Author Topic: For the Curious Ones: Test This Salat Method  (Read 3580 times)

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
For the Curious Ones: Test This Salat Method
« on: December 26, 2020, 07:51:31 AM »
Those who like to experiment here is a salat method you can try:

Procedure

A. Wash and then sit down in a quiet room. Don’t move around much. Relax.

B. Set the intention that you want to contact Allah and let him know that you would like to be protected from devil during the session. Keep your voice soft. Let go of the sectarian misconception that God wants you to do it like a bot to please him. Believe that in this session your only identity is of a human who serves him. Realize that Allah is closer than your jugular vein.

C. Close your eyes and do both or just one of the following to get you to focus on him: 1. Recite any chapter from the Quran that describes who Allah is. 2. Invoke him by glorifying him.

D. Next choose one or all of the options, but calmly and without moving around: 1. Ask for forgiveness if you think you need it for something wrong you did. 2. Thank him by contemplating on why he deserves it. 3. Ask him any questions or tell him to show you a way for any issue you have. 4.Tell him to bless you or grant your wish. 5. Customize what you want to do.

Feel free to copy the communication style or duas from the believers we find in Quran.

Keep it all genuine. Pay attention when you become silent during the contact. Once its over, keep a cool head and stay God conscious.

If possible report back your experience, but don’t provide here the details of the conversation:

During the session, did you suddenly start to get promising answers, ideas or clarifications in your heart?

Did you feel the need to change yourself or views to reflect the info of this contact?

Note: If you are suffering from NPD/pathological narcissism the session may give you extreme discomfort.

Peace

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: For the Curious Ones: Test This Salat Method
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 10:00:27 AM »
Peace Reel,

Are these timed occurances like zhur, Asr, etc.,

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 01:19:35 AM »
Peace Reel,

Are these timed occurances like zhur, Asr, etc.,

:peace:

Go ahead. It is just an experiment. Best might be when you just woke up.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 09:01:17 AM »
I felt i was in a therapy session dear sister. It does help for me in dua/prayer. Even though i see Salat as adherence. This is a good way for dua/prayer.

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 02:27:45 PM »
I felt i was in a therapy session dear sister. It does help for me in dua/prayer. Even though i see Salat as adherence. This is a good way for dua/prayer.

Great. Did anything come in your heart out of the blue? Keep the details secret.

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-2
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 02:44:17 PM »
salam

very interesting ... however i must disagree if that is solely what you consider prayer to be

if i may please share my thoughts, i understand that prayer is to prostrate and to bow/kneel (whichever way you understand sujud and rokou3) ...we are literally told to do that (albeit i think not in same verse as word salat but i tend to understand it has to be done during salat)

we are also told what (and how - tone of. voice) to say in surah 17 verses 110 and 111 (which includes glorifying The God) ...and  we are also told to do wudu (an actual cleansing act) before prayer

we are also given specific times - as per my understanding - starting from setting of sun (sunset) till literally darkness and throughout the night and before dawn whilst at dawn (and at night) we are to read/recite the Quran (please also look at first dozen verses of surah 73 where we are told about the night)

i personally try to pray starting sunset and for at least an hour straight (sometimes 2hours and a half straight) and then trhoughout night

i start by reciting surah fatiha then i just speak to The God and glorify Him (i also say what we are told to say in 17:111) ... i also say what we are inspired to say throughout the Quran i.e. what peopheta/messengers prayed for or what we are told believers pray for

i also implore forgiveness for me and for my parents and the believing males and females (i understand we are told to do that)

we are even told that we can see the mark on the faces from prostration in surah 48 verse 29 (i think it is literally mark on the forehead and i think having that mark should be our goal - the mark in itself is not the finality but rather that it shows to us that we are prostarting a lot)

that was my understanding :)

thank you and may The God please guide us all

peace

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 09:41:03 PM »
Thank you reel for sharing such wonderful practice..  :bravo:

Allow me to add comment and remarks based on my own experience.

Those who like to experiment here is a salat method you can try:

Procedure

A. Wash and then sit down in a quiet room. Don’t move around much. Relax.

Relax, calm, be blissful.
Release all tense muscle and also all disturbing thoughts.

