Author Topic: I've become an Eastern Orthodox Christian!  (Read 850 times)

jonny_k

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
I've become an Eastern Orthodox Christian!
« on: June 29, 2020, 07:14:45 AM »
Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember me as a quran alone muslim, defending the number 19 in quran, etc. Well i'd already left quran alone islam around 2011,, from there on i went through amny protestant denominations until finally i became an Eastern Orthodox Christian. The amazing thing is that the mathemtical pattern and even number 19 has an involvement in my journey. I acknoledged for example as Edip Yuksel points out the odds of the arrangement of the muaqataat in the quran being arranged in this manner giving multiples of 19 is about 1/60,000. HOWEVER when i saw the pattern of JUST TWO VERSES in the Bible i.e. Gen 1:1 and John 1:1 when the SAME FORMULA was applied to each of them it resulted in both pi and eulers number to FOUR SIGNIFICANT FIGS exactly, it kinna stuck with me. that was much more powerful with probability lower than 1/1000,000. SECONDLY given that 19 is the number thats so central in the quran it stands to reason that sura 19 verse 19 should be amongst the most profund verses of the quran. Well heres what that verse says:

19:19 He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

In the context its obviously talking about none other than JESUS CHRIST. imo no one can just chuck this off as coincidence given tht he belevied in code19. Thus God in His providence used the very number 19 to lead me to come home to Christianity. Ofc there was much more involved in the rpocess of my conversion. Another astounding of what i call a ripple effect within mainstream sunni islam is the muslims in the past evhemently fighting against the mutazila who claimed allah's word the quran was created,, as opposed to the mainstream view tht it is uncreated. muslims even went through persecution to defend this doctrine. Yet this mimicks what happened AT THE COUNCIL OF NICEA CENTURIES BEFORE THAT. For me this was anothe rpowerful evidence of God even leaving muslims with a trail of evidence to come home to the Orthodox Christian Faith which includes accepting the Council of Nicea. I now have a utube channel and a discord sevrer as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jonnykzj/videos

https://discord.gg/9wXKs6K

Take care everyone.
[19:19] He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

ilma_bee

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +2/-0
Re: I've become an Eastern Orthodox Christian!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »
Hello dear brother

In my opinion, numbers and codes in the holy books were never intended by God. Especially because the Quran was not given as a whole book, but it was being collected and who knows how many things were lost, added or changed. There are differences in multiple Qurans (not just huruf, but different words and meanings, different number of verses...). People were putting verses and surahs in any place they wanted. So how on earth then you could take number of some verse, surah, or number of times some word was mentioned as relevant? :)

Second thing, if that verse about Jesus brought you to Christianity, then you admit Quran is true. If it's true, then Jesus is not God or son of God. But if Quran is a false book, then how can you use it's code 19 to prove anything?

The way you are describing your conversion and finding the truth is the same for everyone in every other religion. All of them had an opened heart, looking for the truth, researching, enlightenment, signs, dreams etc. Even Christians who become muslims say that Jesus led them to islam. And everyone thinks they are rightly guided and special.

So basically, after all these years I don't rely on personal experiences.

jonny_k

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 01:35:43 PM »
Hello,

Im not sure if you've looked into the Providence of God i.e. God can use the texts or events from a false religion to lead people to His Truth. So no i dont have to believe anymore the quran is true in as much as i dont need to believe that the sunni majority fighting off the mutazila successfully in the past makes them true BUT YET there is a KERNEL of truth in such that the Word of God is UNCREATED the difference being that Word is Christ and NOT the quran.
[19:19] He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

jonny_k

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 01:42:03 PM »
Also if you wanna understad why logically only the God as laid out in Eastern Orthodoxy allows one to make sense of existence i.e. trancendental argument for the Orthodox CHristian God u may wanna hear out a top Orthodox apologist by the name Jay Dyer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx3ssbjb3Xs

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »
Welcome back jonny_k.
 GOD sent one religion with all the prophets/messengers including Jesus. GOD did not send Shinto. Hinduism Judaism, Christianity or Traditional Islam or any other made up  men s religion with anyone.

GOD s religion is believing in GOD Alone and Submission to GOD s laws and rules.
All GOD s messengers including Jesus came to deliver a common message of :-
Total loyalty and submission to GOD Alone-

Basically changing  men s religions from one to the other is just moving from one made up religion to another in my opinion.
Each one of these religions have claimed to be the true one while each one of them have also divided themselves into sects

But of course one is free to follow any religion they choose and,agree with .

All the religions out there should have a common goal of racing each other to the best path of good deeds,good morals and to be peaceful,helpful human beings.
 May the Lord bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

ilma_bee

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:08:00 PM »
Jonny_k

If a false teaching can lead people to God's truth, then even bible can be a false teaching. Or any other book. While, from the other side any of them can be true. It's all simply just assumptions and following one's feelings.

But, a more important thing is WHY would God give such a complex system of finding out the truth, so that only few people are able to find it. Billions of people who think they are rightly guided and all of them believe different stuff. I mean, who can claim they are 100% right.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 09:30:55 PM »
Peace  jonny_k

Congratulations from leaving an identity and assuming another identity.
I hope you will learn many new things and having new experiences in your new identity.

Before finally you came into a realization that you actually want to shed all of your identities.

As eventually all path lead to the infinite creator in the end.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 10:26:39 PM »

Some of you may remember me as a quran alone muslim, defending the number 19 in quran, etc. Well i'd already left quran alone islam around 2011,, from there on i went through amny protestant denominations until finally i became an Eastern Orthodox Christian.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jonnykzj/videos

Peace jonny_k

Out of curiosity I checked out your channel there.. named "Eastern Orthodox only true Church Apologetics"
I totally don't understand any of it :)
The lingos the labelling are confusing for me. (nestorian, kelvin, dispenser, masonry, toll road etc..)
But that's not why I'm posting another reply here.

I'm intrigued that it seems you are 'focusing' on 'refutation', 'exposing the errors of other groups', 'god angry towards some other groups, other than yours', 'warning towards something or some groups', 'fighting against the world' etc..
I think you haven't changed at all!  :rotfl:

You still the same old you who tried to prove that your group is the only group that is correct by exposing the errors of other groups.
And also sending out 'warning' against and about the other groups.
The things that changed are merely: the group that you're fighting for and the groups that you're fighting against.

Have you pondered maybe it's time to change on such paradigm / point of view as well?
Or actually 'fighting' for something and against something is actually what you think your purpose of life is?

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 08:30:29 AM »
Salam jonny_k,

I checked your youtube videos ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRRCJOP7f0s

To "justify" trinity, in your video you are using the following sahih hadith (around minute 12):

https://sunnah.com/urn/1251810

Waki' bin Hudus narrated that his paternal uncle Abu Razin said:
"I said: 'O Messenger of Allah, where was our Lord before He created His creation?' He said: He was above the clouds, below which was air, and above which was air and water. Then He created His Throne above the water.'"

You basically argue that Jesus is uncreated and has always existed just like clouds, air, and water in the above mentioned sahih hadith.

I am wondering why you use hadith? Has the knowledge from God not come to you that sahih hadith books are unreliable and corrupted?

Wassalam,
Ade

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 08:52:37 PM »
I don't really know much about eastern orthodox christian theology. But it's something am open to learning more of. For me though, as far as scriptural religions goes, I see my self a skeptic. Once the text is liable to factual errors as I noted with the Qur'an last year, the faith is as good as dead.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth