Author Topic: Is Sunni Islam wrong about this  (Read 375 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Is Sunni Islam wrong about this
« on: February 28, 2021, 09:39:13 PM »
Peace

That the better and more pious a believer is, the greater their suffering and hardships will be?
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
Re: Is Sunni Islam wrong about this
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 10:11:48 PM »
True for the sunnism believers. Imagine having a great brain and heart that you are not allowed to use. The deeper you go the worse it gets. For those who believe in God, things are to be different.

He sent guidance so we will not have to grieve:

2:38 We said, "Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 09:05:43 AM »
Sister Sarah do you believe that as well?
Or do you mean they may be right or wrong?
What do you think?

There are two types of suffering:
1- In our control. like we bring suffering on ourselves-By our behaviour ,way of life, social interactions/friends, promises,dishonesty  lying..etc.
2- not in our control  Illness /virus/cancer, accidents, war...etc.

Both require help to solve , GOD promises those who sincerely repent and follow the straight path will suffer less or none not more.

So I do not agree with Sunni Islam.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 09:20:08 AM »
Peace

That the better and more pious a believer is, the greater their suffering and hardships will be?

I don't know about a believer in the sunni sense. But a believer in the Qur'anic sense of truth, justice and hard work is going to have a hard time in today's world. Period.

Notice how people who lie and cheat often have it easier in the society. People who try to play by the rule, who are selfless and try to see the good in others are easily exploited and or take for granted.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

amin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 09:22:37 AM »
I think God=Goodness provider and everything we feel good or feel blessed is to considered to be from God, so our ego do not make us fall, but the things we feel bad=its for us to contemplate change ourselves and to move towards God and his help, Sure  the sufferings and hardships make us more mature and indeed a blessing that it teaches a lot.

tlihawa

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »
Peace

Salaam Sarah,
I would say the better and more pious a believer is, the greater their test level will be.

As believer, a test from the God is a must.

29:2   Did the people think that they will be left to say: "We believe" without being put to the test?

2:155   And We will test you with some fear and hunger, and a shortage in money and lives and fruits. And give good news to those who are patient.

There will be test with some fear and hunger, shortage in money, lives and fruit.

But this is something that is required to enter the Garden,

2:214   Or did you expect that you would enter Paradise, while the example of those who were before you came to you; they were stricken with adversity and hardship, and they were shaken until the messenger and those who believed with him said: "When is the victory of God?" Yes indeed, the victory of God is near.

The level of the trials of those before us was very severe, as told in the stories of the prophets. Even though Allah does not burden a person more than he can afford, there is a good prayer in the following verse,

2:286   God does not burden a soul except with what it can bear. For it is what it earns, and against it is what it earns. "Our Lord, do not mind us if we forget or make mistakes; our Lord, do not place a burden upon us as You have placed upon those before us; our Lord, do not place upon us what we cannot bear; pardon us, and forgive us, and have mercy on us; You are our patron, so grant us victory over the rejecting people."

Like in school, exams won't last forever.

All we have to do is keep following God's instructions, even though it's hard but we have to be consistent to do it and also be patient.

2:153   O you who believe, seek help through patience and through SALAT, God is with the patient ones.

For me, Salat is a commitment to carry out God's commands as taught in the books. Keep doing it and be patience. And then we will be helped and the test ends.

I'm thinking on how to explain this easily. So I draw this picture,

Imagine that you are on a ship that capsizes. You will naturally move upward looking for fresh air. It is our life now. [1]

Then comes the Lord's command, which asks us to go down into the water, to dive to a certain depth. That is a test.
You have to hold your breath and keep diving without knowing whether you can survive or not, and we must abandon the comfort of the air that was in our previous point. [2-4]  (2:155)

If we obey God's commands in full submission and keep doing it and be patient (2:153), then

we will arrive at an island and live happily with fresh air. [5]

16:97   Whoever does good works, whether male or female, and is a believer, We will give him a good life and We will reward them their dues with the best of what they used to do.

Peace