News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Magic tricks, dark magic and watching magicians perform

Started by Sarah, September 01, 2020, 09:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

Are magic tricks haram for example tricks that anybody can do such as card tricks? I've done simple 'magic' tricks before and I didn't feel it was wrong because I didn't harm myself or anyone else.

But I know there's apparently 'black/ dark magic' which I guess is occult magic where they summon demons to help them perform that type of magic. I've read random extracts of dark magic books found in videos and online. So apparently according to those books, the whole you-need-a-demon to perform dark magic is true. I've never done that type of stuff. Is this the type of magic outlawed in the Qur'an?

Also, is watching magic shows haram? The buyers of magic will not have a share of the hereafter. So if I buy a dvd for instance of a magician performing magic, does that mean that I'm a buyer of magic? I just enjoy watching magic shows because it's so out of the ordinary.

'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Jafar

Quote from: Sarah on September 01, 2020, 09:05:59 PM
Are magic tricks haram for example tricks that anybody can do such as card tricks?
Why it is so?

QuoteI've done simple 'magic' tricks before and I didn't feel it was wrong because I didn't harm myself or anyone else.

So it is..

QuoteBut I know there's apparently 'black/ dark magic' which I guess is occult magic where they summon demons to help them perform that type of magic. I've read random extracts of dark magic books found in videos and online. So apparently according to those books, the whole you-need-a-demon to perform dark magic is true. I've never done that type of stuff.

Since you know it already, may you explain what is this 'black magic'?
How it works?
And why do you think it should be outlawed?

QuoteAlso, is watching magic shows haram? The buyers of magic will not have a share of the hereafter. So if I buy a dvd for instance of a magician performing magic, does that mean that I'm a buyer of magic? I just enjoy watching magic shows because it's so out of the ordinary.

Why it is so?

amin

In magic shows we know its all tricks, so its all skills of a person that attracts people, so i dont think its Haram,
but in black magic/occult we know its cheating people and away from the belief of God, or it involves knowingly harming others, so I think these are Haram better to stay away from these.

Jafar

Quote from: amin on September 01, 2020, 11:26:25 PM
but in black magic/occult we know its cheating people and away from the belief of God, or it involves knowingly harming others, so I think these are Haram better to stay away from these.

We know?
Well I don't know, that's why I asked.
But since you know it as well I better also asked these questions to you.

1. What is Black Magic?
2. How does it works?
3. Since there is a black; Is there any White magic? It's opposite?
4. If there is how to differentiate between the two?

Cerberus

why not try to learn the logic behind what constitutes "haram" or "halal" and make use of it yourself instead of having to ask everytime is this haram or that halal?

spodacus

Salam,

- Real magicians are politicians using fear and rhetoric to fire up their base and start unholy wars
- Real magicians are advertisers using images and sounds to influence a person to buy something they don't need, and worse, waste their time and money
- Real magicians are fashion designers who convince women that their bodies are no good and to wear promiscuous clothing
- Real magicians are imams/priests/rabbis/yogis who propagate baseless religious rites that do not bring people close to God but only line their pockets
- Real magicians are the wealthy who vilify a poor family as criminals coming to take your money and attack your way of life by illegally crossing a "manmade" border

etc etc hope you get the idea... follow the advise in God's scriptures not the advise of "magicians"

Quote from: Sarah on September 01, 2020, 09:05:59 PM
Peace

Are magic tricks haram for example tricks that anybody can do such as card tricks? I've done simple 'magic' tricks before and I didn't feel it was wrong because I didn't harm myself or anyone else.

But I know there's apparently 'black/ dark magic' which I guess is occult magic where they summon demons to help them perform that type of magic. I've read random extracts of dark magic books found in videos and online. So apparently according to those books, the whole you-need-a-demon to perform dark magic is true. I've never done that type of stuff. Is this the type of magic outlawed in the Qur'an?

