News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What are the" basics" from the messengers ?

Started by good logic, April 19, 2020, 06:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

good logic

Peace All.
A new era is starting during these troubled days of covid19. If only all of us humans could reflect and go back to learn a lesson from another era, the one that started with Noah.
Let us forget about the similarity of the two eras for a bit and concentrate on the message of Noah who warned a world ,not dissimilar to ours, about the basics for a harmonious and happy life!

So we discuss so many topics about Salat, Sawm, Zakat, Hajj ,yet ignore the basics that are common and important to life in our planet?.
Let us go back to basics first:
What was Noah s message and Adam before him. Let me quote some extract then give a link for reflection and discussion. Thank you for reading and your interest to find out more:

"There is an ancient teaching that has no houses of worship, no priests, no conversion ceremony. No one needs to abandon his or her heritage to embrace it; only to return, to dig deep, back to the essential truths that are buried within every belief system known to humankind and to discard the outer layers that may have distorted its message.

You may have heard of this teaching, preserved and transmitted over the millennia by the Jewish People —although it is older even than that ancient nation: That all religions sprouted from a single seed and share a single root."

According to this tradition, Noah, the father of us all, planted that seed, a gift he received from the Creator of All Things. It is based on a set of laws he had received from Adam, renewed and expanded for Noah's time. It is a guide from beyond to show humankind how to create a sustainable world that would never again face destruction.

The power behind these laws is that none of us made them up. You could say they're from "outside the system." That's important. Because, as everyone knows, no system can support itself.

Think about it:

Can you make a perpetual motion machine? No. Because a machine can't run itself.

Can you make a system of logic with no assumptions? No. Because logic can't explain itself.

Can humankind determine how to live together in peace and harmony for all time? No. Because we didn't put ourselves here. We need to tap into something beyond us, infinitely higher than us, to do that.

We need a set of principles based not on human reason, but on the essential sanctity of life and justice. So here are seven laws that are not relative truths that can change as society changes. They are absolutes; solid ground upon which the world can firmly stand.

The Seven Laws of Noah:

1. Embrace the Relevance of Oneness. (GOD is one, absolute. The only power capable of total justice.)
I will leave you to browse and read the rest here if you wish:
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/4157474/jewish/Seven-Laws-for-a-Beautiful-Planet.htm

Some may already be familiar with it, others may find it interesting. Your taking part is welcomed.
GOD bless you all and keep you safe.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

good logic

Peace All.
Just to clarify, I am simply trying to quote Qoran, from the most important angle of "Sirat Al Muustaqueem". Linking what agrees with Qoran does not mean I am agreeing with all the views of the writer/s of the link.
What matters to me is the deeds and conduct of the individual and society to live a harmonuous life.
Qran says it better than I ever can:
All from Surah 17:
Whoever is guided, is guided for his own good, and whoever goes astray does so to his own detriment. No sinner will bear the sins of anyone else. We never punish without first sending a messenger.
مَنِ اهتَدىٰ فَإِنَّما يَهتَدى لِنَفسِهِ وَمَن ضَلَّ فَإِنَّما يَضِلُّ عَلَيها وَلا تَزِرُ وازِرَةٌ وِزرَ أُخرىٰ وَما كُنّا مُعَذِّبينَ حَتّىٰ نَبعَثَ رَسولًا
If we are to annihilate any community, we let the leaders commit vast corruption therein. Once they deserve retribution, we annihilate it completely.
وَإِذا أَرَدنا أَن نُهلِكَ قَريَةً أَمَرنا مُترَفيها فَفَسَقوا فيها فَحَقَّ عَلَيهَا القَولُ فَدَمَّرنٰها تَدميرًا
Many a generation have we annihilated after Noah. Your Lord is most efficient in dealing with the sins of His servants; He is fully Cognizant, Seer.
وَكَم أَهلَكنا مِنَ القُرونِ مِن بَعدِ نوحٍ وَكَفىٰ بِرَبِّكَ بِذُنوبِ عِبادِهِ خَبيرًا بَصيرًا

Anyone who chooses this fleeting life as his priority, we will rush to him what we decide to give him, then we commit him to Gehenna, where he suffers forever, despised and defeated.
مَن كانَ يُريدُ العاجِلَةَ عَجَّلنا لَهُ فيها ما نَشاءُ لِمَن نُريدُ ثُمَّ جَعَلنا لَهُ جَهَنَّمَ يَصلىٰها مَذمومًا مَدحورًا
As for those who choose the Hereafter as their priority, and work righteousness, while believing, their efforts will be appreciated.
وَمَن أَرادَ الـٔاخِرَةَ وَسَعىٰ لَها سَعيَها وَهُوَ مُؤمِنٌ فَأُولٰئِكَ كانَ سَعيُهُم مَشكورًا
For each one of them we provide; we provide for those and these from your Lord's bounties. Your Lord's bounties are inexhaustible.
كُلًّا نُمِدُّ هٰؤُلاءِ وَهٰؤُلاءِ مِن عَطاءِ رَبِّكَ وَما كانَ عَطاءُ رَبِّكَ مَحظورًا
Note how we preferred some people above others (in this life). The differences in the Hereafter are far greater and far more significant.
انظُر كَيفَ فَضَّلنا بَعضَهُم عَلىٰ بَعضٍ وَلَلـٔاخِرَةُ أَكبَرُ دَرَجٰتٍ وَأَكبَرُ تَفضيلًا