B. Set the intention that you want to contact Allah and let him know that you would like to be protected from devil during the session. Keep your voice soft. Let go of the sectarian misconception that God wants you to do it like a bot to please him. Believe that in this session your only identity is of a human who serves him. Realize that Allah is closer than your jugular vein.

Yes God is in everyone and in everything.
Time and space is part of creation, it's not hindrance for the creator.

C. Close your eyes and do both or just one of the following to get you to focus on him: 1. Recite any chapter from the Quran that describes who Allah is. 2. Invoke him by glorifying him.

Set the focus is key here.
Set the focus to your source, where you came from and also your destination, where you will eventually go back to.
It's normal to find 'disturbing thoughts' creeped in, disturbing the focus.as mentioned in A above. Don't fight it but accept it and Dis-identify yourself from 'your own' disturbing thoughts and set the focus back.

Closing eyes is a technique to help you set the focus, as visual impulse usually occupies our day-to-day focus.
Reciting the Quran can also help, any thing that you remember, which chapter or verse doesn't really matter. And actually which book doesn't really matter either. It's merely a catalyst to help you to set your own focus to The Creator.

Even reciting Al-Rahman Al-Raheem (on any language) repeatedly can also work to set your focus.
Specifically Al-Raheem is a good choice of word, since literally it means 'womb'. The creator is all around you and within you, you are a baby within His womb, always protected and always loved.
There is no best and only technique here, feel free to choose which one that serve you best to set your focus.

D. Next choose one or all of the options, but calmly and without moving around: 1. Ask for forgiveness if you think you need it for something wrong you did. 2. Thank him by contemplating on why he deserves it. 3. Ask him any questions or tell him to show you a way for any issue you have. 4.Tell him to bless you or grant your wish. 5. Customize what you want to do.

Yes it's important especially to forgive yourself, it will also help to release 'disturbing thoughts'. It will help you to build up the feeling and comfort of 'forgiving'. Next step is to forgive others. You can also switch the order around. Forgive others first and then forgive your own self, which one feels better for you.

Thankfulness is next in priority, be thankful for everything, for any event that happened in your life, no regret. Be thankful for the life that you experienced. If you have any concern or wish for anything that you want to experience in the future "thanks it into existence".

But don't construct it in 'negative manner', such as if you're afraid of something don't construct it using 'Thank you for I will *not* be afraid anymore" but construct it with "Thank you for granting me happiness, peacefulness" or any other positive things / traits that you want to experience.

Gratefulness is key here, it's a powerful positive energy, the vibration of creation.

Note: If you are suffering from NPD/pathological narcissism the session may give you extreme discomfort.

The technique works very well for everyone, on any faith, on any religion, on any races, on any language, on any gender, on any condition and especially for NPD. NPD are people with 'strong sense of self identification'. The technique above includes "dis-identification" attempt through trying to dis-identify one self with his/her own disturbing thought as part of gaining focus with the One Creator. This will gradually reduce the overflowing strong sense of 'self identification' (ie: me vs others, us vs them) that usually happened with and caused NPD.

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-2
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 11:13:04 PM »
Yes God is in everyone and in everything.
Time and space is part of creation, it's not hindrance for the creator.
Specifically Al-Raheem is a good choice of word, since literally it means 'womb'. The creator is all around you and within you, you are a baby within His womb, always protected and always loved.

salam jafar

i hope all is well

if i may, i think what you are saying about The Creator is very very bad.. even if you are being figurative ...

The Lord is Himself, there is NONE like Him
and i understand He is above the waters on the Throne

There is no best and only technique here, feel free to choose which one that serve you best to set your focus.

i think there is no best “technique”, i understand there is THE “technique” which is sujud and ruku3

The God tells us throughout the Quran about ruku3 and sujud and with deduction i believe one can understand it relates to prayer

also surah 62 verse 48

“the Day will come when they will be exposed, and they will be required to prostrate (sujod), but they will be unable to”

may we understand rhat people who did not prostrate physically (and perhaps figuratively as in submitted) so they will not be able to on the day of judgment?

ruku3 and sujud are very very important

may i please ask, if you think ruku3 and sujud do not pertain to prayer may i please know what you make of them? they are clearly written in the Quran as “sujud” and “ruku3”

thank you

peace

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 11:18:15 PM »
Great. Did anything come in your heart out of the blue? Keep the details secret.
I don't know how to explain it honestly but it did led me to some videos by a muslim brother of ours:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7OMmYRFScjBhsBGhNgaMVg

Really insightful and deep.

