Author Topic: Most people will go to Hell  (Read 3397 times)

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Most people will go to Hell
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »
Peace Sister Sarah,
you read right most humans & jinn will enter hell, there is no doubt about it, not because God is unjust, but because He is being denied by them.
If you take a survey, most people have an idea of God that is erroneous, laced with idolatry, or anthropomorphism, God is beyond that, & that is what He conveys in Qur'an, & to a lesser degree in Tanakh/Torah.
My lineage is mixed, Arab/Jew/Ottoman/Berber, this helped me not to align myself with any particular ethnic or religious group, though I used to gravitate around Sunni, New Age & pop psychology groups in my 20's & 30's.
The more I grow old, the less interested I become of cleavage people identify with, i.e. groupings, & more interested with my relationship with Allah alone, it pains me that there are most people I know who are fodder for Hell, but there is nothing I can do about it but be a warner & bearer of glad tidings for those who believe.
Does this sound familiar, it should be because this is what Allah exactly instructs of the Believers.
When we die, we will be cut out from causality, & only what matters will be our past affiliations & stands we took, & we will only be judged by our actions.
Death is a very lonely business, we will be cut out from the groups, but also from causality that gave us our narrative.
But ultimately the only narrative that matters to Allah, & by extension & commandments to the Believers is what we did to make Allah Sovereign on Earth despite all seemingly impossible odds.
This is why I started back in 2011 Twitter & Facebook accounts, of course I react to events in it, but I try my best to link the stories to Allah's control of events, be it obvious or hidden.
Take the #COVID19 pandemic or Donald Trump, or Putin & his Parkinson's disease diagnostic, there is plenty to see the Hand of Allah shaping events & the duty of a Believer is to highlight that, perchance some with be affected & heed their Creator & submit to Him so they also gain salvation,
Salam & Peace
Nabil H
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 12:32:26 AM »
Peace theNabster.
You say, quote:

"My lineage is mixed, Arab/Jew/Ottoman/Berber, this helped me not to align myself with any particular ethnic or religious group, though I used to gravitate around Sunni, New Age & pop psychology groups in my 20's & 30's.

Are you originally from north Africa?
Just curious brother because I know  few friends from Algeria who now live in Manchester who have similar lineage .
 North Africa has been  inhabited originally by Berbers,  After the Roman  stay there, the Arabs took over, followed by the Spanish  and a lot of Jews from Spain emigrated there ,then followed the Ottomans, then the French.
I joke with them, saying that since Empires were lining up to take over one after another, you decided to leave it to them and get out!!

Sister Sarah one thing for sure, also all those who oppress people ,steal their places and livelihood  treat them like dirt and take their life and dignity deserve hell. Unless they repent and reform of course. So you can add them to the list of "the majority".
As for "jinn's" I do not know (or aware)  of any of them, but Qoran also says the majority of them are rebels and deserve hell like their counterparts(Kareens) the humans.
I was going to say you can add me to your list. I feel like that sometimes-I certainly have it in me to be a rebel- but I am trying to save myself .
Hope you and the brothers and sisters save yourselves from that horrible state.
GOD bless you both.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 11:05:23 AM »
Well we know that if you've read and reject the Quran you're not someone who "believes and does good work"

47:9, Qur'an
That is because they disliked what God sent down, so He rendered their deeds worthless.

47:2 - 3, Qur'an
[But] those who believe and do righteous deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He will remove their misdeeds from them and amend their condition. That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, and those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus, God sets forth their comparisons to the people.

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 11:09:29 AM »
Saying you believe in God but dont believe in His scriptures is like saying you believe in some person but dont believe what they say.

19_submission

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 11:35:14 AM »
Peace be upon you!

The only legitimate crime that values in this life and the hereafter is disbelief in the Almighty. All other "crimes" have only meaning in this worldly life. Disbelieving people/transgressors are evil and wicked in the perspective of God. The only thing that matters, in the end, is our commitment to our Creator.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Lord, grant me sound judgement and include me with the righteous. And grant me an honourable mention among those who are to follow. And make me among the inheritors of the Garden of Bliss. 26:83-85
Peace,
19_submission

19_submission

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »
For example, traditional Sunnis may 'mislead from God's path' using Hadith, but it doesn't necessarily mean all Sunnis are destined for Hell. It depends on how they lived their lives. The same applies to non-Muslims according to 2:62 and 5:69.

Peace be upon you!

Allow me to refute your claim. (6:116) is one of the verses where God tells us that the majority will end up in hell either because of disbelief or shirk.

These following verses also confirm the matter:

[6:116] If you were to obey the majority of those in the earth, they will mislead you away from the path of God. They follow nothing but conjecture; they only guess.

[12:103] The majority of people, no matter how eager you may be, are not believers.

[12:106] The majority of those who believe in God do not do so without committing shirk.

[7:48] Your large numbers did not avail you, nor did your arrogance!

[38:82-83] He said, "By Your majesty, I will lead them all astray, except for Your pure servants among them."

[34:20] Satan has indeed confirmed his thoughts about them to be true, for they followed him except for a group of believers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Our Lord, in You we trust. To You we turn, and to You is the ultimate destination. Our Lord, do not make of us a means for testing those who disbelieved, and forgive us. Our Lord, You are the Dignified, the Wise. 60:4-5
Peace,
19_submission

aqua

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 01:20:19 PM »
Saying you believe in God but dont believe in His scriptures is like saying you believe in some person but dont believe what they say.

There's a difference between believing that the overall message of a scripture is true and believing that all the rules and rituals in the scripture have to be applied in the same way as the time of revelation. The Qur'an never claims that its rules and rituals are intended to be timeless and applied more than 1400 years in the future. The main message of the Quran is about belief in God and doing good.

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »
There's a difference between believing that the overall message of a scripture is true and believing that all the rules and rituals in the scripture have to be applied in the same way as the time of revelation. The Qur'an never claims that its rules and rituals are intended to be timeless and applied more than 1400 years in the future. The main message of the Quran is about belief in God and doing good.
You just proved my point that you're picking and choosing what you want to believe which isnt believing in God. It's like saying you believe someone but dont believe what they tell you to do.

aqua

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2020, 03:15:04 PM »
You just proved my point that you're picking and choosing what you want to believe which isnt believing in God. It's like saying you believe someone but dont believe what they tell you to do.

Where does it say in the Qur'an that its rules and rituals are timeless and meant for all times in the future?

aqua

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 09:15:17 PM »
Peace be upon you!

Allow me to refute your claim. (6:116) is one of the verses where God tells us that the majority will end up in hell either because of disbelief or shirk.

These following verses also confirm the matter:

[6:116] If you were to obey the majority of those in the earth, they will mislead you away from the path of God. They follow nothing but conjecture; they only guess.

[12:103] The majority of people, no matter how eager you may be, are not believers.

[12:106] The majority of those who believe in God do not do so without committing shirk.

[7:48] Your large numbers did not avail you, nor did your arrogance!

[38:82-83] He said, "By Your majesty, I will lead them all astray, except for Your pure servants among them."

[34:20] Satan has indeed confirmed his thoughts about them to be true, for they followed him except for a group of believers.

The current demographics of atheism/disbelief is not the same as that during the time of the Qur'an. Today, less than 10% of the world's population disbelieves in God. This is not a majority by any means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

It's worth remembering that the Qur'an was revealed in a completely different time era with very different socio-economic, political and religious demographics. Many of the rules, rituals and social references in the Qur'an are therefore obsolete and no longer applicable.