Author Topic: I am going to apostate  (Read 4334 times)

Sania Haque

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
I am going to apostate
« on: December 11, 2020, 01:14:36 PM »
I dont even know in which category i fall. Quranism doesn't make sense to me. Neither does hadiths. While i fully believe that hadiths are anti Qur'an, this Quran alone is not doing it for me. I am not able to find any firm ground here. There is no stability in Quranism. Yall are open to follow any interpretation of Quran and that is i guess is the negative point of this whole movement. I became Ahle Quran to learn the laws of Allah correctly, but this has distorted my faith more than ever. I feel so disconnected from Allah, my faith is totally gone, it's like I know God exists but my belief in it is waning.  What do i do, i feel like I am losing my mind. I am so confused and nothing is making sense to it. I feel like I am about to apostate. I read Quran but it doesn't do anything for me. I think the only thing that is stopping me is the fear of hell and say of Judgement. Can yall just tell me if i become a deist or monotheist but donot follow any religion ( not even Islam and Quran ) will i go to hell according to Quran ? I am just tired of not finding any answer from Quran. I just feel like the true religion of God should have a clear message that should resonate with the whole mankind. Quran doesn't calls to my soul with some of its verses. I don't get why would God hate any lgbtq+ ( and i am not here to start any discussion on it, on my last post already someone judged me for it and made me feel that i am looking for excuses to transgress against Quran ), i just dont understand it. Yeah we can use the argument that Allah is using it for test then why not make every person a homosexual and then test them ? Why is Allah unfair to some. Why would Allah call himself fair and just and do something like this.
Then comes the fact that Quran is just not at all clear whether we have to take it literally or not. Again my issue is, is there any set of laws given by Allah or not ?
If Allah is clear in his words why most of the messages are unclear .

What is salat ?
Is alcohol forbidden ?
Is hajj obligatory or not ?
Does god forbid all kind of sex except penis-vagina sex or does all kinds of sexual act is permissible between husband and wife.
Is abortion is haram or is it permissible ?
Is the story of Lut forbidding homosexuality or is it condemning raping and oppression ?
Quran tells you to wear hijab and abaya too or Quran only tells you to lower the garments and cover the bosom ?

These are not the only cases where yall disagree with each other. Quranism has confused me more than the hadiths because at least it was apparent that a man made book would be unclear and full of contradictions but why is that we cannot agree at anything when it comes to the book of God ? I am one step away from having a full mental breakdown. The stress is weighing down on me and affecting me physically, mentally and emotionally. I came to this forum to find answers. I am just left with more confusion and questions. I am tired of following something which doesn't makes sense to me. I love God, i believe in him, i just don't believe anymore that Quran is the answer for me. It is my fear of judgement day only that has been keeping me from finally accepting myself as deist and leaving behind all the religion. I just want to know whether a deist is also considered a believer according to Quran, or am I disbeliever for abandoning Quran but still believing in God ?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
Re: I am going to apostate
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 01:52:32 PM »
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 03:50:16 PM »
Peace Sania Haque.
Regardless of religion,hadith ,Qoran...
You say you believe in GOD. What  does "GOD"  mean to you? Which of the following do you understand about GOD?:
GOD s attributes
GOD can work/communicate/answer you
You can connect with GOD.
GOD just exist but does not do anything .with anyone.
What is GOD s role  in our life?

For me if we believe in GOD,then surely we need to value GOD as He should be valued.. If GOD is all knowing, ever living, omnipresent...etc why not try GOD to see if GOD answers you?
If GOD cannot answer you  and help you , then one should not believe that an Almighty GOD capable of doing anything including helping a human exist.
GOD says: "When my servant ask about ME, tell them I am near I answer the call of anyone who calls  ME."
I tell you no one can answer you better than GOD.
Go ahead you have a direct line.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

Emre_1974tr

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 05:36:47 PM »
Dear friend;

You must read only Quran...

But you are  reading human articles again.

Why?

Please read the Quran only.

Peace

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 09:13:01 PM »

What is salat ?

Even 7 years in, I can't answer this question with Qur'an alone. It seems more like salat was a cultural practice that everyone knew of in the Arabian penisula at that time, so the Qur'an did not bother explaining it. Keeping this in mind, just proceed to do salat as is customarily done, and make necessary modifications as the Qur'an recommends.

Is alcohol forbidden ?

Yes, because the Qur'an asks us to shun intoxicants(5:90), and alcohol is intoxicating.

