News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Can anyone respond to this claim of "logical contradiction"?

Started by The Sardar, July 01, 2020, 09:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sardar

Salam/Peace dear siblings. I came across a claim of a "logical contradiction" against God. This person is technically criticizing Time and Free Will against God (if i said it right)

https://www.foundalis.com/rlg/time-god.htm

Could anyone please give a response here? I don't know who could help me out on this issue so i am hoping someone can give a good logical response on this.

good logic

Can you do a small summary of what he is saying?
Is he saying the mind is material? Or the mind cannot exist in an immaterial world?

Then, where has he  defined and explained and showed the "mind"?
What about the hypotheseis/ Does it make sense?
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Wakas

peace,

With regards to the 1st point: the key argument is "A time-less God means, above all, a non-cognitive entity."

Definition: cognition
the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.

If God is All-Knowing thus does not acquire knowledge/understanding makes God a "non-cognitive entity."

With regards to the 2nd point: the underlying assumption is that having knowledge about someone, to the extent that your knowledge is so complete that you know what they will choose means you forced them to do it, doesn't make sense to me. For example, if on Mondays the school canteen menu offers the option of fish and chips and you know your friend so well that you know they will order the fish and chips because you know what they're like, they love fish and chips, they always order it on mondays etc. When they do order it does that mean you forced them to order it?
Now some might say it was a guess and you never knew it for certain, but what if you were all-Knowing. When you have complete knowledge it's no longer a guess.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

nimnimak_11

If Wakas' summary is accurate, then regarding point 1 the following can be said:

God Is not timeless. God Encompasses all things (including time...that's why if you pray to God for a sign, you will possibly better see/understand the truth that God Knew when you would pray for a sign, and organised everything in advance to correspond with that time your prayed for a sign such that you would know God Is Omnipresent...encompassing all time and beings in relation to you and in relation to everyone else. God Coordinates Perfectly because God/Existence truly Is Perfect).

We don't know what it's like to be Omnipresent. We don't know what it's like to encompass all time and space. These are all unknowns to us. They are not know absurdities to us. So we cannot say that it is impossible for an Omnipresent being to be cognitive in the same way that we can say it is impossible for a triangle to be round.

A cognitive Omnipresent being is not absurd, HOWEVER, a being that has nothing to do with time being cognitive, is absurd. It is not the case that God has nothing to do with time. To have nothing to do with time is to be non-existent. A non-existent being cannot be cognitive.

A round triangle is absurd. An Omnipresent being being Cognitive/Self-Aware is not absurd.

Regarding the second point, so what if God Knows what you're going to choose before you choose to do it? You still choose.

It's not just that. God Chooses/Wills that you chose x. But obviously, it's still also what you chose. If you did not choose x then it cannot be said that God Chose/Willed that you choose x. God Could also Choose/Will that you do something without you choosing to do it. If you find your hand tapping yourself on the back against your will, then that's God Willing/Choosing that you be tapped on your back by your own hand. This is not the same as you choosing to tap yourself on your back.

It's absurd to say because G knew I would choose x before I even chose it, I never actually chose x.

Jafar

Q: Dear God, do you exist in time, or outside of it?
A: Both and if you ask further on which 'time layer' the answer is in all time layers including your time layer.

Q: Dear God, do you know what I am about to ask you now?
A: Yes, I don't experience time only like you do although I do also experience time like you do and more over I'm also exist in you! You're a part of me, every piece of creation is a part of me, no matter how you define it's border between something and something else, between someone and someone else as there's actually no border, I'm ALL and I'm exist in ALL including you. So what you're about to ask is actually what I'm about to ask to me. That's why I know it for certain what the question is once you thought about it. Or the flip side of it is the answer of the question that you're about to ask you will also find the answer from within your own self by your own self. Actually there is no possibility that you ask somebody else other than me, when you ask your teacher, I'm also exist in that teacher, when you ask your friend I'm also exist in your friend and when you ask yourself I'm also exist within your own self.

Abdun Nur

Time as a linear construct is man made, time is in reality simply a spinning instant, it has form, a form that repeats endlessly in perception, we share the same form, the soul or human aura appears as a series of nested spherical torus formations.

The toroidal form is everywhere in nature. The torus allows a vortex of energy to form which bends back along itself and re-enters itself, continuously flowing back into itself. Thus the energy of a torus is continually refreshing itself, continually influencing itself.

The spinning moment is not a constant across all perception, the moment is relative to each interaction of consciousness, consciousness exists within the spinning moment, everything else is perception of consciousness, the deeper we dig into reality the more evidence proves this is the case.

I wrote a short explanation of energy:

https://earthcoinage.com/?page_id=5772

The evidence shows that only a single consciousness can exist, and all consciousness is in reality a fractal expression of that single consciousness, this conscious is not a god which is a separate entity, as no other conscious entity could exist, it is an entirety, this therefore proves no god exists.

Jafar

Quote from: Abdun Nur on March 25, 2021, 04:08:22 AM
The evidence shows that only a single consciousness can exist, and all consciousness is in reality a fractal expression of that single consciousness, this conscious is not a god which is a separate entity, as no other conscious entity could exist, it is an entirety, this therefore proves no god exists.

Unless one define the word "god" as entirety.
A boundless entirety, no boundary in any dimensions.
That's the reason why there's only one entirety.
A boundless one and not a bordered one.

Abdun Nur

Peace Jafar,

A god is a separation, the word "god" appears for the first time in the 6th century in the Christian Codex Argenteus, the word God isn't Judeo-Christian in origin, but if we take your view of a god as an hierarchical overlord, then this concept is utterly untrue, this would require a separation, and no separation could exist.

This is why the very foundation of Islam is "There is NO God!!!"

Jafar

Quote from: Abdun Nur on April 27, 2021, 05:26:33 PM
A god is a separation, the word "god" appears for the first time in the 6th century in the Christian Codex Argenteus, the word God isn't Judeo-Christian in origin, but if we take your view of a god as an hierarchical overlord, then this concept is utterly untrue, this would require a separation, and no separation could exist.

This is why the very foundation of Islam is "There is NO God!!!"

If that's the case then the word "god" here is NOT The One Infinite / Boundless Creator.

The next question will be, what does the word "god" actually mean?
The origin of the english god came from proto-germanic language of god.
Based on:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_paganism

An example of "god" are Woden, Thyr, Tunor and many others.
I cannot attest about their existence and/or non-existence as I haven't met any of them.

But ...
Let's assume the description about them are correct and they do exist.

Then certainly they're not The One Infinite Creator.
And if they do exist then they're among the creation of The One Infinite Creator, servant of The One Infinite Creator, manifestation of The One Infinite Creator.

The very foundation of 'universal law' is that there is nothing that is beyond or outside of The One Infinite Creator.
Everything is within The One Infinite Creator and not the other way around.
Including Time and Space, let alone "god(s)".

Thus it doesn't actually make sense for The One Infinite Creator to be angry and/or jealous and/or in conflict with "god(s)".
Although a god who is jealous, angry or in conflict with other god(s) will still make sense.

Abdun Nur

There is only a single consciousness, as an entirety, nothing else of any sort can or could exist, nothing, this means you cannot have an entity god, the idea of a creator means you are manufactured as other, you cannot be, you are simply a fractal entirety, you are not a separate part, but an integral part, there is no you and a creator, only the entirety of the single consciousness.