Author Topic: [Quran] [God] Have any of you had a near-death experience?  (Read 458 times)

19_submission

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
[Quran] [God] Have any of you had a near-death experience?
« on: February 25, 2021, 09:40:42 AM »
Brothers, sisters, submitters, believers and readers - peace be upon you all!

Have any of you undergone an NDE (near-death experience)?

An NDE (near-death experience) is encountered by many people who were temporarily physically and mentally dead. Whilst in that state, it has been reported that some have seen God, others have sensed the feeling of perfect peace. There have also been reports on meeting God's angels or even witnessing paradise. Most importantly, according to the affected, it felt more realistic than their entire life on earth. The illusion of worldly life is stated in this verse:

[6:32] The life of this world is no more than illusion and vanity, while the abode of the Hereafter is far better for the righteous. Do you not understand?!

We know that the soul of believers, submitters or those who depart their life under the age of 40 are taken directly to heaven by God's angels. Furthermore, they do not endure the pain of second death.

After examining several different reports and watching several documentaries, I became interested in researching the connection between NDE and the Quran. I would love to hear you share your experiences if you have ever had such an occurrence.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Our Lord, in You we trust. To You we turn, and to You is the ultimate destination. Our Lord, do not make of us a means for testing those who disbelieved, and forgive us. Our Lord, You are the Dignified, the Wise. 60:4-5
Peace,
19_submission

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
Re: [Quran] [God] Have any of you had a near-death experience?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:57:10 AM »
You experienced death every day, every time you sleep.
Understand this first, as it's the key to unravel the puzzle.
Thus you will understand why it's said that this world / reality is an illusion.

This world is an illusion, your identity is an illusion.
If you think that your body is you, your name is you.
And everything that you labeled with a prefix "my" is you. (my name, my body, my car, my home, my religion, my book etc..)

Then ponder this, where were you one year before you were born?
That's your existence after your body has stopped functioning, or you temporarily logged off from your body every time you sleep.

Thus everyone actually experienced DE (without the N) everyday.
But not everyone seems to be able to recall the experience clearly.

If you want to recall / remember your death experience, there's a practical advice, start by writing a dream journal, write everything that you experienced during your death right after you logged in back to your body.

19_submission

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 02:29:17 PM »
You experienced death every day, every time you sleep.
Understand this first, as it's the key to unravel the puzzle.
Thus you will understand why it's said that this world / reality is an illusion.

This world is an illusion, your identity is an illusion.
If you think that your body is you, your name is you.
And everything that you labeled with a prefix "my" is you. (my name, my body, my car, my home, my religion, my book etc..)

Then ponder this, where were you one year before you were born?
That's your existence after your body has stopped functioning, or you temporarily logged off from your body every time you sleep.

Thus everyone actually experienced DE (without the N) everyday.
But not everyone seems to be able to recall the experience clearly.

If you want to recall / remember your death experience, there's a practical advice, start by writing a dream journal, write everything that you experienced during your death right after you logged in back to your body.

Peace be upon you!

With all due respect, your answer has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I am well aware that we experience death everyday when we sleep. However, you got into an almost completely different subject that is irrelevant to my question. My quote of (6:32) was only to draw a connection between the Quran and the sayings of those who have reported an NDE experience.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your comment :)
Peace,
19_submission

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 11:30:47 PM »
With all due respect, your answer has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I am well aware that we experience death everyday when we sleep. However, you got into an almost completely different subject that is irrelevant to my question. My quote of (6:32) was only to draw a connection between the Quran and the sayings of those who have reported an NDE experience.

Well actually:
"Life experience is an illusion" - "Soul / Nafs during sleep / death" - "good or bad deed goes back to the soul (nafs)" - "You are not told about spirit/ruh but only a little".
Are tightly correlated.

Ponder / questioned around those area, and the answer shall come to you from your rabb/creator.
In whatever state that you are in, wakeful or asleep, alive or death.

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 07:04:57 AM »
An NDE (near-death experience) is encountered by many people who were temporarily physically and mentally dead. Whilst in that state, it has been reported that some have seen God, others have sensed the feeling of perfect peace. There have also been reports on meeting God's angels or even witnessing paradise. Most importantly, according to the affected, it felt more realistic than their entire life on earth.

I used to research NDE also. Now no more. You can experience the same via astral projection.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 12:36:32 AM »
I used to research NDE also. Now no more. You can experience the same via astral projection.

Peace

Have you ever astral projected?

'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 01:42:57 AM »
Peace

Have you ever astral projected?

I did accidently. Now definitely wish to do a real one. Only problem is that the air from possibly the jet engine leaves me very cold.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

19_submission

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 08:04:13 AM »

Peace be upon you!

I find NDE fascinating and I have wanted to research the connection between NDE and the Holy Quran for some time now. It is a quite complicated subject, but the point with this topic is to let anybody share his/her NDE experience. However, the real knowledge rests with the Almighty.

Praise be to God, Lord of the universe!
Peace,
19_submission

19_submission

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 08:07:38 AM »
Well actually:
"Life experience is an illusion" - "Soul / Nafs during sleep / death" - "good or bad deed goes back to the soul (nafs)" - "You are not told about spirit/ruh but only a little".
Are tightly correlated.

Ponder / questioned around those area, and the answer shall come to you from your rabb/creator.
In whatever state that you are in, wakeful or asleep, alive or death.

Peace be upon you!

Indeed the knowledge rests with God only!  :)

Praise God!
Peace,
19_submission