News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Any thoughts on Corona Virus?

Started by The Sardar, January 30, 2020, 11:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

good logic

Basically this: 1720 plague, 1820 plague, 1920 plague, 2020 plague...etc:
PANDEMIC OUTBREAKS – Amidst the escalating outbreak of the new coronavirus from Wuhan, China, some  believe that plagues throughout history starting from the 1720 plague, holds a pattern.

The Great Plague of Marseille was the last of the significant European outbreaks of bubonic plague. Arriving in Marseille, France in 1720, the disease killed a total of 100,000 people: 50,000 in the city during the next two years and another 50,000 to the north in surrounding provinces and towns.
Despite the large number of deaths, Marseille recovered quickly from the plague outbreak. Economic activity took only a few years to recover, as trade expanded to the West Indies and Latin America

Then:
After 1720 Plague, 1820 Cholera Outbreak, 1920 Bubonic Plague ...

1820 – The First Cholera Pandemic – By 1820, cholera had spread to Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines. On the island of Java alone, the outbreak caused the death of 100,000 people.

When the first few patients started getting sick in June 1920, bubonic plague was such a foreign possibility that most doctors in the town didn't even consider it, according to reports from the time.
Also 1920 – The Spanish Flu – In 1918-1920, the world was faced with the influenza pandemic. It would be the first of two pandemics to involve the H1N1 influenza virus.

So what is going to happen in 2020? It seemed like the pattern for deadly pandemic outbreaks occurs every 100 years. Or does it?

What is certain is that this is not the last?
GOD bless you all and keep you safe.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

Layth

Peace.

350,000 people die each day on Earth...I doubt this is even news worthy if it wasn't politically motivated.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

good logic

Peace Layth, All.

Who feeds the masses news and why? Food for thought, quote:

According to business insider.com, 90% of the media in the United States is owned and operated by only six companies. This means that GE, News-corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, and CBS are literally controlling almost everything we see, hear, read, listen to, and watch. This means that six companies decide what to feed to us. Six companies control what we know, and what we don't.

Six companies determine what is important news, and what is not. In 1983 90% of the media was controlled by 50 companies. In just thirty years, it's gone from 50, to 6. Where is the diversity? Where are the checks and balances? Why is there a monopoly on media and what will happen if this continues?

I'm not saying that I can answer all of these questions, because I can't. What I'm saying is that we need to wake up and realize that this is a huge problem. The definition of propaganda is information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular point of view. The media is literally feeding us propaganda, and we as a society don't even recognize or care that it is happening.

The media, in most cases, has a large effect on who is elected president. The media also has a huge effect on the political climate of our country. I think it's safe to say that people in both political parties are not necessarily happy about the representation and favoritism that certain candidates, and sometimes even certain political parties or ideologies, are getting in the news.

And yes all western media is controlled and fed by the American MSM.

Believe what you hear or believe what you check . Or ignore what you cannot check and does not make sense.
God bless you.
Peace
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

Jafar

The corona virus has mortality rate < 5 %.
Thus incomparable to black death or even HIV virus.

It's a part of influenza family of viruses, with previous outbreak of

1. Much deadlier H5N1 viruses in 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_spread_of_H5N1

2. Less contagious SARS viruses in 2002
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_SARS_outbreak

And just like the previous H5N1 and SARS viruses, some people do came up with ridiculous and as always unproven conspiracy theories...  :rotfl:
From an "Adhab" (Punishment) of an angry God up to the viruses were invented by Israel..  :rotfl:

Viruses, just like any other living being, evolved over time.. new strand of viruses will always came up in the future, some might be more deadlier and more contagious than what we have seen up until now.

good logic

Peace jafar.
You mean there is no bioweapons?
Here are some far fetched conspiracy stories:

Last year a mysterious shipment was caught smuggling Coronavirus from Canada. It was traced to Chinese agents working at a Canadian lab. Subsequent investigation by GreatGameIndia linked the agents to Chinese Biological Warfare Program from where the virus is suspected to have leaked causing the Wuhan Coronavirus outbreak.

Or this:
Coronavirus may have originated in lab linked to China's biowarfare program

Bioterrorism and biowarfare today: A number of countries have continued offensive biological weapons research and use. Additionally, since the 1980s, terrorist organizations have become users of biological agents.

The threat that biological agents will be used by and on both military forces and civilian populations is now more likely than it was at any other point in history.

