Author Topic: Can anyone respond to this claim of "logical contradiction"?  (Read 217 times)

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
Salam/Peace dear siblings. I came across a claim of a "logical contradiction" against God. This person is technically criticizing Time and Free Will against God (if i said it right)

https://www.foundalis.com/rlg/time-god.htm

Could anyone please give a response here? I don't know who could help me out on this issue so i am hoping someone can give a good logical response on this.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-0
Re: Can anyone respond to this claim of "logical contradiction"?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 09:04:45 AM »
Can you do a small summary of what he is saying?
Is he saying the mind is material? Or the mind cannot exist in an immaterial world?

Then, where has he  defined and explained and showed the "mind"?
What about the hypotheseis/ Does it make sense?
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
Re: Can anyone respond to this claim of "logical contradiction"?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 01:36:42 PM »
peace,

With regards to the 1st point: the key argument is "A time-less God means, above all, a non-cognitive entity."

Definition: cognition
the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.

If God is All-Knowing thus does not acquire knowledge/understanding makes God a "non-cognitive entity."

With regards to the 2nd point: the underlying assumption is that having knowledge about someone, to the extent that your knowledge is so complete that you know what they will choose means you forced them to do it, doesn't make sense to me. For example, if on Mondays the school canteen menu offers the option of fish and chips and you know your friend so well that you know they will order the fish and chips because you know what they're like, they love fish and chips, they always order it on mondays etc. When they do order it does that mean you forced them to order it?
Now some might say it was a guess and you never knew it for certain, but what if you were all-Knowing. When you have complete knowledge it's no longer a guess.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org