Now here they are, the major Commandments
You shall not set up any other god beside God, lest you end up despised and disgraced.
لا تَجعَل مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلٰهًا ءاخَرَ فَتَقعُدَ مَذمومًا مَخذولًا
Your Lord has decreed that you shall not  serve/follow/worship except Him, and your parents shall be honored. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably.
وَقَضىٰ رَبُّكَ أَلّا تَعبُدوا إِلّا إِيّاهُ وَبِالوٰلِدَينِ إِحسٰنًا إِمّا يَبلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُما أَو كِلاهُما فَلا تَقُل لَهُما أُفٍّ وَلا تَنهَرهُما وَقُل لَهُما قَولًا كَريمًا
And lower for them the wings of humility, and kindness, and say, "My Lord, have mercy on them, for they have raised me from infancy."
وَاخفِض لَهُما جَناحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحمَةِ وَقُل رَبِّ ارحَمهُما كَما رَبَّيانى صَغيرًا

Your Lord is fully aware of your innermost thoughts. If you maintain righteousness, He is Forgiver of those who repent.
رَبُّكُم أَعلَمُ بِما فى نُفوسِكُم إِن تَكونوا صٰلِحينَ فَإِنَّهُ كانَ لِلأَوّٰبينَ غَفورًا
You shall give the due alms to the relatives, the needy, the poor, and the traveling alien, but do not be excessive, extravagant.
وَءاتِ ذَا القُربىٰ حَقَّهُ وَالمِسكينَ وَابنَ السَّبيلِ وَلا تُبَذِّر تَبذيرًا
The extravagant are brethren of the devils, and the devil is unappreciative of his Lord.
إِنَّ المُبَذِّرينَ كانوا إِخوٰنَ الشَّيٰطينِ وَكانَ الشَّيطٰنُ لِرَبِّهِ كَفورًا
Even if you have to turn away from them, as you pursue the mercy of your Lord, you shall treat them in the nicest manner.
وَإِمّا تُعرِضَنَّ عَنهُمُ ابتِغاءَ رَحمَةٍ مِن رَبِّكَ تَرجوها فَقُل لَهُم قَولًا مَيسورًا

You shall not keep your hand stingily tied to your neck, nor shall you foolishly open it up, lest you end up blamed and sorry.
وَلا تَجعَل يَدَكَ مَغلولَةً إِلىٰ عُنُقِكَ وَلا تَبسُطها كُلَّ البَسطِ فَتَقعُدَ مَلومًا مَحسورًا
For your Lord increases the provision for anyone He chooses, and reduces it. He is fully Cognizant of His creatures, Seer.
إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَبسُطُ الرِّزقَ لِمَن يَشاءُ وَيَقدِرُ إِنَّهُ كانَ بِعِبادِهِ خَبيرًا بَصيرًا

You shall not kill your children due to fear of poverty. We provide for them, as well as for you. Killing them is a gross offense.
وَلا تَقتُلوا أَولٰدَكُم خَشيَةَ إِملٰقٍ نَحنُ نَرزُقُهُم وَإِيّاكُم إِنَّ قَتلَهُم كانَ خِطـًٔا كَبيرًا
You shall not commit adultery; it is a gross sin, and an evil behavior.
وَلا تَقرَبُوا الزِّنىٰ إِنَّهُ كانَ فٰحِشَةً وَساءَ سَبيلًا
You shall not kill any person - for God has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. If one is killed unjustly, then we give his heir authority to enforce justice. Thus, he shall not exceed the limits in avenging the murder, he will be helped.
وَلا تَقتُلُوا النَّفسَ الَّتى حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلّا بِالحَقِّ وَمَن قُتِلَ مَظلومًا فَقَد جَعَلنا لِوَلِيِّهِ سُلطٰنًا فَلا يُسرِف فِى القَتلِ إِنَّهُ كانَ مَنصورًا
You shall not touch the orphans' money except for their own good, until they reach maturity. You shall fulfill your covenants, for a covenant is a great responsibility.
وَلا تَقرَبوا مالَ اليَتيمِ إِلّا بِالَّتى هِىَ أَحسَنُ حَتّىٰ يَبلُغَ أَشُدَّهُ وَأَوفوا بِالعَهدِ إِنَّ العَهدَ كانَ مَسـٔولًا
You shall give full measure when you trade, and weigh equitably. This is better and more righteous.
وَأَوفُوا الكَيلَ إِذا كِلتُم وَزِنوا بِالقِسطاسِ المُستَقيمِ ذٰلِكَ خَيرٌ وَأَحسَنُ تَأويلًا