And more:
In an explosive interview Dr. Francis Boyle, who drafted the Biological Weapons Act has given a detailed statement admitting that the 2019 Wuhan Coronavirus is an offensive Biological Warfare Weapon and that the World Health Organization (WHO) already knows about it.

In an exclusive interview given to Geopolitics and Empire, Dr. Boyle discusses the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China and the Biosafety Level 4 laboratory (BSL-4) from which he believes the infectious disease escaped. He believes the virus is potentially lethal and an offensive biological warfare weapon or dual-use biowarfare weapons agent genetically modified with gain of function properties, which is why the Chinese government originally tried to cover it up and is now taking drastic measures to contain it.

The Wuhan BSL-4 lab is also a specially designated World Health Organization (WHO) research lab and Dr. Boyle contends that the WHO knows full well what is occurring.

And on .... And on...One can find all sorts of stories. The truth is somewhere in between or...?
GOD bless you.
Peace.

Jafar

Quote from: good logic on February 11, 2020, 12:36:35 PM
Peace jafar.
You mean there is no bioweapons?
Here are some far fetched conspiracy stories:

Last year a mysterious shipment was caught smuggling Coronavirus from Canada. It was traced to Chinese agents working at a Canadian lab. Subsequent investigation by GreatGameIndia linked the agents to Chinese Biological Warfare Program from where the virus is suspected to have leaked causing the Wuhan Coronavirus outbreak.

Or this:
Coronavirus may have originated in lab linked to China's biowarfare program

LOL..
Here's some factual material for you:

Dr Mohamed Zaki who was working  as virologist in Dr Soliman Fakeeh Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia found a patient in Saudi Arabia, back in 2013 with this new strand of virus which today known as "Corona Virus".
He publishes his finding on this paper.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23075143

Shortly after he published his finding Dr Zaki was fired from the hospital.
His quote:
"They did not like this to appear on proMed. They forced the hospital to terminate my contract. I was asked to leave my job because of this, but this is my job. This is a very serious virus"

Looks like the Saud doesn't like the news of any of their hospital contain a new strand of virus as it might hurts their tourism industry.

Now about this "biological weapon" story, if anyone wanted to come up with biological weapon they will not invented a virus with mortality rate of merely 5%.  :rotfl:

good logic

Anyway here is an update of the virus worldwide:

Novel Coronavirus cases
PlacesConfirmed CasesReported Deaths
China44,6531,        death  113
Cruise ship (Diamond Princess)175          0
Singapore50                                              0
Hong Kong49                                            1
Thailand33                                                0
Japan28                                                    0
South Korea28                                          0
Malaysia18                                               0
Taiwan18                                                   0
Germany16                                              0
Australia15                                               0
Vietnam15                                                0
United States13                                        0
France11                                                  0
Macau10                                                  0
United Arab Emirates8                             0
United Kingdom8                                     0
Canada7                                                  0
India3                                                       0
Italy3                                                        0
Philippines3                                             1
Russia2                                                   0
Spain2                                                     0
Belgium1                                                  0
Cambodia1                                              0
Finland1                                                   0
Nepal1                                                      0
Sri Lanka1                                                0
Sweden1                                                  0
As of 11:00 am GMTFeb 12, 2020

GOD bless.
Peace

amin

A lot of research needed about these novel viruses, normally they say Viruses dont go off just by using medicines, but our body needs to fight it out and develop immunity. And viruses act like non living thing in some unfavorable conditions and act as living being in favorable conditions.Instead of relying just on medicines, people need to help one other with information that helps relieve symptoms and in finding the natural cure that will mostly be available at their own place. Govt should allow these to happen instead of policing and controlling the masses.

Jafar

Anti body is the 'cure' that can neutralize the viruses.
Just like 'common' influenza... where the majority of human living today has developed a well evolved anti body for it, thus it's lethality has greatly reduced.

Except for the minority of isolated people within the jungle of Brazil or remote Andaman islands. Due to their centuries of isolation they haven't developed any kind of anti-body for common influenza any exposure can be lethal for them. Just yet another evidence of human biological evolution... just like viruses who also undergoes their own path of ongoing evolution.

The fatality case for 2019 Corona viruses in majority happened to either, babies and children, senior citizens or people with existing condition. Yet with recovery rate of 95%; it shows that people with well developed and healthy anti body can fight off the virus. Having said that the Corona virus, just like influenza virus; seems to be very contagious and can be transmitted through air or fluid contact.

quincy

A complete hoax... what a surprise. Still entertaining to see those zombies panicking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHYTdGUAZM