News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Uh-huh the timeline is not matching

Started by Sania Haque, December 31, 2020, 04:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sania Haque

Hi again,

I was reading Quran ( surah Mariam to be specific ) and I came across this verse :

" O  sister of Aaron! Your father was not an indecent man, nor was your mother unchaste." ( 19:28 )

How can Aaron be Mary's brother?! So now according to Quran, Moses was Jesus's uncle ?

Also, we have seen Injeel getting mentioned repeatedly in the Quran, what exactly is Injeel ? Is it gospel ? How can it be gospel when gospel wasn't even written by Jesus? If it's not gospel then what is it exactly ? There's something that is not adding up here.

tutti_frutti

salam sania haque

i do not know the answers to your inquiry but i could The God willing share my thoughts which my be wrong

the aaron mention in mary sister of aaron could be another aaron ... why would we necessarily think it is the same aaron as moses' brother?  (maybe they are though i dont know)

maybe it is a test as people who disbelieve will think it is the same aaron and increase in their disbelief whilst believers who believe in The God will ponder and perhaps understand it could be another aaron ... or maybe The God will explain the answer to them ... and the believers also know that The God knows best and everything in the Quran is truth

regarding the Injeel, perhaps it constitutes part of the tanakh alongside the Torah ... why?

1) well we know Injeel was sent to to the children of israel

2) tanakh includes information about messengers that came after moses and narratives that happened after moses so perhaps whatever narrative is mentioned in tanakh that is before or during moses time is Torah and whatever is mentioned after (example narratives about solomon or david) would consitute the Injeel

3) however, for example the last supper is mentioned in the new testament and corrected in the Quran ... so maybe narratives after moses were not in Torah or Injeel but rather scribes who passed down what they witnessed (changing it as time passed by)  .. and Injeel we could perhaps think corrected the alterations and then it was kept hidden (and not included in tanakh) ie stories after moses were witnesses who passed down the narratives

to sum it up lol maybe :

tanakh =Torah (accounts before moses (that could include noah and abraham) and during moses time) + Injeel (accounts after moses and during jesus time)

or

tanakh = Torah + witnesses of narratives after moses that were altered

however :
... sometimes i think Injeel is the gospel as they are today but changed from the original Injeel or the original gospel was hidden and replaced by the current gospels by the church ... and also that the aaron may be the aaron brother of moses

i still am not sure what i truly believe as being the answer to your inquiry :)

and i confuse myself haha

and of course i might very well be wrong all along the line :)

peace

shukri

Quote from: Sania Haque on December 31, 2020, 04:01:42 PM
Hi again,

I was reading Quran ( surah Mariam to be specific ) and I came across this verse :

" O  sister of Aaron! Your father was not an indecent man, nor was your mother unchaste." ( 19:28 )

How can Aaron be Mary's brother?! So now according to Quran, Moses was Jesus's uncle ?

My understanding:
The quran just quote what the people of that community said to Mary. At that time the jews usually called their fellows by the'nickname' of their great great (Prominent) grandfather. You can see the same thing happened to Jesus in the bible:

And he cried out, saying, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" (Luke 18:38)
Is it Jesus really the son of David? 

The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham (Matt 1:1)
Is it Jesus really the son of David, the Son of Abraham?   

Note:
According to the writer of Luke, Mary was a relative of Elizabeth, wife of the priest Zechariah of the priestly division of Abijah, who was herself part of the lineage of Aaron and so of the tribe of Levi (Luke  1:5, 1:36)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_mother_of_Jesus
"My Lord, pardon me if I have forgotten or erred"

huruf

Just one Harun in the Qur'an. In the Qur'an, which is what we are talking about and supposedly the book we believe in, nobody is called by such names for ceremony as the one attributed to this calling "sister of Harun". If there is another one, please, point it out. What the Jews supposedly did or did not does not oblige the Qur'an. So any proof for what is meant in the Qur'an should be picked from Qur'an, otherwise it is hadith, not Qur'an.

