Author Topic: I've become an Eastern Orthodox Christian!  (Read 1459 times)

ilma_bee

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +2/-0
Re: I've become an Eastern Orthodox Christian!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 11:26:56 PM »
Neptin

Could you please give me an example of a factual error in the Quran? What did you exactly mean?

mclinkin94

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »
Salam everyone.

I wanted to mention a verse in the Quran about 19:

[Quran 74:31] And We have not made the keepers of the Fire except angels. And We have not made their number [19] except as a trial for those who disbelieve - that those who were given the Scripture will be convinced and those who have believed will increase in faith and those who were given the Scripture and the believers will not doubt and that those in whose hearts is hypocrisy and the disbelievers will say, "What does Allah intend by this as an example?" Thus does Allah leave astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none knows the soldiers of your Lord except Him. And mention of the Fire is not but a reminder to humanity.

The Quran says that God made the angels of the fire 19 and that through this he will guide some and misguide others--he will misguide those whose hearts are perversity. The OP was the one Allah misguided through the 19 (and he admitted that the 19 phenomenon is what led him to leave Islam).

This is a Quranic prophecy that came true (any may be continually coming true). Subhanallah!

In my next post, I will give a point by point refutation of the OPs argument. Again, given life obligations, I want to leave it to you (Muslims) to also respond.

mclinkin94

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 02:14:34 PM »
The amazing thing is that the mathemtical pattern and even number 19 has an involvement in my journey. I acknoledged for example as Edip Yuksel points out the odds of the arrangement of the muaqataat in the quran being arranged in this manner giving multiples of 19 is about 1/60,000. HOWEVER when i saw the pattern of JUST TWO VERSES in the Bible i.e. Gen 1:1 and John 1:1 when the SAME FORMULA was applied to each of them it resulted in both pi and eulers number to FOUR SIGNIFICANT FIGS exactly, it kinna stuck with me. that was much more powerful with probability lower than 1/1000,000.

The previous scriptures were also from God (The Quran says so). But they were corrupted. So we should expect to see some formula of 19 within them too...

In fact, if ALL 3 scriptures have an improbable numerical code in them, then that is evidence they are all originally from God  ;) (which is what Islam teaches, lol). If the other scriptures don't a numerical code (or a remnant of a numerical code), then that is not evidence against Islam because they could've been corrupted.

In fact, verse 74:31 said those who were given the scripture can also be convinced through the 19 phenomenon (which is a numerical phenomenon) that the Quran is from God:

[Quran 74:31] And We have not made the keepers of the Fire except angels. And We have not made their number [19] except as a trial for those who disbelieve - that those who were given the Scripture will be convinced and those who have believed will increase in faith and those who were given the Scripture and the believers will not doubt and that those in whose hearts is hypocrisy and the disbelievers will say, "What does Allah intend by this as an example?" Thus does Allah leave astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none knows the soldiers of your Lord except Him. And mention of the Fire is not but a reminder to humanity.

Note that "those who were given the scripture" could also mean "Muslims", but it could also be referring to "Christians/Jews". Thus it could mean Christians/Jews through looking at their scriptures and seeing remnants of a numerical code in them too would be convinced of the Truth of the Quran and Islam. As I said, if all 3 scriptures have remnants of a numerical code, then that is evidence that all 3 are originally from God  (which is literally what the Quran says) :) But as we will see below, those whose hearts are perversity from those who have been given the scripture and the believers, will be misguided through it:

SECONDLY given that 19 is the number thats so central in the quran it stands to reason that sura 19 verse 19 should be amongst the most profund verses of the quran. Well heres what that verse says:

19:19 He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

That's a non-sequitur. You assume that 19:19 must say something central to Islam. Why?

In fact, this may be one mechanism Allah uses to misguide those through 19. Allah said that through the 19 thing, he will misguide some and guide others. By putting 19:19 he allows those whose hearts are perversity to be misguided, while allowing those whose hearts are open to be guided. For my case, I know there there is no reason that verse 19:19 necessarily has to say something central to Islam. Allah could've simply avoided that just to misguide you and others (just as Allah promised--he will misguide some and guide others through the 19).

In the context its obviously talking about none other than JESUS CHRIST. imo no one can just chuck this off as coincidence given tht he belevied in code19. Thus God in His providence used the very number 19 to lead me to come home to Christianity.

Or God could've misguided you into Christianity...The Quran says Allah misguides and guides whom he wills--and it also says will also do this using the number 19.

Ofc there was much more involved in the rpocess of my conversion. Another astounding of what i call a ripple effect within mainstream sunni islam is the muslims in the past evhemently fighting against the mutazila who claimed allah's word the quran was created,, as opposed to the mainstream view tht it is uncreated. muslims even went through persecution to defend this doctrine. Yet this mimicks what happened AT THE COUNCIL OF NICEA CENTURIES BEFORE THAT. For me this was anothe rpowerful evidence of God even leaving muslims with a trail of evidence to come home to the Orthodox Christian Faith which includes accepting the Council of Nicea. I now have a utube channel and a discord sevrer as follows:

It is a non-sequitur to say that how Muslims act is evidence against the truth of the Quran. That doesn't follow logically.

Your arguments are weak at best. I don't see much insight or intellect in your claims. Looks like Allah misguided you through the 19, just as he promised he would.