Author Topic: Story of Noah - Last Chance?  (Read 352 times)

TheUnseenLight

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Story of Noah - Last Chance?
« on: December 03, 2020, 02:29:40 AM »
11:41 And he said: "Ride in it, in the name of God shall be its running and its anchorage. My Lord is Forgiving, Merciful"

Is Noah calling his people one last time to seek repentance, if not what exactly is he talking to?

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Story of Noah - Last Chance?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 12:12:11 PM »
Salam TheUnseenLight,

[11:36] And it was inspired to Noah: “No more of your people will believe except those who have already believed. So do not be saddened by  what they have done.”
[11:37] “And construct the ship under Our eyes and Our inspiration, and do not speak to Me regarding those who are wicked. They will be  drowned.”
[11:38] And as he was constructing the ship, every time any cluster from his people passed by, they mocked him. He said: “If you mock us,  then we also mock you as you mock.”
[11:39] “You will know to whom the retribution will come to disgrace him, and upon him will be a lasting punishment.”
[11:40] So, when Our command came and the chamber erupted. We said: “Carry in it a pair from each kind, and your family; except  those against whom the word has been issued; and whoever has  believed.” But those who believed with him were few.
[11:41] And he said: “Ride in it, in the name of God shall be its running and its anchorage. My Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.”
[11:42] And while it was running with them in waves like mountains, Noah called to his son, who was in an isolated place: “My son,  ride with us, and do not be with the rejecters!”
[11:43] He said: “I will take refuge to the mountain which will protect me from the water.” He said: “There is no protection from the  decree of God except for those He has granted mercy.” And the  wave came between them, so he was one of those who drowned.
[11:44] And it was said: “O land, swallow your water, and O sky, cease.” And the water was diminished, and the matter concluded. And it  came to rest on the Judi, and it was said: “Away with the wicked  people.”
[11:45] And Noah called on his Lord, and he said: “My Lord, my son is from my family, and your promise is the truth, and you are the  Wisest of all Judges.”
[11:46] He said: “O Noah, he is not from your family, he was of an unrighteous deed, so do not ask what you have no knowledge of.  I advise you not to be of the ignorant.”
[11:47] He said: “My Lord, I seek refuge with You from asking You what I do not have knowledge of. And if You do not forgive me and  have mercy on me, I will be of the losers!”

Per my understanding, Noah was not calling his people one last time to seek repentance because in 11.36 he was given revelation that no more from his people will believe. Noah was commanding his family and believers as per 11:40. However, in later verses it is made clear that his son was not among his family that God promised to be saved.

Wassalam