You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.
وَلا تَقفُ ما لَيسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلمٌ إِنَّ السَّمعَ وَالبَصَرَ وَالفُؤادَ كُلُّ أُولٰئِكَ كانَ عَنهُ مَسـٔولًا
You shall not walk proudly on earth - you cannot bore through the earth, nor can you be as tall as the mountains.
وَلا تَمشِ فِى الأَرضِ مَرَحًا إِنَّكَ لَن تَخرِقَ الأَرضَ وَلَن تَبلُغَ الجِبالَ طولًا
All bad behaviour is condemned by your Lord
كُلُّ ذٰلِكَ كانَ سَيِّئُهُ عِندَ رَبِّكَ مَكروهًا

This is some of the wisdom inspired to you by your Lord. You shall not set up another god beside God, lest you end up in Gehenna, blamed and defeated.
ذٰلِكَ مِمّا أَوحىٰ إِلَيكَ رَبُّكَ مِنَ الحِكمَةِ وَلا تَجعَل مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلٰهًا ءاخَرَ فَتُلقىٰ فى جَهَنَّمَ مَلومًا مَدحورًا
We have cited in this Quran (all kinds of examples), that they may take heed. ...
وَلَقَد صَرَّفنا فى هٰذَا القُرءانِ لِيَذَّكَّروا وَما يَزيدُهُم إِلّا نُفورًا

Just to clarify any misunderstanding or intention of the thread.
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

good logic

Starting from this basic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=RVOxUqLeswc

If you want to add Salah or Zakat or...  why not?
GOD bless.
Peace.

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Jafar

Quote from: good logic on April 19, 2020, 06:48:16 AM
Let us go back to basics first:
What was Noah s message and Adam before him. Let me quote some extract then give a link for reflection and discussion. Thank you for reading and your interest to find out more:

According to this tradition, Noah, the father of us all, planted that seed, a gift he received from the Creator of All Things. It is based on a set of laws he had received from Adam, renewed and expanded for Noah's time. It is a guide from beyond to show humankind how to create a sustainable world that would never again face destruction.

Agree on back to basic but.......
Fear of destruction hmm..  appealing message for the ego.

Verily destruction is imminent, destruction is natural... just like creation is natural... it just a matter of time.

All the things that you're identifying yourself with will get destroyed and shall be gone... sooner or later.
Your physical body, your religion, your holy book, your wealth, your home, your family, your ethnicity, your race, your nationality, your species, your planet, your universe.

And it is nobody's fault thus nobody should be blamed for it, because that's just the way it works in this universe.

The consistent message that appear from time to time, from ancient to now and perhaps shall continue up to the future are:

1. This universe is in unified harmony, as one creator defined it and it / he is infinite, that's why there is only one creator in the first place.

2. This universe, albeit lovely, is an illusion, anything inside of it is subject to continuous changes, subject to each own lifecycle of birth / creation and death / destruction. And so does the universe itself, it will one day shall arrived at it's own death and destruction.

3. As such don't get too attached to it or any elements of it, especially the figure that you see in front of the mirror and any identity that he/she has identified him/her self with. As can be witnessed through each day passed, that figure in the mirror is also subject to continuous changes and one day that figure in the mirror will also meet his/her death / destruction.

4. You are actually 'more than' that figure that you see in the mirror or any identity that he/has identified him/her self with. But feel blessed that you are now in that figure, thus you can experience many things and hopefully you can derive good lessons from those experiences in order for you to evolve further, hopefully for the better.

good logic

Peace Jafar.
You say,quote:

"Fear of destruction hmm..  appealing message for the ego.

Verily destruction is imminent, destruction is natural... just like creation is natural... it just a matter of time."

According to this tradition. i.e  not my view/opinion.
I agree that everything will be gone and renewal is necessary. Nothing lasts in this experience of ours.
I did say I do not agree with all of it like I do not agree with all of your views and you do not agree with all of mine. There is disagreement for sure. like there might be some agreement. It  does not matter now in this life,in the end we will all agree that it was for a very good reason.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

Jafar

Quote from: good logic on October 02, 2020, 09:38:23 AM
I did say I do not agree with all of it like I do not agree with all of your views and you do not agree with all of mine. There is disagreement for sure. like there might be some agreement. It  does not matter now in this life,in the end we will all agree that it was for a very good reason.

Indeed, just like in symphony, each need to play it's role thus a contrast can be seen and recognized.

Fear is a catalyst for courage.
Pride is a catalyst for humility.
Hatred is a catalyst for love.

But don't get too attached with the role you play, as one day, when the symphony is over, everyone need to come home and it's the same home for everyone.

good logic

Attachment  is a natural instinct from a baby to old age. Humans use it to survive..It is who we rely on for support and safety that is the issue
Behaviour cycles good and bad  are from attachment and its cycle.
Attachment to GOD relieves all sufferings.

GOD is the the safest and most consistent in looking after His servants.
GOD bless.
Peace.