Is hajj obligatory or not ?

Not obligatory, but enjoined.

Does god forbid all kind of sex except penis-vagina sex or does all kinds of sexual act is permissible between husband and wife.

Qur'an is silent on these issues. It leaves it to your discretion.

Is abortion is haram or is it permissible ?

Yes. The Qur'an forbid killing your children. The fetus is a child.

Is the story of Lut forbidding homosexuality or is it condemning raping and oppression ?

I don't know about the story of Lot. But Qur'an condemns homosexual affairs in 4:16.

Quran tells you to wear hijab and abaya too or Quran only tells you to lower the garments and cover the bosom?

It only tells you to cover your bosom. Period. All of this boils down to logical deduction. The word 'khimar' in Arabic was a rectangular piece of cloth that the Arabs loosely wore on their heads or neck or chest. One can put a khimar over their head while still exposing much hair. If hair must be covered, then it would've been written, "draw their khimar over their hair and bosom."

The idea that those women were wearing the khimar airtight over their heads and neck as today Muslim women before they were then told to draw it over their bosom, is dumb.

The stress is weighing down on me and affecting me physically, mentally and emotionally. I came to this forum to find answers. I am just left with more confusion and questions. I am tired of following something which doesn't makes sense to me. I love God, i believe in him, i just don't believe anymore that Quran is the answer for me.

Then feel free to quit. Here is the thing, the Qur'an has its limitations. In principles, it can work well to advice your life choices, but its decrees and theories on nature may seem dated and false. This is the cold harsh truth.

There is no flawless religion or scripture, atheism, deism, Islam, Christianity, every position is flawed. I too had my issues last year, and could've left Islam, but I realized that it didn't matter what I left Islam for, I was always going to have to deal with flaws.

And so at long last, I resolved to stay in Islam and just practice it to my taste. This is my advice to anyone thinking of apostasy. I don't let judgmental Muslims bully me into blindly accepting verses or interpretation that makes no sense to me. If anyone accuses me of "transgressing the Qur'an," I simply remind them of the limitations of the Qur'an, such as the passages on science that seem to falsely imply the embryo is a blood clot or that the upper atmosphere is a solid dome.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

Sania Haque

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 11:35:13 PM »
Did you bother reading this reply?
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9611211.msg431467#msg431467

As I said, I cannot do it. I am always paralysed by the fear that I might be making wrong interpretation of Quran. Any person who is going to interpretate Quran for themselves, they will be biased. At least every person should agree on the laws of Quran. The fear of hell, and transgressing against Allah and Quran has been instilled so much in me that i cannot make my own choice. I need Quran to be clear so that I can follow it without any anxiety eating me up

Sania Haque

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 11:41:24 PM »
Peace Sania Haque.
Regardless of religion,hadith ,Qoran...
You say you believe in GOD. What  does "GOD"  mean to you? Which of the following do you understand about GOD?:
GOD s attributes
GOD can work/communicate/answer you
You can connect with GOD.
GOD just exist but does not do anything .with anyone.
What is GOD s role  in our life?

For me if we believe in GOD,then surely we need to value GOD as He should be valued.. If GOD is all knowing, ever living, omnipresent...etc why not try GOD to see if GOD answers you?
If GOD cannot answer you  and help you , then one should not believe that an Almighty GOD capable of doing anything including helping a human exist.
GOD says: "When my servant ask about ME, tell them I am near I answer the call of anyone who calls  ME."
I tell you no one can answer you better than GOD.
Go ahead you have a direct line.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

I believe in God. I believe that he answers to everyone who invokes him. I also believe that he has limited involvement in our life. He has left human to do according to their will. It's just that God's book is not making sense to me. That's what i am asking. Will God send me to hell for abandoning his book ( even if i am a believer and righteous ).

Sania Haque

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 11:42:50 PM »
Dear friend;

You must read only Quran...

But you are  reading human articles again.

Why?

Please read the Quran only.

Peace

Oh I am trying to read Quran everyday, but am I not reading the interpretation of Quran written by a man himself ?

Sania Haque

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 12:31:26 AM »
Even 7 years in, I can't answer this question with Qur'an alone. It seems more like salat was a cultural practice that everyone knew of in the Arabian penisula at that time, so the Qur'an did not bother explaining it. Keeping this in mind, just proceed to do salat as is customarily done, and make necessary modifications as the Qur'an recommends.

