Author Topic: New article: salat timings as per The Quran  (Read 5313 times)

seekingtruth1111

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: New article: salat timings as per The Quran
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2020, 01:24:20 AM »
You didn't get my point I presume ... We all know we can praise God other than Salat at any time or even the times which God specify....

But Salat time fixed and mandatory act and is not merely praising God...

My question was how to do Salat and irregular praising at the same time...

GID orders to praise His name before the rising of Sun... This is not Salat for sure..
Then how can we keep praying untill sunrise... We never be able to take before surmising as praising time of God.. But we do Salat that of course part of praising the Lord but not Salat...

Can we consider 20:130 to be salat then?  If no then be constant in logic

Can fasting of Ramadan  and fasting of haj or 60 days equal... Things are different

Yes salat is not merely for praising god. But praising is a part of it as you can see from  17:110-111

17:110 Say: "Call on God or call on the Almighty; by whichever you call on, to Him are the best names." And do not be too loud in making your contact prayer, nor too quiet; but seek a path in between.
17:111 And say: "Praise be to God who has not taken a son, nor does He have a partner in sovereignty, nor does He have an ally out of weakness." And magnify Him greatly.

Similarly remembering God is a purpose of Salat

20:14 "I am God, there is no god but Me, so serve Me and hold the contact prayer for My remembrance."

But that  does not mean we don't remember God other time.

4:103 So when you are done with the contact prayer, then remember God while standing, or sitting, or on your sides. When you are relieved, you shall hold the contact prayer; the contact prayer for those who acknowledge is a scheduled event

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2020, 01:45:25 AM »
peace jkhan,.

Re: 2:187
It's simple. One begins abstinence at morning twilight, and then it's immediately time for salat al fajr (which lasts until the sun first appears above the horizon) so there is no time for sex in the scenario you mentioned.

You mean sex is allowed while fasting but coz of Salat Fajr no time for that...
That's super cool understanding .. Really amazed with your logic..

Okay.. During fasting  according to your understanding you have to break fast when the part of the sun dissapeared... Do you breakfast first or Salat when you see Sun set...
Or just drink water at the sight of sunset and continue to pray until all twilights are over that's almost 90 mints... So stay more 90 mints in hunger...  Then eat and drink as usual... That's too much of asking...
Or like  conventional people delay Salat by 20 mints during fasting.. That won't work according to what you claim of timing...

How would one come to know that sun is risen while praying Fajr to stop or complete Salat...
So his or her concentration will be sunrising... It's hard to know minimum half an hour to know exactly whether sun is risen or not even on a clear day if you are inside..  Or else you should repeat daily same thing to guess we have spent this much time..
How one would know exactly the sun is set of portion is hidden before he or she start pray isha ...

Aren't these too much of stress on believers?  While God says He wants make things easy for us...

Lol.. Just with curiosity.. Do you really practice in this manner it you just found out it is the way...

@ s1111...
I am sorry.. You are not getting me...  Salat has fixed time and waqas claim it is continuing from one point to another.. That's why I brought it...

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2020, 03:37:10 AM »

Okay.. During fasting  according to your understanding you have to break fast when the part of the sun dissapeared... Do you breakfast first or Salat when you see Sun set...
Or just drink water at the sight of sunset and continue to pray until all twilights are over that's almost 90 mints... So stay more 90 mints in hunger...  Then eat and drink as usual... That's too much of asking...
Or like  conventional people delay Salat by 20 mints during fasting.. That won't work according to what you claim of timing...

How would one come to know that sun is risen while praying Fajr to stop or complete Salat...
So his or her concentration will be sunrising... It's hard to know minimum half an hour to know exactly whether sun is risen or not even on a clear day if you are inside..  Or else you should repeat daily same thing to guess we have spent this much time..
How one would know exactly the sun is set of portion is hidden before he or she start pray isha ...

Aren't these too much of stress on believers?  While God says He wants make things easy for us...

Lol.. Just with curiosity.. Do you really practice in this manner it you just found out it is the way...

@ s1111...
I am sorry.. You are not getting me...  Salat has fixed time and waqas claim it is continuing from one point to another.. That's why I brought it...

Peace..

Salat is never equal to anytime remembering and praising God.. otherwise God doesn't need to say leave business and Hasten for salat...we can do business and remember God and praise God... Can't we?
Why God call Salat is time fixed and giving it's timing in verse 11:114 and 17:78...

After all by salat and normal remembering all Zikr of Allah...
Doing something at the time what God ordered has a huge difference rather than doing at our convenience.... It's commitment and shear obedience..

Salat,  saabih,  and mere zikr all different... For Salat God says to be clean and not for Saabih and mere zikr... Never told not to near but for Salat...

