Author Topic: The Dzulqarnain Journey Verses Al Kahfi 18:83-98  (Read 355 times)

4u2explore

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
The Dzulqarnain Journey Verses Al Kahfi 18:83-98
« on: December 27, 2020, 12:24:52 AM »
Assalamuaalikum

You could have read discuss on a Journey of Dzulkarnain in Al Quran Verse 18 : 83-98
Would you know how did he travel from one point to another,
Was he alone or with an army when travelling from one destination to another?
Can anyone share with me how far you have understand from the Quran verses

Regards
4u2explore

16:83 They ask you ˹O Prophet˺ about Ⱬul-Qarnain. Say, “I will relate to you something of his narrative.
18:84 Surely We established him in the land, and gave him the means to all things.
18:85 So he travelled a course
18:86 until he reached the setting ˹point˺ of the sun, which appeared to him to be setting in a spring of murky water, where he found some people. We said, “O Ⱬul-Qarnain! Either punish them or treat them kindly.”
18:87 He responded, “Whoever does wrong will be punished by us, then will be returned to their Lord, Who will punish them with a horrible torment.
18:88 As for those who believe and do good, they will have the finest reward, and we will assign them easy commands.”
18:89 Then he travelled a ˹different˺ course
18:90 until he reached the rising ˹point˺ of the sun. He found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no shelter from it.1
18:91 So  it was. And We truly had full knowledge of him.
18:92 Then he travelled a ˹third˺ course
18:93 until he reached ˹a pass˺ between two mountains. He found in front of them a people who could hardly understand ˹his˺ language.
18:94 They pleaded, “O Ⱬul-Qarnain! Surely Gog and Magog1 are spreading corruption throughout the land. Should we pay you tribute, provided that you build a wall between us and them?”
18:95 He responded, “What my Lord has provided for me is far better. But assist me with resources, and I will build a barrier between you and them.
18:96 Bring me blocks of iron!” Then, when he had filled up ˹the gap˺ between the two mountains, he ordered, “Blow!” When the iron became red hot, he said, “Bring me molten copper to pour over it.
18:97 And so the enemies could neither scale nor tunnel through it.
18:98 He declared, “This is a mercy from my Lord. But when the promise of my Lord comes to pass, He will level it to the ground. And my Lord’s promise is ever true.”

4u2explore

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: The Dzulqarnain Journey Verses Al Kahfi 18:83-98
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 06:30:40 AM »
Before we discussed about Dzulkarnain Journey, I would like to show these 2 of Al Quran Verses

Sahih International: 34:12 And to Solomon [We subjected] the wind - its morning [journey was that of] a month - and its afternoon [journey was that of] a month, and We made flow for him a spring of [liquid] copper. And among the jinn were those who worked for him by the permission of his Lord. And whoever deviated among them from Our command - We will make him taste of the punishment of the Blaze

Could it be possible for Dzulkarnain possessed the same ability to teleport himself from one point of destination to another point of destination

He (Sulayman) said (to his own men): "Ye Chiefs! Which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?" Said an Ifrit of the Jinn: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy Council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted." Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the grace of my Lord!― to test me whether I am grateful, or ungrateful!...' " (an-Naml, 27/38-40)

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »
Salam 4u2explore,

Please continue ...looking forward to hearing from you.

Wassalam,

4u2explore

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 12:56:04 AM »
Peace,

Part 2:
If you read the verses in Al Quran, you can feel that Dzulkarnain was travelling alone without an army.

Did he realy see the sun was setting in a black muddy spring water?

Lets examine this verses
18:85 So he travelled a course
18:86 until he reached the setting ˹point˺ of the sun, which appeared to him to be setting in a spring of murky water, where he found some people. We said, “O Ⱬul-Qarnain! Either punish them or treat them kindly.”

The above verses tells us what had happened to him :
1. Dzulkarnain was travelling to the west, toward the sun set
2. With his ability to teleport himself, travelling from one point of destination to another point of destination in spreading god messages to the west. he finally he ended up and found himsellf submerged in black muddy spring water ( refer to other translation ).
Its not the sun that setting in the black muddy spring water but it was him when he found himself submerged in a black muddy spring water.
3. He found also, there were few people near him in the black muddy spring water. May be to their belief the mud has superstitious power to cure or heal deseases or illness or even for the beauty and staying young. They were performing shirks to god by worship and believing the black mud has power over their life.

18:87 He responded, “Whoever does wrong will be punished by us, then will be returned to their Lord, Who will punish them with a horrible torment.
18:88 As for those who believe and do good, they will have the finest reward, and we will assign them easy commands.”

Now the next task for Dzulkarnain was to ensure these people are back to worship to the only god, a one god.

Example:
Jumper 2008
https://youtu.be/eLqE8rqNPbk

submerged in the river
https://images.app.goo.gl/dry2ZzSAd4p41b879

Where is this place could be? A possible place could be at Dead Sea. A place where a black mud believed to have magic in curing illness.

http://dead-sea.net/the-dead-sea/cleopatra-and-the-dead-sea/