Author Topic: DIM supplement for women  (Read 718 times)

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
DIM supplement for women
« on: August 22, 2020, 09:10:09 AM »
DIM (diindolylmethane) is a compound your body makes when you eat cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower etc. You would have to eat like a pound to get the amount found in a supplement though.

The supplement is helpful with balancing hormones. It has been shown to help with estrogen metabolism, helping your body eliminate xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are estrogen imitators from products and the environment that enter your body and cause a bunch of problems. DIM is great for reducing PMS symptoms and can possibly even help prevent breast cancer. It's a popular supplement breast cancer patients take.
You can find all the research on pubmed.

I personally think the NOW foods brand is the best one I've taken.

Virgeva

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: DIM supplement for women
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 06:36:21 AM »
Thanks for recommendation.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 01:39:03 PM »
Other options to help balance estrogen also include: ground flaxseeds, soy, cruciferous vegetables, mushrooms, chamomile tea.
https://nutritionfacts.org/?s=estrogen
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Rallyt

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 06:11:28 PM »
Oh, interesting and useful information! Honestly, I have never heard about this kind of compound like diindolylmethane but I am very thankful that you widened my knowledge... It is really very important to inform ourselves about everything reliable with our bodies because just this way we will be able to take care correctly of them. It is very good to enrich our diets with supplements. However, I hear that using supplements in the form of pills is not the best way. I think it is better to use natural ways like medicinal mushrooms such as you can find here https:.//qitraditions.com which offer our bodies needed substances.