** For Salat God has given Timing only three as per my thorough understanding...

** For saabih God has given certain timing.. Many a specified time... Example 20:130, 50:39-40, 52:48-49 etc..but not kithab mawkuth...

** For mere Zikr of Allah no timing, any time of our choice....

God says those are the believers who establish Salat and end up as successful and in Janna. 23:1-10.. One example..

So given timing shouldn't collide with Salat and saabih since both Salat and saabih not same... . But it really collides according what waqas explained.

If one says above ** points are same... I doubt he or she understood Quran ...
Even malaika do saabih and not Salat... No evidence....

Ponder if 17:78 is Isha salat...  God could have explained in 17:78 the timing of Fajr as well in the following manner... Establish Salat Duluki shams (sun set) to Ghashak Lail (darkness of night)  and from white thread of Fajr to sunrise... But God was not interested in any such explanation.. But only explained One salat... For waqas that is Isha of his choice but for me it is middle salat...  But remember God didn't skip Fajr Salat in 11:114 ...explained both Salat in one verse.. But strangely again explained in 17:78... That's far-fetching... Beyond reality... Ask everyone to Self why God explained additionally isha Salat if 17:78 is isha while we can clearly Know Salat isha time by verse 11:114..

God says when you rise up, sabih the name of your Lord.. Is it salah though it has a time. .No ...

With all above I deduce salat has three fixed timing... Hope anyone would ponder on my understanding and compare with Quran

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2020, 04:00:24 AM »

Rephrasing what you said to show how illogical and self-contradictory your statement is:

You mean sex is allowed while abstaining but coz of Salat Fajr no time for that

Thanks but we don't even need salat-timing to know this as Quran says abstinence begins from the white thread of dawn/fajr. It just so happens the way I interpret it perfectly coincides with this practice anyway.

Okay.. During fasting  according to your understanding you have to break fast when the part of the sun dissapeared

Rather than making a baseless claim about what my understanding is please quote what I have actually said.

It's simple. Abstinence is till the night (which begins when the sun is below the horizon). One would likely be doing ablution about this time anyway thus having a drink of water is rather simple, thus if one wishes to end their abstinence then observe salat al isha that is fine in my opinion. If one wishes to end their abstinence after salat al isha that is also fine in my opinion. There is no right or wrong for this issue as per Quran. Rather than making baseless/subjective objections please present some actual Quranic evidence to the contrary.

What is rather amusing is that you seem to be making out these are problematic issues when these alleged issues would be present in every understanding.
But perhaps I'm wrong and maybe your "thorough understanding" has no issues whatsoever. If so please create your own thread with your own alleged "thorough understanding" for all to see.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 11:06:23 PM »
Peace  all

Below is a small excerpts of waqas's article...

Why The Quran has redundant and potentially misleading repitition is not discussed by the author, e.g. why mention Fajr twice. From my experience, 20:130 is a frequent cause of issues for those advocating 5 salat daily from Quran

Why you ask others why Fajr is repeated twice while you failed to answer still why salat Isha is repeated twice while Fajr once ?

To be clear if in fact the starting point of salat Isha is at the Setting point of Sun and Fajr finishes at the sunrise..

Then... God would have stated without any ambiguity simply in 11:114 Establish Salat At the TWO Ends of Night... What is two ends of night just before sunrise... And just after sunset.. But wa zulafan minal lail....  (but nearness portions of Night)... No need to bring Day into picture while Salat is during night...

If sunrise and sunset can be two ends of Day why can't it be two ends of Night?

Coz the main issue is sunrise and sunset is neither two ends of Day nor Two ends of Night... Two ends are two twilights periods... But you must be wondering But why God called the Two Ends of Day (Nahar) while the period of Salat is within night... Coz two ends only belong to Nahar (Day)  and not for Night.. Twilights are part of Day and not night.. ...
Even one can claim..
*Sunrise is One End of Night
*Sunset is One End of Day..

Both sunrise and sunset cannot be Ends of Day only OR Night only...
Coz untill the Sun  rise it was night.. And coz until the sunset it was Day...
So logically they should belong to both Day and night and not solely to Day...
If in fact the salat Isha and Fajr are as per waqas after sunset and before sunrise respectively then God would have explained with best of explanations... How?...

Establish salat in two ends of ENTIRE TWILIGHTS ...
Instead no need 17:78 and 11:114 and complicate people.... 

But God's instructions is different... And much clear... ...

Three Salat is manifest.... You Can't GUARD Salat by OMITING one salat Daily (if two) .. You Can't perform Salat EXTRA (if five) while Salat is intentionally TIME FIXED by God...how you change time fixed to our convenience.. Nothing works but only instructions of God..

Choose the right option my fellow brothers and sisters... Explore and verify and follow yourself what you feel guided to you... Coz it's a daily act ...not just informative topic of Quran .