Author Topic: resul as non-specific and eRresul as specific form in Quran  (Read 171 times)

Safe_from_sweden

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
resul as non-specific and eRresul as specific form in Quran
« on: November 15, 2020, 05:09:26 AM »
Peace!

In five places in the Qur'an it is said "aṭīʿū'ullahe ve resul" ie. “listen to God and resul" and in the other five places it says "aṭīʿū'ullahe ve aṭīṭū'ur Resul" ie listen to God and listen to ErResul. Here I see a balance in the expression of the Qur'an. So in five verses it is said only listen on God and "resul" where "resul" is stated in a non-specific form while in the other five places the intensity doubles so it is said "listen to God and listen to ErResul" in a specific form.
This expression "aṭī" contains the letter Ta and ajn. Ta stands for symmetry, similarity, harmony, proportionality. The letter "ajn" stands for what can be seen, grasped by the senses and the intellect. That is why the mind is called عقل "aql" in Arabic .

Here are the verses in order:
3:32, 3: 132, 8: 1, 8:20, 8:46 aṭīʿū'ullahe ve resul)
4:59, 5:92, 24:54, 47:33, 64:12 (aṭīʿū'ullahe ve aṭīʿū'urResul)

At 50:45 it is said, "We know what they are saying. You cannot force them, but remind the Qur'an of one who fears My threats!"

And then we have a verse 3:81 which I will mention but whose analysis I am still working on. This is how it is usually translated
"God has taken from every nebiyya to which Kitab has revealed and given knowledge - a commitment: 'When then a resul (non-specific form) comes to you that will confirm that what you have is true, you will surely believe and help him in a safe way? Do you agree to accept that you commit to Me? '- They replied:' We agree! ' "Then be witnesses," he would say, "and I will testify with you."

Based on the Qur'an, the one who got "resul" is among the "murselin". In Surah Ja-sin it is said to Mohammed a.s. "inneke le minel murselin" i.e. you are truly one of these messengers.

These first 10 verses mentioned above apply to all and Muhammad a.s. with. The question arises what does "resul" mean when it is quoted in a non-specific form and what is meant by "ErResul" in the specific form that the Qur'an quotes?

Anyone thought of that before?

May God increase your knowledge.

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: resul as non-specific and eRresul as specific form in Quran
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:09:25 AM »
Salam safe_from_sweden,

Interesting topic!

Per my checking on the 10 verses you mentioned, if I may summarize it will be as below:

Specific (The Messenger), without obey in front of it
Obey The God and The Messenger
3:32 3:132

Specific (His Messenger), without obey in front of it
Obey The God and His Messenger
8:1 8:20 8:46

Specific (The Messenger), with obey in front of it
Obey The God and obey The Messenger
4:59 5:92 24:54 47:33 64:12

I don't know the difference in signification when there is "obey" in front of it vs  without "obey" in front of it.

Would love to hear from others who might have researched in this area.

Wassalam,

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 10:00:38 PM »
Peace!

In five places in the Qur'an it is said "aṭīʿū'ullahe ve resul" ie. “listen to God and resul" and in the other five places it says "aṭīʿū'ullahe ve aṭīṭū'ur Resul" ie listen to God and listen to ErResul. Here I see a balance in the expression of the Qur'an. So in five verses it is said only listen on God and "resul" where "resul" is stated in a non-specific form while in the other five places the intensity doubles so it is said "listen to God and listen to ErResul" in a specific form.
This expression "aṭī" contains the letter Ta and ajn. Ta stands for symmetry, similarity, harmony, proportionality. The letter "ajn" stands for what can be seen, grasped by the senses and the intellect. That is why the mind is called عقل "aql" in Arabic .

Here are the verses in order:
3:32, 3: 132, 8: 1, 8:20, 8:46 aṭīʿū'ullahe ve resul)
4:59, 5:92, 24:54, 47:33, 64:12 (aṭīʿū'ullahe ve aṭīʿū'urResul)

At 50:45 it is said, "We know what they are saying. You cannot force them, but remind the Qur'an of one who fears My threats!"

And then we have a verse 3:81 which I will mention but whose analysis I am still working on. This is how it is usually translated
"God has taken from every nebiyya to which Kitab has revealed and given knowledge - a commitment: 'When then a resul (non-specific form) comes to you that will confirm that what you have is true, you will surely believe and help him in a safe way? Do you agree to accept that you commit to Me? '- They replied:' We agree! ' "Then be witnesses," he would say, "and I will testify with you."

Based on the Qur'an, the one who got "resul" is among the "murselin". In Surah Ja-sin it is said to Mohammed a.s. "inneke le minel murselin" i.e. you are truly one of these messengers.

These first 10 verses mentioned above apply to all and Muhammad a.s. with. The question arises what does "resul" mean when it is quoted in a non-specific form and what is meant by "ErResul" in the specific form that the Qur'an quotes?

Anyone thought of that before?

May God increase your knowledge.
To understand this,  we first should take into consideration that Messenger in entire Quran not  as person and his personal opinions but the message of God.. So messenger is equal to SPEACH of God.. Based on that observe the difference in these three ways of addressing...

Obey Allah and the Messenger is related with directly disbelievers or  those not yet surrendered (muslim) while Messenger was living ... But it may differ in non commanding verses.. Then it can refer all believers regardless of time..

Obey Allah and His Messenger is attached with believers that also while Messenger was alive... But it may differ in non commanding verses.. Then it can refer all believers regardless of time

Obey Allah and Obey the messenger is addressing both disblievers and believers individually or separately and not restricted only to while the Messenger was alive ... Such verses are common to anyone even now..

First two groups are only concerned with then community.. But not in non commanding verses... When started with "Obey" it is a command ...

Once the Message is complete, anyone can be a messenger who heralds the message of God...
That's my take....

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 01:59:43 AM »
To understand this,  we first should take into consideration that Messenger in entire Quran not  as person and his personal opinions but the message of God.. So messenger is equal to SPEACH of God.. Based on that observe the difference in these three ways of addressing...

Obey Allah and the Messenger is related with directly disbelievers or  those not yet surrendered (muslim) while Messenger was living ... But it may differ in non commanding verses.. Then it can refer all believers regardless of time..

Obey Allah and His Messenger is attached with believers that also while Messenger was alive... But it may differ in non commanding verses.. Then it can refer all believers regardless of time

Obey Allah and Obey the messenger is addressing both disblievers and believers individually or separately and not restricted only to while the Messenger was alive ... Such verses are common to anyone even now..

First two groups are only concerned with then community.. But not in non commanding verses... When started with "Obey" it is a command ...

Once the Message is complete, anyone can be a messenger who heralds the message of God...
That's my take....

Don't take the above as anything other than my incomplete research.. I may be totally wrong... Just do your research and furnish so I may correct my self...