Author Topic: question regarding losing hope  (Read 2200 times)

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
question regarding losing hope
« on: August 10, 2020, 05:24:37 PM »
salam everyone

i would like to please ask your advice and thoughts

if a person believes in The God strongly, and has tried their best to obey The God and strive in his worship of The God...but has commited same zina 3 times in very close time whilst they knew it was a sin.. you think The God forgives?

the same person has been recently diagnosed with a condition which is not the end of the world but somewhat incapacitating in life .. condition is acquired because of mistakes he has done.. you think a punishment from The God?

i am asking because that person mentions he is losing hope in The God’s mercy .. and i do not know what to tell them (the situation is also affecting me actually and getting me confused)

the person talks about the verse where The God says that believers will have a decent life .. and now that is not going to be the case for them ..
but i respond with verse 286 of surah 2 where The God says no soul is burdened with more than it could take

any thoughts? the person is losing their passion in their faith and saying The God hates them etc (and im getting confused and drawn into their arguments)

thank you

peace

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
Re: question regarding losing hope
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 05:40:48 PM »
salam everyone
if a person believes in The God strongly, and has tried their best to obey The God and strive in his worship of The God...but has commited same zina 3 times in very close time whilst they knew it was a sin.. you think The God forgives?

Don't believe, but seek it, then you will no longer believe but know.

The one who will do judgement, is you towards yourselves. That's why the same standard that you judged upon others will be applied upon you. Thus do not judge and always forgives everyone including yourselves and forgives everything.

the same person has been recently diagnosed with a condition which is not the end of the world but somewhat incapacitating in life .. condition is acquired because of mistakes he has done.. you think a punishment from The God?

No it is not a "punishment from God", it's a part of the lesson for the soul inside the person's body which temporarily assuming to be the person. Every personality's ultimate fate is the end of it's world, it's ego/identity and all of it's personas all will meet it's end.

any thoughts? the person is losing their passion in their faith and saying The God hates them etc (and im getting confused and drawn into their arguments)

Actually, the one that hates the person is the person itself.
Advice him/her on the path of forgiveness, forgive everyone and every thing and most importantly forgive him/herself.

Hates might be a catalyst for the soul of the person to wish the opposite, love.
And when the soul wish it, a path will be laid out for the soul to learn about it.

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 05:57:34 PM »
salam jafar

thank you for your reply and wise words

the condition is incapacitating in the long term so the issue is we cant see The God’s mercy in this situation

he knows there is The God (and i do too) there is no doubt about that

the issue is The God’s mercy that we cannot understand in this situation. it is soo bothering that even myself i cannot focus on my faith and i dont feel like praying as usual anymore ...

you say not a punishment... so you think perhaps a test? eventhough its a condition that potentially gets worse with time?

you say “and most importantly forgive him/herself.” ... i really like these words and i think it is very important indeed to forgive oneself

thank u

peace

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 11:52:50 PM »
you say not a punishment... so you think perhaps a test? eventhough its a condition that potentially gets worse with time?

Yes it's not a punishment but a lesson to learn.

Physically, every human bodies will eventually get worse as time progress.
It's a well designed and engineered process called "aging".
It's actually a blessing..

When you look at yourself in the mirror and think that the imagery that you saw in the mirror as "you", then I will say be prepared for a lot of suffering, as that imagery in the mirror will get "worse" as time progresses. wrinkles, gray hair and weak...

Thus the more important aspect is actually the person condition inside.
When the person grow more hateful, more angry, more guilt inside then only then I will say that the person condition gets worse with time. The solution? Grow to the opposite side of the spectrum, love-hate, happy-angry, forgive-guilt.