Salaam

seekingtruth1111

Quote from: Sania Haque on December 31, 2020, 04:01:42 PM
Hi again,

Also, we have seen Injeel getting mentioned repeatedly in the Quran, what exactly is Injeel ? Is it gospel ? How can it be gospel when gospel wasn't even written by Jesus? If it's not gospel then what is it exactly ? There's something that is not adding up here.

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9599509.0

good logic

Let us assume that Mary was the sister of Aaron the brother of Moses?
Let us now do a history check with the people mentioned in Qoran and place them in order of who came first  and who followed who...etc.
This by the way can only be done of the records we have recorded with us and comparing  . It cannot be done any other way.

So let us put in order of time these  historical figures?:
Saul, David, Meriam ,Zachariah, Solomon , Moses, Joshua ,AAaron, Jesus?
Here is the overwhelming view of the records we have:
Moses,Aaron Joshua, then Saul,David ,then Solomon, Then Zachariah,Mary then Jesus.

Let us now do some rough work of years between these generations.
At least one or two centuries between Moses ,Aaron ,Joshua and Saul ,David and Solomon. Then The original  temple gets destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar, then built at the time of Ezra when the Jews came back from Persia under Darius and at least another one or two centuries before Zachariah and Mary were living under the rule of the Romans.
So how can Mary been the actual sister of Moses and Aaron when she was alive at least many centuries after they were non existent?

All it remains to be said in this case is bring your evidence  that Jesus came way before David and Solomon?

In the case of Qoran saying "O sister of Aaron", this is no more than a lineage expression of belonging to the order of the first priest of Israel s lineage and  beliefs (devotion to GOD). Like Aal Ibrahim and Aal Imran. selection of prophets and devotees to GOD.

Qoran always clarifies ,for example when Moses uses " my brother Aaron" , it clarifies in another verse that it means the son of my mother. "O son of my mother ,do not get hold of my hair..." Aaron s speech to Moses else where in Qoran..
My take.
GOD bless.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

shukri

By using Al-Muzzammil method:
https://al-muzzammil.com/relevance_miracle/19_based_calc.html

19:28 "O sister of Aaron, your father was not a wicked man, and your mother was never unchaste!"
485 ... gv for "nickname" كنية
--> (485) + (19+28) = 532 = 28 x 19
Position 8 (Issues)
Level 3 (Include Missing Information)
(Indication: The "nickname" is part and parcel of verse 19:28 ... Therefore the phrase  "O sister of Aaron" in verse 19:28 is just a nickname used by Jews community at that time)

Note: A nickname is a substitute for the proper name of a familiar person, place or thing. Commonly used to express affection, it is a form of endearment and amusement. It can also be used to express defamation of character, particularly by school bullies.  

shukri

Bro huruf,

If you have any opinion regarding the phrase "sister of Aaron" in verse 19:28, please share with us!

amin

Theirs no Mary the mother of Jesus in Judaism, but its the Christian belief, and Islam the later religion accepted everyone as prophets the blessed ones.

These all Characters  represent some older pagan Gods, each having multiple stories within multiple cultures, later they get assimilated into modern one, with the current story/version geting predominance over others with time. We can see many such parallels in Indian religions too with gods taking multiple avatars in multiple births, that is linking all to a single entity.

Mary should be a mother Goddess and Virgin Motherhood is the best way to represent creation and all that aids it. Aaron should be another.

"Mary  the sister of Aaron" could be as per the rank they get within those ancient people's belief.

Layth

Peace,

QuoteI was reading Quran ( surah Mariam to be specific ) and I came across this verse :

The Qur'an, depending on context, can use the term "brother/sister" to denote a relationship arising from circumstances and not necessarily genetic. Here you see the people of Lot being called "Lot's BROTHERS":

50:13   And 'Aad, and Pharaoh, and the brothers of Lot

Also here again:

26:160   The people of Lot denied the messengers.
26:161   For their brother Lot said to them: "Will you not be righteous?"

Myriam came with the act of carrying a new born (Jesus). The people around her knew she was chaste and reminder her of her similarity to Aaron and how this could have heppened.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)