About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Evolution

Started by Sarah, January 04, 2021, 04:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

So the Qur'an mentions Adam was created from:
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape..." (15:26). And, "He began the creation of man from clay, and made his progeny from a quintessence of fluid" (32:7-8)

What if God created the first living being/ organism (microbes/ bacteria) from clay found in soil from the earth and then over time turns microbes/ bacteria into plants, fish etc., over time turns these into various creatures, then turns some of them into apes and the ape into a human. So in this way, if we say man was created from clay, it wouldn't be wrong since man would have originally been created from clay. Perhaps God created/ shaped the first microbe/ bacteria from soil. The first living organism had to come from somewhere.

There is also a verse that possibly links into this:
'Shall I tell thee of a worse (case) than theirs for retribution with Allah? (Worse is the case of him) whom Allah hath cursed, him on whom His wrath hath fallen and of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine, and who serveth idols. Such are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road.'

Or perhaps the ape-like humans that were claimed to be discovered were originally humans God punished? God has power over all things after all. Perhaps humans were humans from the beginning of time and the skulls of the ape-like humans are not representative of all humans for that specific era.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Wakas

https://www.misconceptions-about-islam.com/misconception.php?id=46

The Quran describes a sequence of events that could be incorporated within an evolutionary process, but with God as the initiator and sustainer, with mankind being given unique qualities at a point in time when ready. Some examples are shown below:
21:30 ...We made out of water every living thing...

11:61 ...He produced you from the earth/land...

76:1 Was there not a time when mankind was nothing to even be mentioned?
76:2 We have created mankind from a mixed exudate...

71:17 God made you grow from the earth as a growth/plant

23:12 And We have created man from an extract from clay.
23:13 Then We made him a drop in an established lodging.

71:14 "And indeed He created you in stages...

6:38 There is not a creature in the earth, or a bird that flies with its wings, but are communities like you...

6:133 ...He raised you from the seed of another people.

22:5 ...We have created you from dust, then from an exudate/drop, then from a clinging substance, then from a fetus developed and undeveloped...

32:7 The One who perfected everything He created and He began the creation of man from clay.
32:8 Then He made his progeny from an extract of a humble liquid.
32:9 Then He evolved him, and blew into him from His spirit...

29:20 Say, "Roam the earth and observe how the creation was originated...

To conclude, it seems The Quran does not confirm nor rule out the evolutionary process.
It may be interesting to note that the basic theory of evolution can be found in early Muslim works and was not considered controversial. Perhaps the most well known example of this was in the work 'Al Muqaddimah' ('the introduction') by Ibn Khaldun (1377), written more than 400 years before Charles Darwin. Quote:

"One should then take a look at the world of creation. It started out from the minerals and progressed, in an ingenious, gradual manner, to plants and animals. The last stage of minerals is connected with the first stage of plants, such as herbs and seedless plants. The last stage of plants, such as palms and vines, is connected with the first stage of animals, such as snails and shellfish which have only the power of touch. The word 'connection' with regard to these created things means that the last stage of each group is fully prepared to become the first stage of the newest group.
The animal world then widens, its species become numerous, and, in a gradual process of creation, it finally leads to man, who is able to think and reflect. The higher stage of man is reached from the world of monkeys, in which both sagacity and perception are found, but which has not reached the stage of actual reflection and thinking. At this point we come to the first stage of man"
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

reel

Quote from: Wakas on January 04, 2021, 10:44:27 AM

To conclude, it seems The Quran does not confirm nor rule out the evolutionary process.
It may be interesting to note that the basic theory of evolution can be found in early Muslim works

All those verses do seem to confirm we evolved. I do believe that's the key to even interpreting Quran.

However, the evolution process explained by modern day biologists has some flaws and maybe even intentional coverups. It doesn't make sense that they avoid the fact that many people use their subconsious mind to evolve themselves any way they like.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Amra94

Theres no Quranic proof we evolved from apes. Humans were turned into apes as a punishment not the other way around

5:60 Say, "Shall I inform you of [what is] worse than that as penalty from Allah? [It is that of] those whom Allah has cursed and with whom He became angry and made of them apes and pigs and slaves of ‹aghut. Those are worse in position and further astray from the sound way."

7:166 But when they stubbornly persisted in violation, We said to them, "Be disgraced apes!"1

hawk99

Quote from: Sarah on January 04, 2021, 04:36:40 AM
Peace

So the Qur'an mentions Adam was created from:
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape..." (15:26).

15:26 And We did certainly create man out of clay from an altered black mud.
وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ صَلْصَالٍ مِنْ حَمَإٍ مَسْنُونٍ

What if God created the first living being/ organism (microbes/ bacteria) from clay found in soil from the earth and then over time turns microbes/ bacteria into plants, fish etc., over time turns these into various creatures, then turns some of them into apes and the ape into a human. So in this way, if we say man was created from clay, it wouldn't be wrong since man would have originally been created from clay. Perhaps God created/ shaped the first microbe/ bacteria from soil. The first living organism had to come from somewhere.

Pure speculation on your part, btw man did not evolve from apes, that is a lie
perpetrated by Darwin and his ilk.

There is also a verse that possibly links into this:
'Shall I tell thee of a worse (case) than theirs for retribution with Allah? (Worse is the case of him) whom Allah hath cursed, him on whom His wrath hath fallen and of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine, and who serveth idols. Such are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road.'

Please identify these "swine" and "apes" are they literal?