Yes, because the Qur'an asks us to shun intoxicants(5:90), and alcohol is intoxicating.

Not obligatory, but enjoined.

Qur'an is silent on these issues. It leaves it to your discretion.

Yes. The Qur'an forbid killing your children. The fetus is a child.

I don't know about the story of Lot. But Qur'an condemns homosexual affairs in 4:16.

It only tells you to cover your bosom. Period. All of this boils down to logical deduction. The word 'khimar' in Arabic was a rectangular piece of cloth that the Arabs loosely wore on their heads or neck or chest. One can put a khimar over their head while still exposing much hair. If hair must be covered, then it would've been written, "draw their khimar over their hair and bosom."

The idea that those women were wearing the khimar airtight over their heads and neck as today Muslim women before they were then told to draw it over their bosom, is dumb.

Then feel free to quit. Here is the thing, the Qur'an has its limitations. In principles, it can work well to advice your life choices, but its decrees and theories on nature may seem dated and false. This is the cold harsh truth.

There is no flawless religion or scripture, atheism, deism, Islam, Christianity, every position is flawed. I too had my issues last year, and could've left Islam, but I realized that it didn't matter what I left Islam for, I was always going to have to deal with flaws.

And so at long last, I resolved to stay in Islam and just practice it to my taste. This is my advice to anyone thinking of apostasy. I don't let judgmental Muslims bully me into blindly accepting verses or interpretation that makes no sense to me. If anyone accuses me of "transgressing the Qur'an," I simply remind them of the limitations of the Qur'an, such as the passages on science that seem to falsely imply the embryo is a blood clot or that the upper atmosphere is a solid dome.

What about abortion before the fetus is formed ? When it remains just a mass of cell ?
I read some of the articles and they said alcohol is only forbidden if it causes intoxication. People can have one glass of red wine and can even use it in food
Other said that Allah made penis and vagina as the sex organ, so it is common sense Allah is only talking about vaginal sex in Quran and others prohibited. Also, there is a verse which said we should avoid indeceny which are both visible and hidden. They claim all kind of sex except vaginal sex and masturbation comes under hidden indecency.
Can you explain 4:16, isn't it talking about adultery and its punishment ?

As i said i have immense fear of misinterpreting laws of Allah and transgressing against Quran. At the same time it doesn't make sense to me either. I feel like instead of following Something wrong i should follow nothing at all. If monotheism is what the main message of Quran then I already believe in the day of Judgement and that God is one. I feel like the label of muslim is weighing down on me ( in today's time muslim doesn't mean submitter to God. Now it has taken a form of submitter to a specific religion called Islam. Now Islam doesn't just mean submission to God. It means submission to the Quran ). Plus muslims have a long way to go before they let go of arrogance and bullying. The mainstream muslims are sectarians. Forget about hadiths, if I try to explain my opinion on some verse of Quran they would start the name calling. These people have created such a bad image of Islam that i hate being associated with them. I donot fit in a sectarian world and the Quran alone is not doing it for me. I believe in God. I believe that Quran is the word of God. It's just that the words of God is not making any sense to me. I just dont want to end up in hell for abandoning Quran.

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 01:54:05 AM »
As I said, I cannot do it. I am always paralysed by the fear that I might be making wrong interpretation of Quran. Any person who is going to interpretate Quran for themselves, they will be biased. At least every person should agree on the laws of Quran. The fear of hell, and transgressing against Allah and Quran has been instilled so much in me that i cannot make my own choice. I need Quran to be clear so that I can follow it without any anxiety eating me up

That's wrong dear... So you want someone else  on this earth to  translate the Quran or if Arab explain it to all believers so that we all surrender to his understanding....  that's why we see hadith.. Do you copy what I say.. Coz people wanted to give a picture of Quran in their own way so ended in inventing hadith..
That's not logical... God kept QURAN as miracle.. No one will be able to explain it in its entirety.. God only will explain to whome He will...
Definitely true believers who deserve to enter Janna will choose right meaning of Quran.. Coz choosing wrong meaning means going against God literally... So.. Dear little sister don't beg from others to guide you.. Look yourself. .it is in you.. It is between you and your Lord the guidance ...but yearn for it truly.. God won't discard his true believers...

What you search for will never come true... I mean a Quran translated so everyone to follow as it is translated... Who can do that?  Who is he?  Who authorized him so?...
Just use your wits sis... Beg to God for guidance.. Quran is non but guidance... Try to grab it from God himself... Not from others...