Author Topic: question regarding losing hope  (Read 2197 times)

amin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: question regarding losing hope
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 07:30:33 PM »
Peace Tutifruti,

As I see, it happens to everyone on multiple occasions, I think the force which makes us realize our mistake means, we are still closer to the force, our God.
Life and death are inevitable, think about the present how to solve the condition or how to pass through it,
optimum fasting is one of best practice to clean up our mind and body, praying to give alms, asking God to give guidance and seek things in goodness ways.

Often we think the cure for our difficult condition is in far away, costly means, but in reality it can be very closer to us and very easy to get, thats my experience.

Aclon

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 01:42:14 AM »
don't give up, you still have time to make it right. dont overthinking about god, just trust that god will always close to you and never lose your hope for his mercy.

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 07:16:12 PM »
salam youmu

if i may ask, how did you find your strength to keep seeking God?

i have lost passion :s i know The God is the Lord, there is no doubt. I just have no passion anymore in praying (i still obey in everything but no pleasure in prayer ... i used to pray from sunset to darkness non stop and thrn throughout night and at fajr, and Quran reading everynight and fajr recitation .. now i pray once for 5 min at night and 5 min fajr prayer too and thats all)

i also want to add that the condition is perhaps noy congenital but acquired i think (so perhaps it could have been prevented (i think it was caused by my actions but not sure))

salam amin

thank you for your reply

it is not the cure the issue as it is a lifelong condition that is not degenerative but very annoying and handicapping in everyday life

so i feel like i am being misguided by The God as my passion disapeared (i still believe in The God but no pleasure in my prayers at all as i lost hope in His mercy (which i shouldnt as only the rejecters lose hope in God’s mercy))

life and death indeed are inevitable... i am not afraid of dying but rather anout what comes after... i am traumatized about hell (i understand hell is literally as described in Quran with fire and boiling water etc and people stay in it without hope of leaving it) so i keep telling myself The God took away my pleasure in prayer and perhaps i am being slowly misguided ...

salam acion

thanx for your reply

i want to keep hope of His mercy and not lose hope especially that i know this life is temporary

but how can i keep hope for His mercy when the condition is lifelong ? :( i literally lost any pleasure in praying and dont know how to regain it (i still believe in The God and obey everything except prayer times etc) and prayer is extreeeemely important ...

thank you

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 04:22:02 AM »
trust that the true god is a god full of intelligence and understanding and insight, and hold god in high regard, and for your part you ought to be honest with yourself and strive to live your life with intelligence and understanding and insight, because if you do, you are probably not wrong. and if you're not wrong, you have nothing to fear for.

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 04:29:33 AM »
and for your part you ought to be honest with yourself and strive to live your life with intelligence and understanding and insight, because if you do, you are probably not wrong. and if you're not wrong, you have nothing to fear for.

Very TRUE  :peace:

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 02:47:56 PM »
salam everyone

thank you cerberus and imrankhawaja for your posts

i have a question

in surah 2 verse 155, The God says:

“and We will test you with some fear and hunger, and a shortage in money and lives and fruits. and give good news to those who are patient.”

notice how He does not say test by illness ! (i believe the words chosen by God are very precise)

so you think illness is more a punishmemt rather than test? or are there other verses about illnesse as test?

i still believe in God and that Quran is His last word and i do fear Him and all... its just i have no more passion in prayer (i stopped getting up for fajr) and in reading Quran ans this is very dangerous for me :(

help ... im lost :)

thank you very much

peace

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2020, 02:15:33 AM »
Peace tutti_frutti
You say,quote:
"i literally lost any pleasure in praying and dont know how to regain it (i still believe in The God and obey everything except prayer times etc) and prayer is extreeeemely important ..."

How can prayer be more important than the  straight path?-Sirat Al Musraqueem-

It may be a helping mechanism to strengthen the path but one needs to start on the straight path first and foremost otherwise all the prayers in the world would be pointless . A waste of time.

The main aim for salvation should be to become a good person with  good morals: All the traits that are helpful and beneficial to the soul are only the good traits of: Justice,compassion,love,kindness,forgiveness,peaceful....etc.

