Author Topic: Reasonable interpretation of root words  (Read 2285 times)

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-0
Re: Reasonable interpretation of root words
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 06:29:21 AM »
Peace All.
My experience with Qoran using lexicons and dictionaries proved more problematic than useful in my early years of study. Many verses were simply not making sense to me even after exchanging different translations of Arabic words. One example below is this verse:

مَن كانَ يَظُنُّ أَن لَن يَنصُرَهُ اللَّهُ فِى الدُّنيا وَالـٔاخِرَةِ فَليَمدُد بِسَبَبٍ إِلَى السَّماءِ ثُمَّ ليَقطَع فَليَنظُر هَل يُذهِبَنَّ كَيدُهُ ما يَغيظُ

I am only just beginning to appreciate the real meaning of the verses that solves the problem for students of Qoran:

الرَّحمٰنُ
عَلَّمَ القُرءانَ

Qoran explains itself according to the intention and sincerity of the student.
Of course one can use all aids possible. More is always better than less, but GOD s help is the most useful and important aid.
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Wanderer

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +3/-0
Re: Reasonable interpretation of root words
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
Salam Wakas

Thank you very much, your response was very helpful and just the kind of answer I was looking for! Lane's was just one example, I often check up to 10 or more different dictionaries, sometimes in different languages as well, and also research different interpretations when trying to understand a particular passage, subject or word. Lane's is usually my starting point though, as it's the most comprehensive dictionary that I've been able to find in any of the languages I speak.
And thank you everyone for your input.

God bless