About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Uh-huh the timeline is not matching

Started by Sania Haque, December 31, 2020, 04:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shukri

Bro Layth,

Could you help me for a second!
I do not know arabic and have to translate this frase. Is it correct or not?
Maryam is not real Aaron's sister --> مريم ليست أخت هارون الحقيقية (Google translate)
Thanks in advance!
"My Lord, pardon me if I have forgotten or erred"

Layth

Salam Shukri.

Its correct linguistically, but I would use "literally" instead of "real."

مريم ليست أخت هارون فعليا
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

shukri

Quote from: Layth on January 03, 2021, 02:19:23 AM
Salam Shukri.

Its correct linguistically, but I would use "literally" instead of "real."

مريم ليست أخت هارون فعليا

Thank you.
Salam!

shukri

And now I give a complete code.

From Reply #6, my previous code was:
19:28 "O sister of Aaron, your father was not a wicked man, and your mother was never unchaste!"
485 ... gv for "nickname" كنية
--> (485) + (19+28) = 532 = 28 x 19
Position 8 (Issues)
Level 3 (Include Missing Information)
(Indication: The "nickname" is part and parcel of verse 19:28 ... Therefore the phrase "O sister of Aaron" in verse 19:28 is just a nickname used by Jews community at that time)

New code (I add gv for "Maryam is not literally Aaron's sister" in timeline)
19:28 "O sister of Aaron, your father was not a wicked man, and your mother was never unchaste!"
290 500 1001 262 191... gv for "Maryam is not literally Aaron's sister" مريم ليست أخت هارون فعليا
485 ... gv for "nickname" كنية
--> (485) (2905001001262191) (1928) = 2554160526842769574312 x 19
Position 2 (Command used in various situations)
Level 9 (Misconceptions clarified)
(Indication: The phrase "O sister of Aaron" in verse 19:28 does not mean that Maryam is literally Aaron's sister ... It's just a nickname used by Jews community)

7:52 And We have come to them with a Book which We have detailed with knowledge; a guidance and a mercy to those who believe.

Thank you.
So long!

jkhan

Quote from: tutti_frutti on December 31, 2020, 08:20:36 PM

i do not know the answers to your inquiry but i could The God willing share my thoughts which my be wrong

the aaron mention in mary sister of aaron could be another aaron ... why would we necessarily think it is the same aaron as moses' brother?  (maybe they are though i dont know)

maybe it is a test as people who disbelieve will think it is the same aaron and increase in their disbelief whilst believers who believe in The God will ponder and perhaps understand it could be another aaron ... or maybe The God will explain the answer to them ... and the believers also know that The God knows best and everything in the Quran is truth

regarding the Injeel, perhaps it constitutes part of the tanakh alongside the Torah ... why?

1) well we know Injeel was sent to to the children of israel

2) tanakh includes information about messengers that came after moses and narratives that happened after moses so perhaps whatever narrative is mentioned in tanakh that is before or during moses time is Torah and whatever is mentioned after (example narratives about solomon or david) would consitute the Injeel

3) however, for example the last supper is mentioned in the new testament and corrected in the Quran ... so maybe narratives after moses were not in Torah or Injeel but rather scribes who passed down what they witnessed (changing it as time passed by)  .. and Injeel we could perhaps think corrected the alterations and then it was kept hidden (and not included in tanakh) ie stories after moses were witnesses who passed down the narratives

to sum it up lol maybe :

tanakh =Torah (accounts before moses (that could include noah and abraham) and during moses time) + Injeel (accounts after moses and during jesus time)

or

tanakh = Torah + witnesses of narratives after moses that were altered

however :
... sometimes i think Injeel is the gospel as they are today but changed from the original Injeel or the original gospel was hidden and replaced by the current gospels by the church ... and also that the aaron may be the aaron brother of moses

i still am not sure what i truly believe as being the answer to your inquiry :)

and i confuse myself haha

and of course i might very well be wrong all along the line :)

peace

It won't make any difference to our salvation by knowing exactly when Harun and Musa and Mariam and Isa lived..
But if possible tracing their existence and the period they existed, it is worthy... But pretty tough...
But to the concern of Harun(brother of Musa)being Mariam's brother, we may explore within Quran..

let's figure out simple facts within Quran...
Musa's and Harun's mother is mentioned in Quran but not father... But Mariam's mother and father mentioned.. Musa had an elder sister most probably nearly 10+ years or so when musa was a baby.. Coz she was good enough to follow along the river and go and advise on her own to king pharoa family regarding breastfeeding.
So.. In my rough conviction she had had to be at least 10+ years old... Was that Mary?  If we are to take Harun as Mary's own brother either that girl was his sister or Mary was another sister...
Pharou was killing at the time of musa was a baby, all boys sparing girls... But Harun was not put in a box.. but only musa.. Either Harun was considerably elder to Musa and his elder sister or Harun is much younger to Musa hoping at the time of Harun's birth the agony of slaughtering boys is ceased or not practiced ... If Harun was elder brother, why Musa's mother didn't send him to trace Musa's box instead of sister?  ... Probably sending boys may not be a good option or Harun was not born.. But Harun being much elder to Musa makes sense for me.. Point to note here is Mary's mother pledged to God what was in her womb for God's service.. If Musa and Harun were her other children it is much unlikely since she has already two sons...

If the elder sister of Musa was Mary, that gives few concerns.. Coz Maryam from her tender age was under the custody of aged Zakaria.. For that he was chosen in the society by casting pen... But in Musa's story, Musa's elder sister was living with her mother in almost identical age... Why Zakaria needs to take the custody of Musa's Elder sister while her mother is still young having a newborn baby... Who is zakaria to take care of Musa's sister when mother is alive.. That's far from reality... Zakaria in his old age definitely would have taken custody of Mary coz both patents were not alive... Note 19:28.. When Mary returned people's said.. Your father WAS not.. Your mother WAS not... that indicates they were not alive...
Further when Mary was little girl probably under ten, Prophet Zakaria prayed for his own child... And that came true and he was Yahya.. So.. Yahya was much younger to Mary thus Yahya and Musa becomes same age group.. ... Further, probably even before Yahya and Musa became a prophet, Mariam would have conceived Isa.. Just probable speculation.. God knows... So Yahya and Musa and Isa would have been contemporary not by age but in prophethood...
When Isa said that there is Warner to come after him it seems at that time of the statement No prophet except Isa... .

Big question arise here... Musa grew up young and strong.. If Mary was Musa's elder sister Mary also would have reached mid 30s when Musa was a strong man.. And musa escaped and lived a family life away almost 10 years... So if Mary was his elder sister then she goes another 10 years older.. During this Period musa started receiving  messages from GOd.. Became a prophet.. And is anyone here to say Isa is born and growing as young man while Musa started receiving messages.. Musa and Isa cannot live at the same period.. Simply coz God taught Torah to Isa and apart from that gave Injeel to Isa.. Injeel was delivered to confirm Torah.. God doesn't need to send Injeel even before Torah is complete... Torah got completed even after many other israelte prophets...

Based on above,  harun, brother of Musa cannot be brother of Maryam and thus uncle of Isa...

Harun here is clearly Maryam's brother ...
Imran's family is higher than many.. So brother of Mary could have been much decent person,  so they called her as sister of Harun...

Musa, harun and their sister has no connection with Imran's  family.... That's so obvious..
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Jafar

Quote from: Sania Haque on December 31, 2020, 04:01:42 PM
Hi again,

I was reading Quran ( surah Mariam to be specific ) and I came across this verse :

" O  sister of Aaron! Your father was not an indecent man, nor was your mother unchaste." ( 19:28 )

How can Aaron be Mary's brother?! So now according to Quran, Moses was Jesus's uncle ?

Aaron was a reference to a clan / group within Israelite society at that time.
"Sister of Aaron" is an expression of reminder that the person (in this case Mary) is a 'sister' (a girl) within 'aaronites' family. Aaronites class is the 'priestly class' within the Israelites society at that time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohen

That's why it continues with reference to her father and mother as well.
You belong to a priestly class, your dad is a priest and your mom is the wife of a priest. How can you do such a thing?

Neptin

Quote from: Jafar on January 07, 2021, 03:52:09 AM
Aaron was a reference to a clan / group within Israelite society at that time.
"Sister of Aaron" is an expression of reminder that the person (in this case Mary) is a 'sister' (a girl) within 'aaronites' family. Aaronites class is the 'priestly class' within the Israelites society at that time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohen

That's why it continues with reference to her father and mother as well.
You belong to a priestly class, your dad is a priest and your mom is the wife of a priest. How can you do such a thing?

The problem with this interpretation becomes apparent when you read 3:35-45. I paraphrase;

(Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). 
And I have named her Mary, and I seek refuge for her in You and [for] her descendants from Satan, the expelled.
(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

Aclon

i don't think you should draw conclusion that aaron in different time was mary's brother. what i do think that god means is that since the jews have their own clan name, the god mention that mary is that of aaron clan(levi tribe) and the "sister" term meaning that they both are related.

TellMeTheTruth

Hi again,

I was reading Quran ( surah Mariam to be specific ) and I came across this verse :

" O  sister of Aaron! Your father was not an indecent man, nor was your mother unchaste." ( 19:28 )

How can Aaron be Mary's brother?! So now according to Quran, Moses was Jesus's uncle ?

Also, we have seen Injeel getting mentioned repeatedly in the Quran, what exactly is Injeel ? Is it gospel ? How can it be gospel when gospel wasn't even written by Jesus? If it's not gospel then what is it exactly ? There's something that is not adding up here.
Salam!
The word اخت (ukhta) does not mean sister. It should have been ukhte or ukhtu. It actually means counterpart/mate here.
Peace!

jkhan

Hi again,

Also, we have seen Injeel getting mentioned repeatedly in the Quran, what exactly is Injeel ? Is it gospel ? How can it be gospel when gospel wasn't even written by Jesus? If it's not gospel then what is it exactly ? There's something that is not adding up here.

Peace everyone....

I am still concerned about Harun (brother of Musa)  and Maryam being siblings..
In fact I deduced that Harun may not possibly be her brother... But not thoroughly convinced..

But while I was reading this verse in chapter 19:06 Sahih International: "Who will inherit me and inherit from the family of Jacob. And make him, my Lord, pleasing [to You]." I feel Yakub the grandson of Ibrahim is father of Zakaria...  If that is correct then Harun being the sister of Maryam is also possible..

In that case time period between Musa and Isa is not that much like history states..

What is your view...

Addition...  If not son at least Zakaria could be grandson of Yakub.. Not more than that...
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]