Poll

How many times a should we make Salat daily?

2 (40%)
0 (0%)
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Your beliefs on how many times a day we should make Salat  (Read 2353 times)

Rauf Murtuzov

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Your beliefs on how many times a day we should make Salat
« on: June 11, 2020, 11:59:08 AM »
If you believe 2 or 3, can you say who changed this tradition and when according to you?

tutti_frutti

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Your beliefs on how many times a day we should make Salat
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 06:04:39 PM »
salam

my opinion:

prayer “time”:

i dont think it is “two or three or so prayers” i do not understand why do people give it a number

i understand the prayer to be from the decline of the sun (sunset and definately NOT  “noon”) and throughout the night, and then again before fajr.

also, the Quran should be read/recited during the night and at fajr

chapter 25 verse 64:

“And those who spend the night to their Lord prostrating and standing”

chapter 32 verse 16:

“Who forsake their beds to call upon their Lord in fear and hope, and spend of that We have bestowed on them.”

(please check other verses such as 17:78 and 15:114 etc)

please also check for yourself the verses in arabic should the translations be incorrect

praying:

i understand prayer is supplicating our Lord for forgiveness for us, our families and the believers and supplicating for guidance, mercy, permission to enter paradise, ... and also to glorify Him. i do not recite Quran during prayer.

The God also tells us throughout the Quran to say things like “please forgive my parents as they raised me since i was a child”, “my life my death my worship belong to The God” .... as well as things the prophets said. i say some of them too in my prayers and i say what we are told to say in berse 111 of chapter 17

please also see chapter 17 verses 110 and 111 as the God tells us also exactly what to say in prayer as in verse 111 we are told “and say “Praise to Allah, who has not taken a son and has had no partner in dominion and has no protector out of weakness” and glorify Him with greatly." (17:111)

we also have to be sincere in prayer

again, that is my understanding. please also verify for yourself in arabic the verses i cited

peace

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-3
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 11:30:38 PM »
Salam Rauf.

I would say “Satan” was the one who made the changes to confuse/distract people from the simplicity of God’s system.

As for the “how”, we all know Satan is a master at this game with centuries of practice (just look at the mess he made out of poor old Christianity!).
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 12:29:44 AM »
You may find this interesting:
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9600954.0

Summary: it is openly admitted in Traditional Islamic sources it used to be 2 salat daily (with optional? night vigil) prior to the alleged "night journey" (isra and miraj), after which it became 5 daily.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 11:55:21 AM »
The one million dollar question;
Which generation is not guilty of following Satan?

Wa Kadhalika Jaalna Likulli Nabi ... To every prophet/or messenger ,. GOD made Satan  an enemy to him . Every generation breaks into sects and fabricates their own interpretations on Qoran since early Islam...

One may ask: What about those that sincerily want to seek the truth and correct the fabrications?

Well, GOD says "messengers among you will come to you to clarify...."

Of course precedents exist way before Qoran and its messengers:

That is because their messengers went to them with clear proofs, but they disbelieved. Consequently, God punished them. He is Mighty, strict in enforcing retribution.
ذٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُم كانَت تَأتيهِم رُسُلُهُم بِالبَيِّنٰتِ فَكَفَروا فَأَخَذَهُمُ اللَّهُ إِنَّهُ قَوِىٌّ شَديدُ العِقابِ
 The main question that we need to ask is;
DOES GOD STILL SEND MESSENGERS? OR HAS GOD STOPPED SENDING MESSENGERS?
Then we need to reflect on why?
For example here is what happened when MOSES was sent:
Pharoah was adamant that his religion was right:
Pharaoh said, "Let me kill Moses, and let him implore his Lord. I worry lest he corrupts your religion, or spreads evil throughout the land."
وَقالَ فِرعَونُ ذَرونى أَقتُل موسىٰ وَليَدعُ رَبَّهُ إِنّى أَخافُ أَن يُبَدِّلَ دينَكُم أَو أَن يُظهِرَ فِى الأَرضِ الفَسادَ

Look at this common sense from a believer!!!!:
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »
Sorry I will continue:
Yes the common sense:
A believing man among Pharaoh's people, who was concealing his belief, said, "How can you kill a man just for saying, `My Lord is God,' and he has shown you clear proofs from your Lord? If he is a liar, that is his problem, and if he is truthful, you benefit from his promises. Surely, God does not guide any transgressor, liar.
وَقالَ رَجُلٌ مُؤمِنٌ مِن ءالِ فِرعَونَ يَكتُمُ إيمٰنَهُ أَتَقتُلونَ رَجُلًا أَن يَقولَ رَبِّىَ اللَّهُ وَقَد جاءَكُم بِالبَيِّنٰتِ مِن رَبِّكُم وَإِن يَكُ كٰذِبًا فَعَلَيهِ كَذِبُهُ وَإِن يَكُ صادِقًا يُصِبكُم بَعضُ الَّذى يَعِدُكُم إِنَّ اللَّهَ لا يَهدى مَن هُوَ مُسرِفٌ كَذّابٌ

It seems every true messenger comes to say" your Lord is GOD".  And we resume the status quo of" He is a liar!!!.
 My point is all the differences that exist, GOD promised to clarify. Did GOD send a messenger to clarify "The Salat"?

To me that is the main question that needs investigation. Then one may find their "Salat2 and how many tiimes and when.
Or they carry on following whoever or their own interpretations.
At the end of the day, the main message of "sirat Al Mustaqueem" is the most important,but messengers will keep coming.
So do not despair.
May the Lord clarify "The Salat2 to all seekers of it.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/