Sarah

Peace

Quranically speaking of course...

I am great
I am powerful
I am strong
I am unique
I am successful

If you say to yourself you're great, you'll attempt to do great things which over time will make you great. If you say you're successful, you'll attempt to succeed which over time will probably make you succeed.

This attitude is designed to help you overcome fear of failure because if you believe you're strong and powerful, a bunch of failures are not going to stop you from attempting to achieve your potential. If you keep fighting through the failures, they'll be your stepping stones to success. Rome wasn't built in a day.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Cerberus

Simple thought experiment to understand the subject you're talking about, from Emile Coué:

" Suppose that we place on the ground a plank 30 feet long by 1 foot wide. It is evident that everybody will be capable of going from one end to the other of this plank without stepping over the edge. But now change the conditions of the experiment, and imagine this plank placed at the height of the towers of a cathedral. Who then will be capable of advancing even a few feet along this narrow path? Could you hear me speak? Probably not. Before you had taken two steps you would begin to tremble, and in spite of every effort of your will you would be certain to fall to the ground.

Why is it then that you would not fall if the plank is on the ground, and why should you fall if it is raised to a height above the ground? Simply because in the first case you imagine that it is easy to go to the end of this plank, while in the second case you imagine that you cannot do so.

Notice that your will is powerless to make you advance; if you imagine that you cannot, it is absolutely impossible for you to do so. If tilers and carpenters are able to accomplish this feat, it is because they think they can do it."

See http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27203/27203-h/27203-h.htm

amin

Nice question, Being positive really helps, but Quranically speaking, I think we do in moderation everything.
I think the real truth is we are part of everything, without us, things will move, things are at peace, things are in harmony, so nothing is great except the source of all these. Thank Him and do our duty is the best thing in life and thats we call Salat.

Jafar

Quote from: Sarah on October 06, 2020, 07:46:37 AM
This attitude is designed to help you overcome fear of failure because if you believe you're strong and powerful, a bunch of failures are not going to stop you from attempting to achieve your potential. If you keep fighting through the failures, they'll be your stepping stones to success. Rome wasn't built in a day.

"Giving birth and nourishing, having without possessing,
Acting with no expectations, leading and not trying to control:
This is the supreme virtue.

Hope and fear are both phantoms that arise from thinking of the self.
When we don't see the self as self, what do we have to fear?"

-- Lao Tse

If the objective is to overcome the fear of failure, then do something that you love as such you don't care too much about the results. Thus you shall never experienced any failure.

- Playing basketball not to win the game but because you love to play basketball, thus whether you win or lose in the game, doesn't matter as in either case you've played basketball.
- Selling orange juice not to become rich but because you love to give refreshment to others, the money you earn is viewed as a token of gratitude from your customer.
- Working without expecting an award, thus whether it's you or everybody else who actually won the award doesn't really matter much to you.

Find the things that you love to do and do it.
As such by doing itself you will feel happy and doesn't care too much about the results.
You shall then never experienced any failure.
Failure (or success) is due to your own expectation.

PS: Rome wasn't built in a day but it was sacked, looted and destroyed in a day.

good logic

Peace Sarah.
It is good to set ourselves a challenge and have a clear aim daily.Small or big ,it does not really matter because one can increase or decrease the challenge.
However , we need boundaries  so that the outcome will be to become"  A BETTER PERSON"  at the end.

Things to have in our challenge can include daily:
-Exercise for both the body and the mind.
-At least one act of kindness/help/love for another person .
-Dropping the negatives like I do not have time, I can t be bothered,I feel lazy thoughts,...
-Be happy /find a happy way to do the job you have contracted to do. Or change it.
- Build a nest of happiness with your family and friends and enjoy ;share some time in their company.
- Read/learn/study at least a couple of hours .
- Say "No" with a "yes" attitude". like" I would love to but.. i.e in the nicest possible manner.

See where the challenge will take each day and tweek or stay the course.
Best of luck to all of us.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]