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 03:22:02 AM »
salam everyone

peace

First let him become a true believer... He is just a muslim in my thorough understanding.. True believer is 23:1-10

the person talks about the verse where The God says that believers will have a decent life .. and now that is not going to be the case for them ..
but i respond with verse 286 of surah 2 where The God says no soul is burdened with more than it could take

thank you

peace

True believer doesnt lose hope and lose faith... Let him read complete quran ... You can't do more than that for him... God guides..

salam everyone

i am asking because that person mentions he is losing hope in The God’s mercy .. and i do not know what to tell them (the situation is also affecting me actually and getting me confused)

thank you

peace

Let’s take it as common not as your friend… People do mistakes and sins… It is part and parcel of life for majority of the human…
God is ever ready to forgive us… He loves who ask for forgiveness… But at certain point human should learn and avoid most of his sins…
Real begging for one’s past sins and mistakes is well known to God… So tell him don’t worry.. Keep the hope in the Creator coz He doesn’t have anyone to keep faith if he loses the faith on Him…

It is very clear within the Book, that God sends Messengers to worst of worst people in the first place…
For example God sent Prophet Luth to his Community… When a messengers is sent to a community there is expectation… that is to pass the message and hopefully they get reminded and reform…. So, God loves reforming…. Be any kind of worse person one could be .. but if reformed and guided and chosen the right path, then God is with him/her..

Or take the example of King Pharaoh.. Obviously, he ended a bad person, he was in fact a bad person, but still God sent messengers with reminders and guidance… What if he reformed? Will God deny him? No… So, When one is reformed and got back to the track what is right.. God is always with him…
Every single act of human being is recorded as we all aware… God judges fairly… God will not judge merely with the past, but He judges overall …. Having to face the death Disbeliever is the worse… But we have to ensure we die as Muslim being a believer…

So all I can say is God will forgive… Since there is nothing that God cannot forgive once one is reformed… Total transformation from being evil disbeliever to righteous believer is mercy…

But one thing all believers should have.. that is to be upright in the faith and not fluctuate time and time again and die in that state…

He needs to cultivate his soul gradually... First of all trying to save him from doing the zina the fourth time.... That is within him and within his true belief... If he continues, the chance for reform is very minimum..

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 04:14:50 AM »
Peace tutti_frutti .
Qoran actually gives your friend his answers, let us look at some verses that may apply here;-
Is your friend correcting his ways sincerely?
Then what is the problem? Nothing to fear looking at the verses below:

God has revealed herein the best Hadith; a book that is consistent, and points out both ways (to Heaven and Hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for God's message. Such is God's guidance; He bestows it upon whoever wills (to be guided). As for those sent astray by God, nothing can guide them.
اللَّهُ نَزَّلَ أَحسَنَ الحَديثِ كِتٰبًا مُتَشٰبِهًا مَثانِىَ تَقشَعِرُّ مِنهُ جُلودُ الَّذينَ يَخشَونَ رَبَّهُم ثُمَّ تَلينُ جُلودُهُم وَقُلوبُهُم إِلىٰ ذِكرِ اللَّهِ ذٰلِكَ هُدَى اللَّهِ يَهدى بِهِ مَن يَشاءُ وَمَن يُضلِلِ اللَّهُ فَما لَهُ مِن هادٍ

If your friend has got something wrong with the body of this life,then tell him to make sure he looks after the body of the next life-soul-:

What is better than saving one's face from the terrible retribution on the Day of Resurrection? The transgressors will be told, "Taste the consequences of what you earned."
أَفَمَن يَتَّقى بِوَجهِهِ سوءَ العَذابِ يَومَ القِيٰمَةِ وَقيلَ لِلظّٰلِمينَ ذوقوا ما كُنتُم تَكسِبونَ

We have cited for the people every kind of example in this Quran, that they may take heed.
وَلَقَد ضَرَبنا لِلنّاسِ فى هٰذَا القُرءانِ مِن كُلِّ مَثَلٍ لَعَلَّهُم يَتَذَكَّرونَ

As long as your friend is honest in his repentance and does not go back on his loyalty to GOD, GOD s promise will follow, this verse warns against disloyalty:

f the human is touched by adversity, he implores us, but as soon as we bestow a blessing upon him, he says, "I attained this because of my cleverness!" Indeed, this is only a test, but most of them do not know.
فَإِذا مَسَّ الإِنسٰنَ ضُرٌّ دَعانا ثُمَّ إِذا خَوَّلنٰهُ نِعمَةً مِنّا قالَ إِنَّما أوتيتُهُ عَلىٰ عِلمٍ بَل هِىَ فِتنَةٌ وَلٰكِنَّ أَكثَرَهُم لا يَعلَمونَ

Here is what happens if one tries to fool GOD:

