Author Topic: quran434.com  (Read 4131 times)

burhan

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: quran434.com
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2019, 07:27:55 AM »
Wakas, thanks for taking part in the discussion. I hope everybody found something of value. :peace:
Peace.

amin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2019, 07:34:31 AM »
Cultures differs, beating wife is so common everywhere here, even the opposite of wife beating is common.  There can be a long story behind every beating. I never see Quran as law book to take clues for solving the complicated day today problems. The verse can be taken for ones's self advice in case we get a arrogant wife, we can even try solving issues through physical ways after trying other means, but be prepared to get it back at some other time as some other way.

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2019, 08:29:26 AM »
every bad and good THING is common in all past/present socities n cultures.

LIE
DISHONESTY
CHEATING
BACKBITTING
BEATING by (husband,wife,in some cases kids lol,teachers,elders,masters).
THEFT
CORRUPTION ( bribes, fakery, frauds, scams etc)
above list is common ?everywhere? in some cases.

Mixing pure milk WITH bacterial tap water ( asian region)
selling expired/fake medicines ( business of death).

this list is common in all third world countries and also in some developed countries.

most shocking wrong doing is business of DEATH.
involved KIDDNAPPING of people and sale their body organs.

tarffic little girls/boys for slavery/prostitution/begging.

in some cases brain washing people for killing innocent with blast ?boom?

the business of selling chemical based drug that cause death like mixing chemicals in heroin/powder/coacine/brownsugar etc.

another THING called virus and the medicine of that virus for business purpose.

The first list is catagorised as minor wrong doing hence common in all socities and some socities dnt even think/consider it as wrong doing. thats the first reason why nations/wrong people fall and other people rise.

Houriya

• Apprentice
  • Karma +7/-0
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »
it is not to relaunch the debate, it is to add another opinion dating from 2004 :

From the debate below :

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=7439.90

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=7439.100

Peace JM,

/*in my opinion, "Waidriboohunna" implies "Waidriboohunna fee almadajiAAi" ; like "waohjuroohunna ". In other words, I read this part of the verse as comme "waohjuroohunna  waidriboohunna fee almadajiAAi"*/

The verse 4:1 illustrates the same structure than "waohjuroohunna fee almadajiAAi waidriboohunna" in 4:34

"rijalan katheeran wanisaan" is translated as "many men and women", the word "katheeran" (many) is between "rijalan" (men) and "nisaan" (women). "Many" (katheeran) is for men and women in 4:1 and I say the same thing for "in bedchamber" (fee almadajiAAi), it is for "waohjuroohunna" and "waidriboohunna" in 4:34

In the same way for "rijalan katheeran wanisaan" in 4:1, I translate  "waohjuroohunna fee almadajiAAi waidriboohunna" as "and abandon them and separate / move away/ from them in the bedchamber in 4:34

In other word, I can say "waohjuroohunna (abandon them) wainfuroohuna (turn away from them) fee almadajiAAi (in bed chamber),

The verbs "Hajara" and "nafara" are not identical but have a common concept : the separation

Let us suppose that the verb "daraba" in 4:34 means "to beat", why to beat them in the bedchamber and not in the living room?
 :roll:

There is no doubt, the quran explains itself.

Marie

Salaam Marie,

Very good explanation !!! Excellent.

I never tried to think about this verse, that way, even if this structure and style is used so many times in the Quran and not just in 4:1.

Well, so you'd read it "ihjuruhunna + idribuhunna fil madajii'" and this makes sense. Also the verb "daraba + fi" is used in the Quran for travelling as in "darabtum fil ard" or going far away. Did you research this before? "daraba + fi" can be the key for making this verse 100% clear in my mind! Your post made it clear, i just need to authenticate this understanding by researching "daraba + fi + place" to understand how its used in arabic. If you researched this before, pls let me know

God bless

best regards
*sabo*

Salaam Sabo,

In the following verses the verb "daraba" means to travel, to get out :
daraba fee----> 3:156; 4:101; 73:20; 2:273

I found only one example in my doctionary "Lisan al3arab" about "daraba+ fi + some thing" and it is a particular case :

The following is from my exchange with JM:

daraba albaAAeer fee jahazihi ay nafara, falam yazal yaltabit wa yanzoo hatta tawwaha AAanhu ma AAalayhi min adatihi wa himlihi

daraba = ضرب

chameau /*camel*/ (albaAAeer ) = البعير

dans /*in*/ (fee) = في

ses bagages /*its luggage*/ (jahazihi ) = ﺟهاﺯه 

signifie /*means*/ (ay) = أي

to turn away (nafara) =   ﻧفر

il ne cesse pas /*he doesn?t stop*/ (falam yazal) = ﻔﻠﻢ ﻳﺯﻞ

donner des coups de pied, des ruades /*to kick, to buck */ (yaltabit ) =ﻟﺒﻃ

ﻨﺯﺍ = sauter /* to jump*/ (yanzoo )

jusqu'? /*till*/ (hatta) = ﺣﺘﯽ

ﻃﻮﺡ= jeter, ?garer, faire tomber /*to throw, to mislay, to knock */ (tawwaha )

ce qu'il y a sur lui ou sur son dos /*what is on him or on his back */ (AAanhu ma AAalayhi) = ﻋﻧﻩ ﻣﺍ ﻋﻟﻳﻩ

de /*of*/ (min) = ﻣﻦ

ﺃﺪﺍﺘﻩ = son mat?riel /*its equipment*/ (adatihi )

ﺤﻤﻟﻩ= son poids, fardeau, chargement /*its burden*/ (himlihi)

The verb "nafara" which means to move away / turns away is also used on other verses :

4:71. O you who believe, take your precaution by going out in clusters, or going out all together.

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanookhuthoo hithrakum fainfiroo thubatinawi infiroo jameeAAan

See also  17:41,17:46, 25:60, 35:42

I think there is a common notion between "daraba fi alard" and "daraba fi some thing".

It is interesting to use the dictionaries in order ti improve our comprehension for some words  but they are posterior to the quran. The language evolved since the revlation of the quran. We have to seek the best explanation only on the light of the quran because the quran explains itself.

Peace and best wishes

Marie