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 04:40:09 AM »
Thanks Jafar for more details. It would be nice if readers take them into account.

Thank you reel for sharing such wonderful practice..  :bravo:

Allow me to add comment and remarks based on my own experience.

Relax, calm, be blissful.
Release all tense muscle and also all disturbing thoughts.

I realized that this is one of the things that gets hindered by the robotic movements we were taught in sects.
Looks like believers in Quran were doing them out of devotion which later were misinterpreted to be requirements from God.

The technique works very well for everyone, on any faith, on any religion, on any races, on any language, on any gender, on any condition and especially for NPD.

True. Seems to be available in every religion and culture, but then again, root is the same one God.

NPD are people with 'strong sense of self identification'. The technique above includes "dis-identification" attempt through trying to dis-identify one self with his/her own disturbing thought as part of gaining focus with the One Creator. This will gradually reduce the overflowing strong sense of 'self identification' (ie: me vs others, us vs them) that usually happened with and caused NPD.

Young ones have a chance. But aging typically makes looking within much harder. Then also we have extremely few in the community.

salam
very interesting ... however i must disagree if that is solely what you consider prayer to be

In this one, we are treating salat as contacting instead of praying. Result can separate the oil from water.
It is best to test the method and then decide whether to agree or disagree with it. I wouldn’t compare it with the one we know from sects.

if i may please share my thoughts, i understand that prayer is to prostrate and to bow/kneel (whichever way you understand sujud and rokou3) ...we are literally told to do that (albeit i think not in same verse as word salat but i tend to understand it has to be done during salat)

In several verses, the psychological sujud and rokou3 are instructed and they go beyond salah. Hence, I mentioned: “Believe that in this session your only identity is of a human who serves him”.

Establishment of the contact can be quite an emotional/mystical experience for which the physical movements like those might pop up on their own in addition to hands ending up over chest. God allows freedom of love expression and so that’s completely okay. However, making them requirements can definitely cause a detour from your innerself and hence, the contact can be lost. Paying attention is a must.

we are even told that we can see the mark on the faces from prostration in surah 48 verse 29 (i think it is literally mark on the forehead and i think having that mark should be our goal - the mark in itself is not the finality but rather that it shows to us that we are prostarting a lot)

I used to be intrigued by the mark until I ended up getting it on my forehead without prostrating once when all night long I was heavily invested in dhikr. It disappeared only after the 16 year old idiot in me cried to God that I wanted it removed. Overall, physical prostration isn’t the only way for it.

we are also told what (and how - tone of. voice) to say in surah 17 verses 110 and 111 (which includes glorifying The God) ...and  we are also told to do wudu (an actual cleansing act) before prayer
Included in the steps. Recheck. Sorry I forgot to include the verse numbers. Btw, I recite an entire chapter that resembles 17:111.

we are also given specific times - as per my understanding - starting from setting of sun (sunset) till literally darkness and throughout the night and before dawn whilst at dawn (and at night) we are to read/recite the Quran (please also look at first dozen verses of surah 73 where we are told about the night)

Nothing wrong in doing the experiment that many times. In fact, the experience may just get deeper and deeper. That said, salat wasn’t done before regularly like sectarians do now and the idea came from shafi and his fans.

i personally try to pray starting sunset and for at least an hour straight (sometimes 2hours and a half straight) and then trhoughout night i start by reciting surah fatiha then i just speak to The God and glorify Him (i also say what we are told to say in 17:111) ... i also say what we are inspired to say throughout the Quran i.e. what peopheta/messengers prayed for or what we are told believers pray for i also implore forgiveness for me and for my parents and the believing males and females (i understand we are told to do that) that was my understanding :)thank you and may The God please guide us all peace

If you just notice the method doesn’t exactly exclude all of them.  We only remove the robotic aspect.