News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What went WRONG ???

Started by Asifzaheer, August 10, 2020, 04:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asifzaheer

salaam to all.

There was a time(9th to13th century) when Muslim world was the epitome of scientific advancement.After that WHAT WENT WRONG that till date we r the most backward in the field of science and technology??

My thought is that  man made version of Islam,was the primary reason for the downfall.

Any good book suggestion on this issue will be also very helpful.

thanx

Jafar

Did Razi get burned at the stake? stoned to death?  crucified? imprisoned? tortured?
The answer is no.. he went on to discover many things in field of science, medics, psychology, biology throughout his life.
He of course involved in many heated debate with those who had opposite views throughout his life.

Now imagined Razi living at the same era, but in western europe...

Another of his quote:

Anoushirvan

For those who read French, a very interesting paper on the topic: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227626822_Le_declin_du_monde_musulman_a_partir_du_moyen_age_une_revue_des_explications

It is not itself an explanation but a review of various explanations that have been proposed to explain the decline of the Muslim world.

I'm looking for an equivalent paper in English.

Asifzaheer

Quote from: Asifzaheer on August 10, 2020, 04:36:51 PM
salaam to all.

There was a time(9th to13th century) when Muslim world was the epitome of scientific advancement.After that WHAT WENT WRONG that till date we r the most backward in the field of science and technology??

My thought is that  man made version of Islam,was the primary reason for the downfall.

Any good book suggestion on this issue will be also very helpful.

thanx

Salaam Brother,
what was the point??