Author Topic: Qur'an 10:99-100  (Read 200 times)

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
Qur'an 10:99-100
« on: June 29, 2020, 03:27:44 AM »
Salam/Peace everyone and Allah (SWTAY) bless you all in good tidings. I want to speak about 10:99-100

This is the verse:

10:99 ولو شاء ربك لءامن من فى الارض كلهم جميعا افانت تكره الناس حتىا يكونوا مؤمنين
Walaw shaa rabbuka laamana manfee al-ardi kulluhum jameeAAan afaanta tukrihu alnnasahatta yakoonoo mu/mineena
And had your Lord willed, all the people on the earth in their entirety would have believed. Would you force the people to make them believe?

10:100 وما كان لنفس ان تؤمن الا باذن الله ويجعل الرجس على الذين لا يعقلون
Wama kana linafsin an tu/minailla bi-ithni Allahi wayajAAalu alrrijsaAAala allatheena la yaAAqiloonaAnd it is not for a soul to believe except with the permission of God. And He lets taint those who do not comprehend.

Now some people will critique this verse thinking that it is against free will and some claim that Allah can also make a disbeliver, however there are verses that explains why he leads or misguides people for a good reason:

6:110 ونقلب افدتهم وابصرهم كما لم يؤمنوا به اول مرة ونذرهم فى طغينهم يعمهون
Wanuqallibu af-idatahum waabsarahumkama lam yu/minoo bihi awwala marratin wanatharuhumfee tughyanihim yaAAmahoona
We divert their hearts and eyesight, as they did not acknowledge it the first time; and We leave them wandering in their transgression.

6:148 سيقول الذين اشركوا لو شاء الله ما اشركنا ولا ءاباؤنا ولا حرمنا من شىء كذلك كذب الذين من قبلهم حتى ذاقوا باسنا قل هل عندكم من علم فتخرجوه لنا ان تتبعون الا الظن وان انتم الا تخرصون
Sayaqoolu allatheena ashrakoo law shaaAllahu ma ashrakna wala abaonawala harramna min shay-in kathalikakaththaba allatheena min qablihim hattathaqoo ba/sana qul hal AAindakum min AAilminfatukhrijoohu lana in tattabiAAoona illa alththannawa-in antum illa takhrusoona
Those who are polytheists will say: "If God wished, we would not have set up partners, nor would have our fathers, nor would we have made anything unlawful." Those before them lied in the same way, until they tasted Our might. Say: "Do you have any knowledge to bring out to us? You only follow conjecture, you only guess."

7:146 ساصرف عن ءايتى الذين يتكبرون فى الارض بغير الحق وان يروا كل ءاية لا يؤمنوا بها وان يروا سبيل الرشد لا يتخذوه سبيلا وان يروا سبيل الغى يتخذوه سبيلا ذلك بانهم كذبوا بايتنا وكانوا عنها غفلين
Saasrifu AAan ayatiyaallatheena yatakabbaroona fee al-ardi bighayri alhaqqiwa-in yaraw kulla ayatin la yu/minoo bihawa-in yaraw sabeela alrrushdi la yattakhithoohusabeelan wa-in yaraw sabeela alghayyi yattakhithoohusabeelan thalika bi-annahum kaththaboo bi-ayatinawakanoo AAanha ghafileena
I will turn away from My revelations those who are arrogant on the earth without right, and if they see every sign they do not believe in it, and if they see the path of guidance they do not take it as a path; and if they see the path of mischief, they take it as a path. That is because they have denied Our revelations and were heedless of them.

2:6 ان الذين كفروا سواء عليهم ءانذرتهم ام لم تنذرهم لا يؤمنون
Inna allatheena kafaroo sawaonAAalayhim aanthartahum am lam tunthirhum layu/minoona
As for those who reject, whether you warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe.

2:7 ختم الله علىا قلوبهم وعلىا سمعهم وعلىا ابصارهم غشاوة ولهم عذاب عظيم
Khatama Allahu AAala quloobihimwaAAala samAAihim waAAala absarihim ghishawatunwalahum AAathabun AAatheemun
God has sealed their hearts and their ears, and over their eyes are covers. They will incur a great retribution.

Now i want to talk something that caught my interest and that is what belief by permission meant? Take a look in the previous and after verses for context.

Dont worry siblings, this is not a critique, just a discussion. Also check 14:11.

I wonder what is your thoughts on this?

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
Re: Qur'an 10:99-100
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 02:03:25 AM »
I don't know how to put things into words. Help me out.

10:100 And it is not for a soul to believe except with the permission of God. And He lets taint those who do not comprehend.

Take a look at this diagram: https://www.metaphysicalrevelations.com/images/universal-and-individual-mind-relation.jpg

Conscious mind= Questioning, logic detection, making sense of things, filtering what can go inside the sub conscous mind

Sub conscious mind= Feelings, beliefs, magnet, your personal search engine connected to God

Doesn't the verse sound like he is telling us to make use of those two and that would lead us to believing in him?
Kinda like what you seek is seeking you?

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj