.
However the two statements are  not compatible ,

Perhaps like" I used to be a sunni" which is different from I am a sunni. Or I am investigating "Sunnism" to find out more...etc.
Hope you get what I meant.
Thank you.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

Of course big brother.. I understand your concern and I understood his statement..
Just look at his purpose of coming into this forum and not intricate things like what you questioned him.. Lol.. That's his first post btw.. And you look at logic in it.. Lol..
Anyway let's see what he says.. May be your concern is right in his view point.. The angle I looked at his statements and they way you looked is different.. That's all..
May God guide us..

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +7/-2
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 04:05:56 AM »
Asking each other for clarification is an open  and honest way of checking.
 Clarifications prevent misunderstandings..
I was not reading anything wrong into the post, I just waneted more explanation.
Thanks brother.
GOD bless you.
Peace.