We have turned GOD s deen of the straight path upside down and rituals have taken the priority to fool people ,while the inside intentions and righteousness are disguised /covered and Iblis is having a field day with us! Never mind being good towards people and GOD s creatures,just pray and keep up the rituals and things like wickedness towards our soul and towards people , GOD s creatures and the earth will be forgiven

Brother, change your priority to work on yourself and GOD s promise of help will follow.
GOD wants us to love one another ,be kind to one another and be peaceful with one another. GOD cannot be fooled by rituals if they are meaningless.
HOPE you will find yourself. GOD is always there and will never refuse His servant once they take the deep conviction to start on the straight path and mean it.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2020, 05:43:56 AM »
salam good_logic

thanks for your reply

i have not become a bad person or anything ... i still aim for kindness and compssion towards people and try to give charity and invite people to path of God’s mercy etc etc

but prayer is extremely important .. we are told throughout Coran to maintain our prayers

not praying or not praying as we are told during the times we are told is unacceptable

my issue is that i lost hope in His mercy towards me so i get lazy and unpassionate in praying

thank u

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »
Then no worries brother:
Your Lord knows that you used to meditate (PRAY IN YOUR CASE) (taqoom) during the night, or half of it, or one-third of it, and .... God has designed the night and the day, and He knows that you cannot always do this. He has pardoned you. Instead, you shall read what you can of the Quran. He knows that some of you may be ill, others may be traveling in pursuit of God's provisions, and others may be striving in the cause of God....
Or in your case you are moving through another stage?

I still say do not worry if you still try your best to be righteous and follow Qoran:

This Quran guides to the best path, and brings good news to the believers who lead a RIGHTEOUS LIFE, that they have deserved a great recompense.

As long as you stay with Qoran(Reading it/studying it,remembering GOD).. Just  let go of all the negative around you, and all the insecurities within yourself . Because the teachings of Quran, through our constant READING, become like a melody that resonates in the body, the mind, and the spirit.
A constant reminder, comfort and growth & progress.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2020, 08:19:27 AM »
salam good_logic

thanks for your reply

i have not become a bad person or anything ... i still aim for kindness and compssion towards people and try to give charity and invite people to path of God’s mercy etc etc

but prayer is extremely important .. we are told throughout Coran to maintain our prayers

not praying or not praying as we are told during the times we are told is unacceptable

my issue is that i lost hope in His mercy towards me so i get lazy and unpassionate in praying

thank u

12:87 "O my sons! Go and inquire respecting Yusuf and his brother, and despair not of Allah's mercy; surely none despairs of Allah's mercy except the unbelieving people."

Peace TF..
It is pretty sad this topic still continues that shows you have not figured out your areas to address..
Don't think brother you are doing everything fine but only losing hope thus rather losing faith in God...
Losing hope in God means you are losing your path. Coz He guides and how can you lose hope in Him.. Then on whom you will keep faith...
If you lose hope on mercy of God how many things you go away..did you ever ponder...

* losing hope itself a sign of disbelief 12:87
* losing hope of mercy of God is denying a Quranic verse...
* denying verses of God only leads to threshold of Hell..

So many things you can figure out with losing hope of mercy of God...

Even if you discard salat it means you deny knowingly an order of God... those who lazy in Salat is sign of Munafiq.. 4:142

So dear... Don't let Satan to enter your way..

Just calm down and sort out what makes you lazy... If the salat Fajr is making you lazy.. Then trace the reasons behind it.. May be you are going to sleep so late.. Or tired of overworking.. Something could be there.. If you have interest for Salat but if you still skip then there is some physical and mental reasons there for that... Sort out then technically.. How can one say I am doing everything fine and can't perform Salat in time.. Is it the hardest part of our life?...  I don't think so... It is within you.. Sort it out..

By simply losing hope in God and you can't keep telling I am doing rest fine... It could be beginning for a disaster... So approach God even He discards your supplications again and again... Don't forget we are here to be tested... What I feel is God's mercy is always with true believers ...just they need to know what God's mercy is..

@ unseenlight..
Regarding your PM..

Why I said to guard from doing zina fourth time is coz sinning continuously is while knowing the impact of sin will not reform us.. We got to have a grip on it... There should be a full stop to what we feel wrong.. Just everytime repeat the same mistake and beg for pardon won't give any sense... Will it?
Sorry for delay in responding.. I wish I can enter this forum every day but life is so diverse..