News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Intelligent sunni Muslims

Started by Sarah, January 19, 2021, 08:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

@Amra, obviously child marriage is disgusting and wrong. That's part of hadith anyway remember so I wonder why he doesn't use his common sense. Perhaps it's the fear he'll go to hell if he doesn't believe in it. I bet he wouldn't have tried to justify it using the Qur'an if he didn't believe in hadith since he obv interprets it through the 'hadith filter'.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Aclon

well to be sure, he was just not that intelligence to me. What i think of him is just his pride is too much to not see the flaws in it. that's the problem with sunni muslim so they were not intelligence at all.

kninjahman

Peace!

I believe the answer to your question has to do with "sophistry" or that Brand Islam (and indeed all religions) are Sophistic - meaning that they APPEAR to be correct even though they are incorrect.

For a believer who practices a set system and then gains various benefits from practising such a system, they believe the system they are following is the correct one because it is confirmed to them by the results that they themselves and others around them are getting from practising that system.

The problem is that the whole system they are practising actually is NOT correct - but the parts that are correct serve to blind them from the parts that are incorrect.

I believe this is why the Qur'an warns us about people dividing into sects AFTER the revelations have come to them. I also believe this is why the God says in the Qur'an that it doesn't matter if you are Jew or Sabien, what matters is that you honour your parents, are kind to orphans, you give charity to the traveller etc.

It's all morals and dogma's - the morals are what is important - the dogmas are often designed to try and build morals but they can often cause divides instead when people don't have an understanding of what's going on.

Let's face it: Jews, Christians and Muslims essentially all preach the same message of peace, mercy, forgiveness, kindness etc. and yet at the same time the news is plagued with these groups attacking each other.

Furthermore particularly within Islam there is a lot of culture that has been mixed in with the religion - and Muslims are not ashamed to admit that certain practices are more of a cultural thing that an Islamic thing.

Man kind seems to make the same mistakes - and that's fine: God alone will judge between them on what they disputed, what is important is for us as individuals to submit to God alone.

From what I can make out from my own research: the entire Islamic history has been distorted if not completely fabricated. But what does it matter? We have the Qur'an. God knows who's who and what's what.

Muslims are guilty of the exact same mistakes of both the Jews and the Christians even though Muslims are very well aware of the mistakes of the other two religions. Muslims KNOW (or should do, it's in their scripture) that the Jews made the mistake of changing God's revelation and then completely abandoning it in favour of following "traditions of Moses" aka Talmud.

Muslims KNOW that the Christians have made a grave mistake in elevating Jesus to Godhood status and worshipping Jesus when he clearly never taught such a teaching.

And yet Muslims are guilty of doing both - they have abandoned the Qur'an in favour of Haddith and they have elevated Muhammad to be besides God.

Thus religions get people because they are SOPHISTIC. This is wisdom, Sophia, being able to discern the truth from the sophistry because the sophistry appears very much like the truth that it fools so many people.

When a non-religious person joins a religion they are swept off their feet by all the kindness from their new brothers and sisters. They begin to pray and receive the benefits that come with that - they begin to give to charity and they receive the benefits which come with that - all of these things serve to reinforce that the religion they have chosen is the correct one.

It is only through sincere study of text and BELIEVING THE TEXT rather that the pastor or mullah that one concludes the truth of the matter which is: the correct way is submission to God, to not divide into sects with each being happy with what it has, disputing with the others.

God alone knows who the believers are and you will find them in many diverse religions up until they realise that no man made religion is correct - what is correct is what God teaches us in the scripture.

Hence religions can be both good things and bad things - whereas the revelations and teachings of God Almighty are never bad, only good.

I honestly believe this is the biggest deception the devil has ever pulled: the trick of sophistry.

Peace,
kninjahman