Author Topic: Clean slate  (Read 497 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Clean slate
« on: January 04, 2021, 03:40:11 AM »
Peace

Since it's obvious we messed up in our previous life even if by just making a wrong choice, are we born a clean slate? We recall no past life memories/ experiences, or DO WE? Does our subconscious mind hint at a previous life? Do our dreams hint at past life experiences? Are humans born 'sinless'? If nobody is perfect except God, we are born imperfect (spiritually)?
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
Re: Clean slate
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 04:17:35 AM »
Peace Sarah.
Happy new year.
Clean slate you say!
The bible says GOD created "man" in his image?
I think GOD created "man "  and "woman" with different names,like the joke goes:
What do you call...
...a man in a bush?
Russel!

...a man in a lake?
Bob!

...a man with a car on his head?
Jack!

...a man with a spade in his head?
Doug!

...a man without a spade in his head?
Douglas!

...a man with a toilet on his head?
Lou!

...a man with a map on his head?
Miles!

...a man hooked to the wall?
Art!

...a woman slates on her head?
Ruth!

...a man with a plank on his head?
Edward!

...a man with TWO planks on his head?
Edward Wood!

...a man with THREE planks on his head?
Edward Woodward!

...a man with FOUR planks on his head?
I don't know, but Edward Woodward would. (try saying that ten times in a row)

Anyway, I'll be here all week if I carry on...

On a serious note sister, we can have a clean slate everyday if we repent at the end of each day and start fresh. Providing we do not repeat gross sins deliberately..
All the best for tomorrow.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

nimnimak_11

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 06:47:34 AM »
Peace

Since it's obvious we messed up in our previous life even if by just making a wrong choice, are we born a clean slate? We recall no past life memories/ experiences, or DO WE? Does our subconscious mind hint at a previous life? Do our dreams hint at past life experiences? Are humans born 'sinless'? If nobody is perfect except God, we are born imperfect (spiritually)?

Peace Sarah

Disobeying God is a wrong choice. So is being a rapist, a ponzi schemer, an adulterer and so on (all of which are rooted in viewing God the wrong way, or by viewing Existence as imperfect (instead of Perfect). Some wrong choices are forgivable, others are not. Some wrong choices are very damning, others are a little damning. I think whatever advantages or disadvantages we are born with and are given in this life, is reflected on the depth and breadth of how much we ate from the forbidden tree (which I currently think is an analogy of how much evil we have allowed to enter our hearts by rejecting God's Perfection). We would never disobey God if we truly believed God/Existence to be Perfect. I think we failed and continue to fail to acknowledge God's Perfection either because we were oppressive, or lacking in willpower.

We would not have gone anywhere near the tree if we viewed God as Perfect. Also, Satan would have prostrated to Adam if it viewed God as Perfect. First, Satan did wrong and sought respite to do further wrong. Then, we did wrong (despite God Telling us not to do wrong), but unlike Satan, we sought forgiveness and mercy. In this life, the ones that follow God's Guidance, the ones that genuinely seek Forgiveness and Mercy, the ones that show sincerity regarding wanting to be better than what they are (the ones that respond to goodness as opposed to evil), the ones that do and act in a manner that is sincere to a perfect existence, these are the ones that God Will Forgive and have Mercy on. The ones that seek respite to complete their transgressions and become truly evil like Satan or Pharaoh, God will not Forgive them (it's not like they wanted Forgiveness and Mercy), thus, God will not have Mercy on them. They will get what they deserve. Hell (the very thing they mocked as they continued to transgress and do evil. Like a rapist or dictator who perhaps thinks to himself, if I go to Hell for this, then so be it, I'm still going to oppress and rape). God's Retribution/Vengeance.

Who would disobey that which they view as being Perfect or be in opposition to It? Those who wrong themselves.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 07:45:48 PM »
Peace

1. Messed up? Using what criteria? As a set of criteria is required to say "messed up" or "not messed up".
2. Are we born a clean state? Who are "we" that's being referred here?

Let's use again a metaphor for easy understanding.
The forum avatar Sarah cannot and do not have another avatar.
When she was born here, she has no previous post, no 'karma' point. Everything reset to zero.
And then let's say the forum admin blocked the account.
That might spell the end of Sarah, on this webforum.

Does Sarah 'messed up'?
It depends using what criteria that you'll use to put such label on "Sarah".
Depending on the criteria, you can say she does, you can say she does not.

Behind the forum avatar Sarah, there's a human consciousness.

Having one of his/her forum avatar 'dead', he/she has some options:
1. Doesn't mind about it at all, and move on. Either to another forum or decided not to join other forum at all. Just move away from this web forum, as he/she think that all that she needs from this web forum has already being fulfilled, or he/she just grow sick and tired of this web forum.

2. Rejoin this webforum, due to some reasons, but "Sarah" is unavailable, if he/she wanted to do that he/she need to create another forum avatar. So let's say he/she decided to create a forum avatar named "Abraham" this time around.
Abraham will start out from 0, a clean 'slate' as you called it, no karma points, no previous post.
So it's not "Sarah" being reborn into this forum, it's "Abraham" now..  albeit behind the avatar is the same consciousness.
It's the 'consciousness' that's 'reborn' or better word will be identifying his/herself to be "Abraham" inside this forum, and no longer identifying his/her self as "Sarah".
Perhaps the 'consciousness'  think that he/she still have things to do / say or learn from this webforum, and would like to take another 'shot' at it.

The 'criteria' of whether 'Sarah' messed up (or not) during her active time on this forum is set by the consciousness him/her self. And so does the 'judgement'.
That's why the criteria that you use to judge others, will be used also for your own self, by your own self.
And if you have no criteria to judge others, you will not be judged as well by your own self.