Author Topic: How would you answer this question  (Read 3164 times)

amin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: How would you answer this question
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 12:36:31 AM »
My take,

Some of things are signs, examples, and they need not be followed exactly without knowing the inner meaning in those, its like  a moral story being told, but instead of following the moral, some only copying what the characters did without understanding or not worrying about the sign or moral, so Allah  only knows why those characters did that at those circumstances, and Men in understanding knows what the moral of the story is.

Fadiva

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 04:58:10 AM »
If we can't follow our desires, and we don't know how to recognize the "founded in knowledge", and we can't tell the best of translations and interpretations, how do we do it ?

In general, how do you tell right from wrong ? Do we have the ability to tell right from wrong or do we just stick to belief and patience as you said ?

Salam,

Note: I am talking according to what I know and feel now, maybe I will have more knowledge later. I have a lot to learn.

They are verses which are clear to everyone I think like the ones commanding to believe that their is just one God  and good deeds: example :feeding, giving clothes or money to the poor people.
We have to read with attention.
Being patient is not doing nothing : I meant here asking Allah 's help and reading Al quran and make the effort to understand what is possible to understand (they several words repetated several times in Al quran and there is a reason). It demands time. And there are other signs. Some people might be well guided even if they can't read but understand the good from the evil. Allah guides who he wants. He knows best.

We can't just say what are the best translations without checking (checking the arabic words and their meaning and compare to other verses).

Concerning the "alike" verses, I have to be careful, I will not  try to give a meaning if it's to ambiguous for me.

When I said " not to follow" our desires, it was about to chose to interprete a verse the way that suits us . Sincerity is very important.

Fadiva

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2020, 05:06:48 AM »
Salam.

If I can add my 2 cents worth on this subject...

The Quran is both clear and unclear at the same time.

It is clear to those who want to learn (54:17)...God is its ultimate teacher (55:1-2)...And it is completely locked to those who have not surrendered - their hearts are blocked from it (6:25)

As for 3:7, that tells us that the Quran is split into 2 sections: 1. The basic Suras/Verses, 2. The Suras/Verses with deeper meanings that only those founded in knowledge would understand.

I would also add my opinion that the 29 initialed Suras are the "firm" suras/verses, while the rest of the Quran is what required deeper study/understanding.

Salam Layth,

How can you be sure that those founded in knowledge understand them ? In arabic, there are no dots, commas and semicolons. We can have two meanings depending if we add and where we place them.
Is there another verse (or several)that leads you to that understanding ?

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-4
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2020, 01:50:18 AM »
Salam Fadiva,

The Quran was delivered orally (recited) before it was recorded. It is therefore not difficult to see how this oral transmission would have retained the correct reading - even without the vowel marks - until the vowel marks were added.

What difference there was in the recitations, later spilled out into the text, giving us the "7 readings" or "10 readings" (depending on your reference). The differences are cataloged and are quite small (less than 1% of the text affected), with the biggest difference being the 'verse stops' that vary greatly between the Hafs and Warsh written versions.

https://www.free-minds.org/which-quran
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Fadiva

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2020, 04:51:24 AM »
Salam Layth,

Thank you for the link to the article. I have juste read it, and it is also said that there are differences in the meaning of some words. The way that some verses are read can be understood differently...
7 or more readings accepted because it is said that nabi Mohammed accepted them. But normaly just one reading is correct, isn't it ? That  s my understanding , al quran was revealed in pure arabic.
The author of this article seems to be right.

قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا غَيْرَ ذِي عِوَجٍ لَّعَلَّهُمْ يَتَّقُونَ