Author Topic: Can you eat Monkey?  (Read 3147 times)

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-4
Can you eat Monkey?
« on: June 09, 2020, 11:44:16 AM »
Salam.

Using the Quran only as a source - can you eat monkey?
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

aqua

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Can you eat Monkey?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 12:11:35 PM »
As per verse 5:4, only 'good food' may be considered suitable for human consumption. It would therefore depend on the overall benefit in terms of nourishment and risks of disease to human health.

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 12:20:21 PM »
salam layth

my opinion :

using Quran alone i personally do not see monkey meat being forbidden, but The God knows

in chapter 5 verse 60 The God says He made apes and swine from the transgressors He was angry with

He does not say He made them “like” apes and swine!! He says He made from them apes and swine ! the verse is clear non??? and coincidence that swine and ape are soo close to humans that scientists claim humans are descendants of apes and swine??? (google it please if you have time)

my opinion? the Quran is to be taken at face value. every word The God uses has been chosen by Him, and there is purpose to everything The God tells us. why start to interpet???

salam aqua

it is not just “good food” regarding nourishments

amongst the other forbidden (such as swine, blood, etc) food that has not been dedicated to The God is also forbidden. my understanding is that when someone kills an animal for food and does not mention The God’s name over it when killing it and thanking The God as well, then eating that animal is grave sin as it was not dedicated to The God ! my understanding is that satan dupes people into not mentioning the name of The God when milling animals for food (ans when eating anything)

it is not just a question of “good nourishment” as humans perceive it

end of my opinion :)

peace

Amra94

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:54:59 PM »
It's not healthy so probably not "good food" to eat.

aqua

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »
it is not just “good food” regarding nourishments

amongst the other forbidden (such as swine, blood, etc) food that has not been dedicated to The God is also forbidden. my understanding is that when someone kills an animal for food and does not mention The God’s name over it when killing it and thanking The God as well, then eating that animal is grave sin as it was not dedicated to The God ! my understanding is that satan dupes people into not mentioning the name of The God when milling animals for food (ans when eating anything)

What has the question of eating monkeys got to do with dedication to idols? These are two separate issues.

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 05:20:45 PM »
salam aqua

you said only “good food” are okay, i just replied that forbidden food is not only a matter of what is “good food”

salam layth

also, please that The God sais He made two “animals” from the transgressors, swine and aoe, and not only swine or only ape. so maybe in the way the apes were made is different in the way swine were made as to make swine forbidden but not apes

or perhaps the forbidding of swine is a reply to the supposition that people back then widely ate swine (and not monkeys) - i do not know if it is the case, i am only supposing

only The God knows

peace

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-1
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 06:13:29 AM »
Peace Layth ,All.

According to Qoran GOD has specifically selected "Al Anaam" for us to use in various benefits as well as food.
We could ask questions about all other animals that exist. Has GOD forbidden wild animals? GOD has only forbidden 4 types of clearly identified types:
Dead animals(Those that die by a disease or themselves).
Blood.
Meat of pigs.
And food dedicated to idols..
So technically everything else is not forbidden.
However, it is better to stick with domesticated animal meat that are the norm like beef, lamb/sheep., chicken...etc..
Common sense tells us that our food is already established and sold to us from various sources.There are some dubious sources of course ,But  as believers we refrain from what is forbidden ,this we can clearly identify when shopping.

Of course if one find themselves isolated and starving in the wilderness ,then everything is allowed as an exception for survival..

For the majority , there are enough to eat in what is provided for us to buy in shops, so the question of eating monkeys or lions or anything else should not arise.
Enjoy the thousands of varieties of meats, fruits, veg,...etc that we cannot possibly exhaust and that are readily available and forget monkeys as a common sense in this day and age.
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-4
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 09:00:23 AM »
Salam.

Perhaps I should widen the question since the subject of apes might be unclear.

According to the Sunna/Hadith, animals with sharp teeth as well as animals with claws are forbidden - therefore lions, cats, dogs, apes, etc are excluded.

When we present people to follow the Quran alone as a source of law, the same questions need to be addressed;

Can you eat cats, dogs, horse, giraffe, elephant, etc...

If no, what is the evidence?
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »
salam layth

from my understanding, the only unlawful food are those explicitly mentioned by The God. and that does not include cats, dogs, elephants etc

regarding cats and dogs (or any animals with claws), please see this verse :

“And to those who “hadou” (translations say jews for “hadou”) We prohibited every animal with “doforeen” (claws? or uncloven hoofs?) ; and of the cattle and the sheep We prohibited to them their fat, except what adheres to their backs or the entrails or what is joined with bone. that We repaid them for their injustice. And indeed, We are truthful.” (surah 6, verse 146)

“doforeen” is translated as claws but also as uncloven hoofs by sahih international

in any case, if it is indeed claws, then animals with claws have been forbidden to those that “hadoo” (translation mention “hadoo” as jews”)

as such, as per my understanding, animals with claws such as dogs and cats are not forbidden to the world but to those that “hadoo” (jews?) only

those who say cats and dogs are forbidden, let us ask them to show us proof using verse from the Quran ONLY

as per my undertanding of the Quran, the only forbidden foods are mentioned in verse throughout the Quran and they do not include giraffes or cats or hippos or anything else but what is explicitly mentioned (swine, carrion, blood,... as in ch 2 verse 175, ch 16 verse 115, ...) and for those that “hadoo” (jews?) there is the restriction on animals with “doforeen” and the rest mentioned in the above verse of ch 6, verse 146

i have no knowledge, i am just saying what i personally understand

The God knows

peace

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 04:08:41 AM »
Its cannibalism lol..

CAT family = tiger, lion, cheetah, leopard, panther, wild cats, lynx etc
Dog family = wolf, jackal, fox, hyna, wild dog, alsession doberman etc.
Ape family = monkey, chimpanze, gorilla, baboon, homo saphien, and some were extinct intrestingly some monkeys are size of our thumb of hand.
Lizard family = crocodile, alligator, camelian, lizards etc