News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Question about Quran 4:93

Started by the-bosnian-thinker, May 02, 2021, 04:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the-bosnian-thinker

Salam Alaikum, I am new here greetings to all i just wanted to ask about this verse 4:93

it's says  if  a believer kills intentionally ''believer'' i am thinking here why only ''believer''  does that mean if an individual kill intentionally disbeliever he/she is not going to be punished the same according this verse
Please share your opinion and knowledge Thanks

4:93 And whoever kills a believer intentionally, then his recompense shall be Hell, abiding therein, and God will be angry with him, and curse him, and for him is prepared a great retribution.

good logic

Peace the bosnian thinker.
Please look at the context of the verses. Qoran is talking about the situation that developed between the believers and the mushrikeen/munafikeen and the fighting between them.

First
Basic Law Regulating Relations With all humans-believers and disbelievers-

God does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. God loves the equitable.
لا يَنهىٰكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذينَ لَم يُقٰتِلوكُم فِى الدّينِ وَلَم يُخرِجوكُم مِن دِيٰرِكُم أَن تَبَرّوهُم وَتُقسِطوا إِلَيهِم إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ المُقسِطينَ

God enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors.
إِنَّما يَنهىٰكُمُ اللَّهُ عَنِ الَّذينَ قٰتَلوكُم فِى الدّينِ وَأَخرَجوكُم مِن دِيٰرِكُم وَظٰهَروا عَلىٰ إِخراجِكُم أَن تَوَلَّوهُم وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُم فَأُولٰئِكَ هُمُ الظّٰلِمونَ

Let us take it from here
4:88-0nwards

Why should you divide yourselves into two groups regarding the hypocrites (among you)? God is the one who condemned them because of their own behavior. Do you want to guide those who are sent astray by God? Whomever God sends astray, you can never find a way to guide them.
فَما لَكُم فِى المُنٰفِقينَ فِئَتَينِ وَاللَّهُ أَركَسَهُم بِما كَسَبوا أَتُريدونَ أَن تَهدوا مَن أَضَلَّ اللَّهُ وَمَن يُضلِلِ اللَّهُ فَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُ سَبيلًا

They wish that you disbelieve as they have disbelieved, then you become equal. Do not consider them friends, unless they mobilize along with you in the cause of God. If they turn against you, you shall fight them, and you may kill them when you encounter them in war. You shall not accept them as friends, or allies.*
وَدّوا لَو تَكفُرونَ كَما كَفَروا فَتَكونونَ سَواءً فَلا تَتَّخِذوا مِنهُم أَولِياءَ حَتّىٰ يُهاجِروا فى سَبيلِ اللَّهِ فَإِن تَوَلَّوا فَخُذوهُم وَاقتُلوهُم حَيثُ وَجَدتُموهُم وَلا تَتَّخِذوا مِنهُم وَلِيًّا وَلا نَصيرًا

Exempted are those who join people with whom you have signed a peace treaty, and those who come to you wishing not to fight you, nor fight their relatives. Had God willed, He could have permitted them to fight against you. Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then God gives you no excuse to fight them.
إِلَّا الَّذينَ يَصِلونَ إِلىٰ قَومٍ بَينَكُم وَبَينَهُم ميثٰقٌ أَو جاءوكُم حَصِرَت صُدورُهُم أَن يُقٰتِلوكُم أَو يُقٰتِلوا قَومَهُم وَلَو شاءَ اللَّهُ لَسَلَّطَهُم عَلَيكُم فَلَقٰتَلوكُم فَإِنِ اعتَزَلوكُم فَلَم يُقٰتِلوكُم وَأَلقَوا إِلَيكُمُ السَّلَمَ فَما جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لَكُم عَلَيهِم سَبيلًا

You will find others who wish to make peace with you, and also with their people. However, as soon as war erupts, they fight against you. Unless these people leave you alone, offer you peace, and stop fighting you, you may fight them when you encounter them. Against these, we give you a clear authorization.
سَتَجِدونَ ءاخَرينَ يُريدونَ أَن يَأمَنوكُم وَيَأمَنوا قَومَهُم كُلَّ ما رُدّوا إِلَى الفِتنَةِ أُركِسوا فيها فَإِن لَم يَعتَزِلوكُم وَيُلقوا إِلَيكُمُ السَّلَمَ وَيَكُفّوا أَيدِيَهُم فَخُذوهُم وَاقتُلوهُم حَيثُ ثَقِفتُموهُم وَأُولٰئِكُم جَعَلنا لَكُم عَلَيهِم سُلطٰنًا مُبينًا

No believer shall kill another believer, unless it is an accident. If one kills a believer by accident, he shall atone by freeing a believing slave, and paying a compensation to the victim's family, unless they forfeit such a compensation as a charity. If the victim belonged to people who are at war with you, though he was a believer, you shall atone by freeing a believing slave. If he belonged to people with whom you have signed a peace treaty, you shall pay the compensation in addition to freeing a believing slave. If you cannot find* a slave to free, you shall atone by fasting two consecutive months, in order to be redeemed by God. God is Knower, Most Wise.
وَما كانَ لِمُؤمِنٍ أَن يَقتُلَ مُؤمِنًا إِلّا خَطَـًٔا وَمَن قَتَلَ مُؤمِنًا خَطَـًٔا فَتَحريرُ رَقَبَةٍ مُؤمِنَةٍ وَدِيَةٌ مُسَلَّمَةٌ إِلىٰ أَهلِهِ إِلّا أَن يَصَّدَّقوا فَإِن كانَ مِن قَومٍ عَدُوٍّ لَكُم وَهُوَ مُؤمِنٌ فَتَحريرُ رَقَبَةٍ مُؤمِنَةٍ وَإِن كانَ مِن قَومٍ بَينَكُم وَبَينَهُم ميثٰقٌ فَدِيَةٌ مُسَلَّمَةٌ إِلىٰ أَهلِهِ وَتَحريرُ رَقَبَةٍ مُؤمِنَةٍ فَمَن لَم يَجِد فَصِيامُ شَهرَينِ مُتَتابِعَينِ تَوبَةً مِنَ اللَّهِ وَكانَ اللَّهُ عَليمًا حَكيمًا
Anyone who kills a believer on purpose, his retribution is Hell, wherein he abides forever, God is angry with him, and condemns him, and has prepared for him a terrible retribution.
وَمَن يَقتُل مُؤمِنًا مُتَعَمِّدًا فَجَزاؤُهُ جَهَنَّمُ خٰلِدًا فيها وَغَضِبَ اللَّهُ عَلَيهِ وَلَعَنَهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُ عَذابًا عَظيمًا

GOD is talking to the believers  throughout and carries on:

O you who believe, if you strike in the cause of God, you shall be absolutely sure. Do not say to one who offers you peace, "You are not a believer," seeking the spoils of this world. For God possesses infinite spoils. Remember that you used to be like them, and God blessed you. Therefore, you shall be absolutely sure (before you strike). God is fully Cognizant of everything you do.
يٰأَيُّهَا الَّذينَ ءامَنوا إِذا ضَرَبتُم فى سَبيلِ اللَّهِ فَتَبَيَّنوا وَلا تَقولوا لِمَن أَلقىٰ إِلَيكُمُ السَّلٰمَ لَستَ مُؤمِنًا تَبتَغونَ عَرَضَ الحَيوٰةِ الدُّنيا فَعِندَ اللَّهِ مَغانِمُ كَثيرَةٌ كَذٰلِكَ كُنتُم مِن قَبلُ فَمَنَّ اللَّهُ عَلَيكُم فَتَبَيَّنوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ كانَ بِما تَعمَلونَ خَبيرًا

As for all humans ,there should be no killing another human without just cause, GOD says whoever kills a human-believer or disbeliever- is like they killed the whole world else where in Qoran.

No killing of another human without just cause full stop.
My understanding.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

reel

See:

4:94 O believers! When you struggle in the cause of Allah, be sure of who you fight. And do not say to those who offer you ˹greetings of˺ peace, "You are no believer!"—seeking a fleeting worldly gain. Instead, Allah has infinite bounties ˹in store˺. You were initially like them then Allah blessed you ˹with Islam˺. So be sure! Indeed, Allah is All-Aware of what you do.

It is more like peaceful people shouldn't be killed.

We have to be a bit careful about the word kafir. It doesn't mean disbeliever. When verses about kafir are gathered together and analyzed we find in them traits of dark triad personalities and more precisely psychopathic narcs. With time, their disorder intensifies to make them an extreme danger to almost everyone. If you are killing one to save someone from their attack and oppression then I don't see how God will have any problem with that. He considers oppression worse than murder. A case like this exists in Canada. A girl killed her narc parents because of how crazily they were controlling her life. Court didn't send her to jail. Instead she was given mental help.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

the-bosnian-thinker

Salamalaikum, Thank you all for responding with the ayats and opinions

I have checked the link that wakas has posted, also  the verses that good logic and reel posted

i did not see anywhere else where the  same term has been used as in 4:93 '' hellfire for killing intentionally believer''

yes it's says  opression is worst than murder but it does not say if you kill a disbeliever you will end up in hellfire  like it does in 4:93

my point was why is it only if  ''believer is intentionally murdered'' than hellfire is granted, i don't see the same punishment for murdering disbelievers

Or am i missing here something 

reel

Quote from: the-bosnian-thinker on May 02, 2021, 05:47:22 PM

yes it's says  opression is worst than murder but it does not say if you kill a disbeliever you will end up in hellfire  like it does in 4:93

my point was why is it only if  ''believer is intentionally murdered'' than hellfire is granted, i don't see the same punishment for murdering disbelievers

Or am i missing here something

Salam.

Yep.If no punishment is found in the Quran then of course there is none.

Then also if someone is Quranically muslim then the day should never come.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

good logic

Peace the bosnian thinker.

The context of  4:93 is  believers fighting the munafekeen/Mushrikeen.
The only reason /way  of a believer  to kill another believer deliberately is If a believer takes advantage of the war situation to  kill another who they know is believer  for their own personal motive /to gain something /jealousy/personal ......They may claim that he is a munafiq or accuse them of  something ...etc

In that case this believer has disobeyed and discarded GOD s instructions/command knowingly. Hence there will be no forgiveness.
There is no other possibility,they are at war with the other side  and are allowed to defend themselves.i.e killing "disbeliever" deliberately without a cause does not arise in that situation since the other ones are fighting them. Innocent "disbelievers will not be there fighting !

The believer who has committed such crime will know that the outcome is gehenna  ,hence it is clarified in the verse. He has disbelieved after his belief and committed the crime knowingly and intentionally.
Hope this clarifies the context for you,
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]