Author Topic: Used to be Agnostic?  (Read 230 times)

Enquiry

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Used to be Agnostic?
« on: May 18, 2020, 03:14:00 AM »
Peace :)

I was wondering the other day; some people sometimes need a little push to become full believers.

Has anyone ever been agnostic (starting off) and now have become firm in faith?

If you don't mind sharing, what made you tilt towards becoming certain?

Thank you in advance for all those who share their stories!

Peace

tutti_frutti

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Used to be Agnostic?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 07:53:51 AM »
Hello

For me it is just too obvious that we are all created by The Creator. We exist so we must have been created. Also the stars the moon (and its phases) the sun the rain that brings forth vegetation the multitude of species the fine tuning of the universe the complexity of creation including human body and consciouness ... all this very clearly demonstrates that existence was created by The God. He is the owner of existence.

All atheists can say is “we have science” without realizing that science is just a term to describe the works of The God. And science is clearly wrong in some instances btw (example theory of evolution)

And when I read the Quran I was literally blown away. No doubt that it is from The God. Too logical and too many proofs in it (I have named a few proofs in a previous post such as why pork is forbidden and how Quran clearly crushes theory of evolution)

Another proof is that The God tells us He was on the throne that was above the waters...clearly demonstrates to me that the universe is actually water (please check the theory of fluid for dark energy and matter) which makes perfect sense to me

Also we do not find any of the stuff of hadith sunnah etc in the Quran... for me a clear proof that Quran was untouched and protected by The God

There are many morr proofs in the Quran as well as in nature

Peace

amin

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 07:55:07 AM »
Yes I was agnostic long back, but the perfection of this existence which supports life, made me believe on the higher force which people call in different names.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »
peace,

Quran recognises people's faith/certainty/resolve will vary somewhat, increasing/decreasing etc.

Try this:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/Does_God_Exist_home.htm

Atheists tend to think science has disproved God but actually at most it is claimed to show there is no need for a God (i.e. we can explain our existence without a God). When you research deeper into it you will find a lot of their key views are not falsifiable and could be termed beliefs, e.g. they cannot explain prior to the big bang, something from nothing, the fine-tuning of our universe forcing them to resort to the multiverse idea etc.

Quran does have various challenges within it. It did spark a revolution to the people it was revealed to, turning them into leaders of the world. Something worth pondering.

Quran and evolution:
https://www.misconceptions-about-islam.com/misconception.php?id=46
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org