Or perhaps the ape-like humans that were claimed to be discovered were originally humans God punished?

:nope:  The so-called missing link has never been found.

God has power over all things after all. Perhaps humans were humans from the
beginning of time and the skulls of the ape-like humans are not representative
of all humans for that specific era.

Those must have been some interesting gatherings among the people:
Sam said to Bill "I noticed you sister's tail is very short!  Bill replied "yeah,
and I see your cousins legs are so long.  Sam retorted at least I don't have
any swine in my family.

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

tutti_frutti

salam

i think we definately did not evolve from
apes (it is quite absurd to think we did)

my understanding is the following:

apes and swine are very similar to humans because they were made from humans

"say: "shall I inform you of worse than this as a punishment from The God? those whom The God cursed and became angry at them, and He made from them apes and pigs and servants of evil. those have a worse place and are more astray from the right path." (5:60)

the above verse does not contain any adjective regarding what type of apes and aso mentions that apes were created from humans

however, the following verse uses the adject "despicable"

"you have come to know who it was among you that transgressed the sabbath, We said to them: "Be despicable apes!"" (2:65)

The God also mentions He told them "Be" ao rather than being made from humans, the despicable apes are humana transformed into the despicable apes ... which scientists claim are the human ape ancestors

also note the following verse that comes right after the verse quoted above

"so it was that We made it into an example for what was between its hands and also what is after it, and a reminder to the righteous." (2:66)

I understand from above The God is telling us He left them as deterrent punshment for those with them and succeeding generations ... and we found their fossils ! and the fossils were found in africa ... those to whom the sabbath was decreed were in egypt which is in africa ...

i do however believe that humans did "evolve" but from within humanity and starting off as humanity ... the following verse we are told that the people of hud had been increased in creation vis-a-vis the people of noah ... so for me that shows a change from a type of human to another (perhaps what scientists (weirdly) call erectus/denisovan to neanderthal or neanderthal to homo sapien)

"are you surprised that a reminder has come to you from your Lord through a man from among you to warn you? andd remember that He made you successors after the people of noah, and He increased you in vastly in creation. so remember the grace of The God, that you may succeed." (7:69)

also we are told that the like of jesus is like adam .. and jesus was created directly as a human with a simple command from The God and as such i understand so did adam

that is my understanding ... please also verify the verses in arabic

peace

good logic

Sister Sarah.
We have another lockdown here in England. Hope you are safe and well.
Anyhow, evolution is a strange subject to discuss as in some way we evolved  and in others we went backwords.
I often wonder ,in the case of fighting, did we evolve or go backwards?
We started fighting with sticks, then knives and swords, then gun powder, then bullets ,then bombs, then nuclear...And we are still evolving or going backwards to extinction!
As for apes ,well it depends
:
A little girl asked her mother, "How did the human race appear?"

The mother answered, "God made Adam and Eve and they had children, and so was all mankind made.."

Two days later the girl asked her father the same question..

The father answered, "Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved."

The confused girl returned to her mother and said, "Mom, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?"

The mother answered, "Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family and your father told you about his.

Some were still wondering why we have ears this shape?
Because the majority were not using their ears to listen to GOD s message, thankfully after evolution gave them ears a million years ago...Now they finally get to use them to wear masks.
We can now prove evolution wrong.. Why?
Humming birds have existed for thousands of years and they haven't learned the words yet.

Evolution tells us we've evolved from apes.
I'm pretty sure we've evolved from crabs. You know why? Have you ever held a pair of tongs and NOT clicked them together? I rest my case.

I believe in evolution,I come from Darwin.

Meanwhile, at the Zoo...
... a gorilla is reading. He's holding a Bible in one hand and a book on evolution in the other

**What are you doing, gorilla?**

"I'm trying to decide if I am my brother's keeper, or my keeper's brother".

Finally sister,this fish must have been trying out if evolution is really true?:

A fish lies on the ground outside of his tank, dead.
The two remaining fish in the tank talk to each other:
"What happened?!"
"I don't really know... He just yelled 'EVOLUTION!' and jumped out."

Oh and  a typical human:
A creationist puts his glasses on, gets his magnifying glass and says, reading a statement:
"Evolution can't be real, just look at the human eye!! It's too perfect to be just chance!"

Me. I like nuts , I enjoy bananas and I am locked down in my home. Wonder where I came from?

GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Sarah

@Wakas

Peace
thanks for the answer.

This verse seems particularly interesting:
'6:133 ...He raised you from the seed of another people.'

But then I wonder what the verse about the likeness of Adam to Jesus is about since I always thought this was about both prophets being fatherless...
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Sarah

@Reel

Peace, thanks for answering.

'However, the evolution process explained by modern day biologists has some flaws and maybe even intentional coverups. It doesn't make sense that they avoid the fact that many people use their subconsious mind to evolve themselves any way they like.'

What about it would you say is an intentional cover up and what are some examples of flaws in the theory in your opinion?
Do you mean they use their subconscious to evolve mentally or physically as in for example (mentally) a growth mindset or developing more neural connections in the brain?

Sarah

@Amra94,

Peace thanks for answering.

I also think this might be the case but then I wonder how God created every living creature. In nature, everything seems connected for example dogs descended from the gray wolf, broccoli is related to cauliflower etc. Also stuff like this:

'Ever since researchers sequenced the chimp genome in 2005, they have known that humans share about 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees, making them our closest living relatives.'

Is this all really a coincidence or are all living organisms connected?