About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Peace be with you!

Started by adisaat, November 18, 2020, 04:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adisaat

Salam everyone!

My name is Adi and im from Singapore.
i have come across the site freeminds a couple of times before and only finally now registered here.
Previously was told by most of my acquaintances that this site will bring me to the wrong path of islam  :-\
But after reading and pondering on some articles on this site and others i find myself agreeing more than disagreeing..  :P

Also ive been reading this article on free minds that deeply resonates with me,
https://www.free-minds.org/index.php/seven-questions-seeking-answers

And inside the article it mentioned a few other articles which however im unable to find an links to.
Twelve Conclusions on True Islam, Islam the Religion through Reason , Quran and its many faces ,The Quran and the missing Details
Does anyone have any idea where those articles are?
Would really love to read what kind of insights are in those articles haha.
Thank you in advance~

May God grant us his guidance and bless us all.

ade_cool

Salam adisaat

:welcome:

Did you check free-minds website after your acquaintances told you not to visit the site (something like "brothers and sisters, beware of this site as it will lead you astray")?

Or did you somehow come across free-minds website, check with your acquaintances and then they told you not to continue?

Wassalam

Wakas

peace Adi,

You can message Layth perhaps. If they were actually articles hosted on the free-minds site at one time he may have them. I assume you have emailed the author of that article?
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

adisaat

Salam,

I came across this website and then i checked with my acquaintances whereby they told me that it would lead me astray.
I guess that they only hear from what others say and never even check what this website is all about..  :(

Quote from: ade_cool on November 18, 2020, 11:13:26 AM
Salam adisaat

:welcome:

Did you check free-minds website after your acquaintances told you not to visit the site (something like "brothers and sisters, beware of this site as it will lead you astray")?

Or did you somehow come across free-minds website, check with your acquaintances and then they told you not to continue?

Wassalam

adisaat

Salam,

Thank you for your suggestion,
I will email the author now too haha.
(I should have thought of that too  :rotfl:)

Quote from: Wakas on November 18, 2020, 01:57:33 PM
peace Adi,

You can message Layth perhaps. If they were actually articles hosted on the free-minds site at one time he may have them. I assume you have emailed the author of that article?

Layth

Salam Adi,

I looked for the articles you mentioned, but they were never sent with the original piece nor did I ever get a link to them.

I sent an email to the author (though its 15 years ago), let's see what comes back.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

adisaat

Salam Layth,

Thank you for your effort ^_^

Quote from: Layth on November 29, 2020, 07:23:39 AM
Salam Adi,

I looked for the articles you mentioned, but they were never sent with the original piece nor did I ever get a link to them.

I sent an email to the author (though its 15 years ago), let's see what comes back.

good logic

Peace adisaat.
Welcome.
This post will deal with "reason" as seen by "my mind is restrictive/brainwashed and made up" ideas of most sects.
For example some Muslims think that they are using reason to come up with a conclusion that traditional Islam is the right religion!!! like:

Being able to use our reason, and come to logical conclusions is a God-given blessing, and in addition to this, thinking, reasoning and contemplation are essential parts of faith.   Thus, a person is reminded to use rational thought processes to come to logical conclusions.  Without knowledge and understanding a person may not recognize God or worship Him in irrational or forbidden ways. "

And:
"rrationality could be described as one of the characteristics of unbelief, idolatry, or hypocrisy.  Lack of reason hinders a person's ability to recognize the truth, and the value of religion. "
They use Qoran verses to draw your attention to GOD wanting us to use our faculties and senses to investigate the truth.

Then they hit you with this hammer of a trap on the head to knock out your reasoning:
"And it is through reasoning we conclude that if we are convinced that Islam is the true religion of God based on its fundamental teachings and the proofs it offers, then that implies accepting all that it teaches even if we are not able to understand certain things or the wisdom behind them due to our limitations."

This contradiction above is asking you to use your reason first, then stop using it  and just accept certain things-Traditional Islam- you are not going to understand!!!!
In other words they know the hadiths are contradictory  and contain nonsense that people are going to question,but one has to accept hadiths as well.

This is their conclusion after we supposedly use our reason :
"hen our reasoning is based on logical conclusions, God's commandments, and our own moral compass, we feel comfortable and confident in our faith.  Islam allows us to live and thrive in an ever-changing world because God tells us to think.   He tells us to use our own powers of deduction, improve our faith and improve our world through reason and religion."

They know perfectly well that the majority of the Muslims are not happy or satisfied that their faith has improved through Traditional Islam. On the contrary they are now realising that they are struggling,lost and weak in this world of Science and  technology .The majority of Muslims  are behind,backward and looking to the west or others for help and support.
What reasoning is this? Where is it leading? Is the proof not in the pudding? Does GOD in Qoran not say that the message is a guide to happiness , confidence and peace of mind individually and socially? Or does GOD lie?

The penny may drop yet? Who knows.
Those who know that GOD guides through the message will stick to Qoran like glue.
May the Lord support and help the believers.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]