News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Sam Gerrans

Started by theNabster, February 22, 2021, 11:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For fun, but serious question - what is the translation of munafiq in Qur'an.

Hypocrite
3 (100%)
Waverer
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: March 24, 2021, 04:03:21 PM

theNabster

tutti_frutti
Salam
I beg to differ, strongly & absolutely disagree with all you said.
No need to argue.
You can start a thread on Gog & Magog & whatever theory you are exploring.
Salam.
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

reel

Quote from: theNabster on February 26, 2021, 10:45:25 AM
Mayhaps he is jealous of Allah only believers? or maybe he is a subversive paid by Gog & Magog powers that be to further divide Believers, I also notice he never touches the subject of Gog & Magog which is currently what we are immersed into in this inverted morality era.

Jealousy is unlikely since it is clear he is clueless on what we truly believe. But they do look to collect as many pawns as possible for politcal purpose. His website does give a bit about his agenda. Its the same thing that collapsed the golden age of Islam and now is in action across Europe and the US via Russia backed far right groups. I "honestly" feel bad for Putin here. We are a terrible waste of time for an agenda like that.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

theNabster

Sister reel, Salam
I used to support VV Putin, even naively thinking & wanting to believe he is the new Cyrus the Great, coming as Peacemaker to restore the World, sadly his behaviour in Donbas betraying his own Russian brothers, & his supporting of extremists groups, his dealing with Mohamed bin Salman ibn Saud, his lack of interest in helping the Palestinians, his letting Gaddafi being massacred by NATO, etc.
VV Putin is an instrument of Satan like Donald Trump & Joe Biden are, they all are indeed Gog & Magog, even though they fight among themselves, they are guided by Satan.
Maybe they even pretend to fight one another in fact.
Salam
Nabil

PS I have no real interest in Sam Gerrans, he is like Hollywood entertainment to me, watch a movie as opium, not a serious source of guidance, but it is interesting to hear his views,
I just wish we had an eloquent podcaster making the point & giving rationales about the validity of rejecting Hadiths & explaining Qur'an to non Arabic interested people.
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

theNabster

My latest comment on @SamGerrans @Youtube channel where he criticises cults - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwWYt3PL8vo&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=Jm4zz9qRy17EloCT%3A6

You are a cult of sorts, you have solid followers who will defend you tooth & nail, you also have your own sets of hadiths, you are a modern Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi or Abu Dawud, interpreting the Qur'an with your supposedly accurate hermeneutics heuristics method, translating munafiq as waverer, salat as duty & zakat as purity,
in other words you are a fraud Sam.
I ain't following any cults, I tried since I was 13 & given an Arabic copy of the Qur'an by my father to understand Qur'an from my Arabic native speaking tongue, Arabic nomad one as close as can be to Arabic of Qur'an,
I can spot mistakes in translations to English & French (I am also French native speaker), you are stubborn, disregard criticism, your podcasts are entertainment to me like Hollywood movies, nothing more,
you are a fitnah leading astray your followers, have you no shame, no fear of Allah?

reel

I used to like Putin also. But now no more. I am glad he supported Donny, the cursed guy. A little bit more and Putin is all out in hell! This is not superstition. Whatever Donny touches dies. Biden is not evil. He probably wouldn't have won. But  alot would have gone wrong in the world under donny's watch. Apparently, he was only a few steps away from starting wars by mistake. They also had to redesign the use of nuclear football and eventually it was moved from Trump to Pence. America is now going towards a diff direction. Donny showed everyone where things were going wrong.

Quote from: theNabster on February 28, 2021, 11:53:26 AM
My latest comment on @SamGerrans @Youtube channel where he criticises cults - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwWYt3PL8vo&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=Jm4zz9qRy17EloCT%3A6

You are a cult of sorts, you have solid followers who will defend you tooth & nail, you also have your own sets of hadiths, you are a modern Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi or Abu Dawud, interpreting the Qur'an with your supposedly accurate hermeneutics heuristics method, translating munafiq as waverer, salat as duty & zakat as purity,
in other words you are a fraud Sam.
I ain't following any cults, I tried since I was 13 & given an Arabic copy of the Qur'an by my father to understand Qur'an from my Arabic native speaking tongue, Arabic nomad one as close as can be to Arabic of Qur'an,
I can spot mistakes in translations to English & French (I am also French native speaker), you are stubborn, disregard criticism, your podcasts are entertainment to me like Hollywood movies, nothing more,
you are a fitnah leading astray your followers, have you no shame, no fear of Allah?

Additionally, it is best for Sam to charter new waters. There is nothing to gain from this community since it is very much free of herd mentality.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

theNabster

Peace Sister reel,
Sam Gerrans is an odd case, I still benefitted from listening to his podcasts as even when one disagrees with a podcaster, one can look deeper into issues & he did induce me to evaluate some matters,

Allah says those who listen & take what is best from what they hear, his perspective is from his own culture which is Christian & White English,
I also even accused him as a reaction to one of his podcasts of being a white supremacist LOL!...

I also benefitted from listening to lectures by Imran Hosein about Gog & Magog despite him using & believing in the validity of Hadiths as valid sources of guidance.

There was also a book from an unknown author which informed me further about Gog & Magog - from my @Twitter feeds: https://twitter.com/meNabster/status/883478963854729216
https://twitter.com/inabster/status/884139670547951617
https://twitter.com/inabster/status/884137318747176961
https://twitter.com/inabster/status/878908687041138688