Author Topic: Can God forget?  (Read 2086 times)

muqeem

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Can God forget?
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:15:52 PM »
hello,

I was reading this verse,  فَالْيَوْمَ نَنسَاهُمْ كَمَا نَسُواْ لِقَاءَ يَوْمِهِمْ 7:51 people who forgot god in this world god will forget them in the hereafter, and thinking 'can god forget?'

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
Re: Can God forget?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 01:39:23 AM »
Peace muqeem.
Welcome.
About your query, it sounds to me like this example:
"Because you forgot to do your work(voluntarily without a good reason), I am going to forget paying you". i.e you do not deserve your pay.
 There is a difference here ,it is not an actual "forget" as in cannot remember.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:32:16 AM »
salam

The God does not forget anything

He created everything even the tiny pebble lost deep underground ... literally everything and also literally nothing happens without His permission

He does not need angels or anyone to record anything.. it is a system He created only

He needs nothing and no one

when He says He will forget the disbelievers and wrongdoers i understand He means He will not have mercy on them and will discard them

The God is the owner of ALL and EVERYTHING, there is just Him and none else and He knows everything including past present and future (it is He who permits the “future” to even happen)

so no, The God forgets nothing

and so we need to strive to do good even if it is the size of a pebble (but we should aim
to do good without limit with His permission :) )... everything is known to Him

peace :)

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:27:39 AM »
Salam

Whatever! But there are certain things which God cannot do. For example, He CANNOT sleep, He CANNOT weep, He CANNOT dream, He CANNOT eat or drink etc. So God cannot do what we and other creatures CAN do. This makes us better than God. So, There is no God but Allah! This does not mean that AL-LAH a God.
Peace!

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 12:04:14 PM »
Peace TellMeTheTruth.
All you are saying  is that GOD cannot be a human or an animal(Dabba). But we already know that.
Remember there is a difference between "cannot do" the things you mention and "does not need to do" them.

GOD bless you.
Peace.

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »
Peace TellMeTheTruth.
All you are saying  is that GOD cannot be a human or an animal(Dabba). But we already know that.
Remember there is a difference between "cannot do" the things you mention and "does not need to do" them.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Salam!
All i want to say is that AL-LAH ال لاہ is not equal to God, the god or Al-ILAH ال الہ.
There is simply NO ILAH/GOD.
Peace

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 09:37:01 AM »
What is there then? Or are you saying you do not believe there is a GOD?
This thread is about a  "can GOD forget" query, not "is there a GOD?
Perhaps you posted in the wrong thread?
GOD bless you.
Peace.

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 10:40:17 AM »
Salam!
When there is no God لا الہ then you again put a "the God" which is a joke.
No god/God means no god/God. Simple.
When there is no god/God or GOD then the question is wrong so every answer would be wrong too.
People need to worship a god/God/GOD so they would have atleast one for their own. They would make AL-LAH=AL-ILAH.
Peace!

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
Peace.
Who is this then?:

كَيفَ تَكفُرونَ بِاللَّهِ وَكُنتُم أَموٰتًا فَأَحيٰكُم ثُمَّ يُميتُكُم ثُمَّ يُحييكُم ثُمَّ إِلَيهِ تُرجَعونَ

This  اللَّهَ  in the verse below
Recall that you said, "O Moses, we will not believe unless we see God, physically." Consequently, the lightning struck you, as you looked.
وَإِذ قُلتُم يٰموسىٰ لَن نُؤمِنَ لَكَ حَتّىٰ نَرَى اللَّهَ جَهرَةً فَأَخَذَتكُمُ الصّٰعِقَةُ وَأَنتُم تَنظُرونَ

Or may be you cut sentences into two and you ignore "Except   اللَّهَ "
So of course "there is no god except  اللَّهَ "
GOD bless you.
Peace.

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 10:56:22 PM »
Peace.
Who is this then?:

كَيفَ تَكفُرونَ بِاللَّهِ وَكُنتُم أَموٰتًا فَأَحيٰكُم ثُمَّ يُميتُكُم ثُمَّ يُحييكُم ثُمَّ إِلَيهِ تُرجَعونَ

This  اللَّهَ  in the verse below
Recall that you said, "O Moses, we will not believe unless we see God, physically." Consequently, the lightning struck you, as you looked.
وَإِذ قُلتُم يٰموسىٰ لَن نُؤمِنَ لَكَ حَتّىٰ نَرَى اللَّهَ جَهرَةً فَأَخَذَتكُمُ الصّٰعِقَةُ وَأَنتُم تَنظُرونَ

Or may be you cut sentences into two and you ignore "Except   اللَّهَ "
So of course "there is no god except  اللَّهَ "
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Salam!
Brother! You want a debate coz you don't see with your own eyes. Ayats you referred are for another discussion topic.
Were you dead when Allah gave you life? How and when did you die earlier? Then you died again and He gave you life. Then again you will approach Him. Do you live and die once or die for three times? Refer to 40:11 also.
In other ayat, the request was accepted or rejected? If rejected then why they were shown صاعقۃ? Was it apunishment? Then why In the next ayah they were resurrected. Is resurrection بعث is in this life or in the other? Why they were given من و سلوی. You will present All but traditions.

Please show an ayah in which Allah says that He is a god/God/GOD or a deity to worship. Refer to 20:98 saheeh international.
Your god is only Allah, except "for whom there is no deity". He has encompassed all things in knowledge."
what does لا الہ mean? For Him is no god except He. He who? Translateالذی لا الہ الا ھو
Translators are always confused and they confuse you too. Thanks!
Peace!