Also, is watching magic shows haram? The buyers of magic will not have a share of the hereafter. So if I buy a dvd for instance of a magician performing magic, does that mean that I'm a buyer of magic? I just enjoy watching magic shows because it's so out of the ordinary.

amin

Jafar,

There are so called black magic tantrics, people who claim to do solve people issues, they often ask people to do parihars, the rituals to ward off/avoid evils, they often  claim someone close to them has done evil ritual on the affected person,and the cause of their business in loss, or some diseases etc.. or some evil jinn has affected them, often people with mental problems seek help of these occult tantrics.

Jafar

Quote from: amin on September 02, 2020, 09:26:54 AM
Jafar,

There are so called black magic tantrics, people who claim to do solve people issues, they often ask people to do parihars, the rituals to ward off/avoid evils, they often  claim someone close to them has done evil ritual on the affected person,and the cause of their business in loss, or some diseases etc.. or some evil jinn has affected them, often people with mental problems seek help of these occult tantrics.

Thank you, so in summary these 'black magic practitioner' :

1. Send out FEAR about something that caused the victim's current 'issues', without evidence.
2. Claimed to have a 'solution' that can solve that issue.

That's how "black magic" works?

From my point of view that's how religion works..  :rotfl:

1. Send out FEAR about God's wrath that caused the victim current issues, without evidence.
2. Claimed to have a 'solution' that can solve that issue. (joining the religion, believing in some dead people or ancient books, giving donation to the religion, obeying the religion dogma without questioning and performing the religion rituals which might involved killing some animals or even human to appease the angry God)

Thus is religion = 'black magic' ?

And does these 'black magic practitioners' hate others 'black magic practitioners'? Just like in religion?
Claiming that their 'magic' is superior than others and striving for domination over other 'practitioner'?
Or religion is much worse than black magic because they outlawed other religion and punished anyone who dare to leave their religion with death?

And how about the opposite? is there such thing as 'white magic'?

amin

Jaffar,
1. Send out FEAR about God's wrath that caused the victim current issues, without evidence.
2. Claimed to have a 'solution' that can solve that issue. (joining the religion, believing in some dead people or ancient books, giving donation to the religion, obeying the religion dogma without questioning and performing the religion rituals which might involved killing some animals or even human to appease the angry God)

In a way not only religion, everything can be misused, even science can be misused, doctors creating fear on patients, astronomers creating fear on metorites or about global warming scenario and many more with their limited knowledge. Even governments, 
Finally it ends on how and what we believe.

Sometimes when we dont know the cause, its better to assign it to God(goodness provider or the source) rather than cooking up some false narratives?
and also it depends on what we consider our God to be.
And yes, some take advantage of this and try to sell their stories, with idolization, dogmatic following etc,  but they finally will fall into their own trap, those false narratives will be finally get exposed to the world.

Yes I agree, modern day religions does have a lot of black magic elements.

Jafar

There are two countries with opposite contrast in Korean peninsula.
A. Democratic People's Republic of Korea
B. Republic of Korea

When asked which one is democratic country?
If merely by name, then one will quickly judge A is the democratic country in Korean peninsula.
And outlawed B as the 'bad guy', despot, tyranny and autocratic.

That is why before answering "Which one is democratic country" one better asked the more fundamental questions.
What is a democratic country?
What are the characteristics?
How does it works?

Based on the answer, we should then use the understanding to evaluate which one is the more democratic country in Korean peninsula.
Country A is also known as "North Korea" while Country B is also known as "South Korea".
Certainly country B is more democratic than country A although it has no label of "Democratic" in it's name.
Country A although contain the label of "Democratic" in it's official name, it actually has no characteristics of being democratic whatsoever.

That's the reason why I asked "What is Black Magic", thus we are not trapped merely into 'labeling' but get the real characteristic of "Black Magic" before proceeding further.

If FEAR/THREAT, FRAUD/LIES, PRIDE, DOMINATION, ENVY, HATE, RAGE, GREED, AGGRESSIVE are among the key characteristics of "Black Magic" then certainly we can also see the manifestation of  such characteristic elsewhere although it appears using "DIFFERENT LABELS". (among those label is "Religion")

But there is one of my question left that has not been answered here.
How about the opposite of "Black Magic"? ("White Magic")
Does it exist?
If it does what are it's characteristics?

Understanding characteristics is more important than the label.