Author Topic: Do believers suffer more than people who do not believe  (Read 693 times)

Sarah

• Apprentice
Do believers suffer more than people who do not believe
« on: January 14, 2020, 07:02:40 PM »
Peace

As a Sunni I used to believe this because of hadith. I'm not sure if it's correct from Quranic perspective?
😃👀✋

Scribbler

• Apprentice
Re: Do believers suffer more than people who do not believe
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 01:11:42 AM »
Salam,

According to the Quran, calamities will not fall exclusively on the unrighteous, but also the righteous:

8:25
And fear against a chastisement / trial which cannot afflict exclusively those of you who do wrong, and know that God is severe in punishment.
Turn to Allah before you turn to ashes.

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
Re: Do believers suffer more than people who do not believe
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
salaam Scribbler,

وَاتَّقُوا فِتْنَةً لَّاتُصِيبَنَّ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا مِنكُمْ خَاصَّةً وَاعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ 8:25

لَوْ كَانَ عَرَضًا قَرِيبًا وَسَفَرًا قَاصِدًا لَّاتَّبَعُوكَ وَلَٰكِن 9:42

In 9:42, the term لَّاتَّبَعُوكَ not giving opposite meaning i.e. لَّا is used for emphasis

Therefore my understanding of the verse 8:25:
"And fear (and avoid a) test/torture (that) strikes/hits especially/specifically those who caused injustice/oppression from you, and know that God (is) strong (severe in) the punishment."

The Qur’an says:
And what struck/hit you from a disaster so (it is) because (of) what your hands gathered/acquired, and He forgives/pardons on much [42:30]. Also 30:36, 30:41, 4:79, 5:49 etc.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]