Those before them have uttered the same thing, and their earnings/ways did not help them in the least.
قَد قالَهَا الَّذينَ مِن قَبلِهِم فَما أَغنىٰ عَنهُم ما كانوا يَكسِبونَ
They suffered the consequences of their evil works. Similarly, the transgressors among the present generation will suffer the consequences of their evil works; they cannot escape.
فَأَصابَهُم سَيِّـٔاتُ ما كَسَبوا وَالَّذينَ ظَلَموا مِن هٰؤُلاءِ سَيُصيبُهُم سَيِّـٔاتُ ما كَسَبوا وَما هُم بِمُعجِزينَ
Do they not realize that God is the One who increases the provision/help... for whomever He chooses, and withholds? These are lessons for people who believe.
أَوَلَم يَعلَموا أَنَّ اللَّهَ يَبسُطُ الرِّزقَ لِمَن يَشاءُ وَيَقدِرُ إِنَّ فى ذٰلِكَ لَـٔايٰتٍ لِقَومٍ يُؤمِنونَ

And finally tell your friend about God's Infinite Mercy:

Proclaim: "O My servants who exceeded the limits, never despair of God's mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, Most Merciful."
قُل يٰعِبادِىَ الَّذينَ أَسرَفوا عَلىٰ أَنفُسِهِم لا تَقنَطوا مِن رَحمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغفِرُ الذُّنوبَ جَميعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الغَفورُ الرَّحيمُ
You shall obey your Lord, and submit to Him totally, before the retribution overtakes you, then you cannot be helped.
وَأَنيبوا إِلىٰ رَبِّكُم وَأَسلِموا لَهُ مِن قَبلِ أَن يَأتِيَكُمُ العَذابُ ثُمَّ لا تُنصَرونَ
And follow the best path that is pointed out for you by your Lord, before the retribution overtakes you suddenly when you least expect it.
وَاتَّبِعوا أَحسَنَ ما أُنزِلَ إِلَيكُم مِن رَبِّكُم مِن قَبلِ أَن يَأتِيَكُمُ العَذابُ بَغتَةً وَأَنتُم لا تَشعُرونَ
Lest a soul may say, "How sorry I am for disregarding God's commandments; I was certainly one of the mockers."
I am sure you and your friend have got a copy of GOD s message.Keep following it and there will be nothing to fear.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 12:02:43 PM »
salam jafar

yes could be a lesson, the issue is that the person is young and this is a life long condition (not fatal but quality of life decreases a bit) and is very uncomfortable to live with

salam jkhan

thank you very much for your reply

the person believes as per the verses 1-10 of surah 23, but you are right a true believer never loses hope
however, the issue is: is it a punishment or a lifelong test?

the person reformed and rifht from weong were made clear to them....but knowing the bad and wronged he still comitted the act (and i believe regrets a lot)

you think this could be a life long test? although quality of life goes down?

salam good_logic

thank you for your message

yes indeed The God’s mercy is infinite.. He created mercy

so that is the issue... as this is a life long condition it is hard to see the mercy in this situation

it is not a sickness that gets better with medication and patience (operation is possible but decreases quality of life).... so the issue lies there ... that the problem follows for life

indeed body of this lofe is just of this lofe and one needs to focus on the afterlife .. hoping The God forgives :)

thank you very much

thank you for your replies

youmu

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 02:14:17 PM »
9:51
لَّن يُصِيبَنَا إِلَّا مَا كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَنَا هُوَ مَوْلَانَا ۚ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ

even if it's or not a punishment, seek God out. whatever it is God is your refuge.
sometimes people don't realize his mercy, so we shouldn't judge with no knowledge

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 03:52:48 PM »
salam youmu

thank you for sharing that verse, yes indeed what befalls us is only what The God wants ... and this life is just temporary, play and amusement so yes you are right it is key that we be patient and endure whilst seeking forgiveness and help from The God ...

indeed we do not know if punishment or not, and you are right we should always seek refuge with The God no matter what

it is just soo hard when given such situation but i need to learn to trust The God

thank you very much

youmu

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »
I know how you feel and i hope you get better.
I've been in similar but not quit. It helped me that i sought god out. after all we're fragile little things. lord thank you for your forgiveness.