Author Topic: Different interpretation of polygamy verse  (Read 344 times)

zigazigha

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Different interpretation of polygamy verse
« on: December 07, 2019, 06:32:14 AM »
Peace.

I found this interpretation of verse 4:3, but I don't really know if it makes sense to me ---> https://thefatalfeminist.com/2017/12/18/polygamy-is-haraam/

What do you think?

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Different interpretation of polygamy verse
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 07:02:19 AM »
Peace.

I found this interpretation of verse 4:3, but I don't really know if it makes sense to me ---> https://thefatalfeminist.com/2017/12/18/polygamy-is-haraam/

What do you think?

Peace...
In my understanding of Quran,  marrying more than one at a time is not agaisnt the Quranic principles....  Even with conditions or without condition...  But I prefer the option of being with one.. Coz that's also not against Quranic explanation... If one claim polygamy is against basics of Quran.. Then I anticipate proper explanation...

Houriya

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 08:22:19 AM »
Peace,

Quote from this site : https://nawaat.org/portail/2012/12/23/ibadat-el-chouyoukhs-8-polygamie-et-esclavage-chez-les-islamisto-paiens/

4:3    And if you fear that you cannot be equitable to the orphans, then you may marry / marry /get married ankihoo  those who are agreeable to you / taba /willingly for you of the women: by two, and by three, and by four. But if you fear you will not be fair, then only one, or whom you are committed to by your oath / or help a concubine get married. This is best that you do not face financial hardship / it's better than social injustice.

Never, therefore, was there any question of polygamy or slavery in this verse. Absolutely nothing to do except for those who want to reinstate their old pagan practices in Islam. It was only a question of helping, in the absence of orphans, women in need to marry and to found a family, or, failing that, to help a concubine to regain a more dignified social status.

Finally, the word TABA as well as the expression "charity as a dowry" from verse 4-4 concludes the debate for the 100% "charity" context of the so-called polygamy verse.

The two, three, or four expressions have been "transformed" into two, three, and four. Without going into linguistic details, the expression mouthanna was used in verse 34-46 to mean that one must think about God by two or individually.

Verse 4-3 requires some additional comments.

The author of the article translated ANKIHOU by getting married and not marrying you.

Even traditional translation has thus translated into verse 24-32 where the demand of "ANKIHOU" the singles and the servants. The same word is used in 28-27 by the future father-in-law of Moses who expresses his desire to marry one of his daughters.

24:32    And marry / get married / waankihoo off those among you that are single, and the good from among your male and female servants. If they are poor, then God will grant them from His grace. And God is Encompassing, Knowledgeable.

The author of the article does not invent anything and the form "ANKAHA", imperative, was never used by the Koran to give a "marry-you" type order. It's that the hardcore bachelor has rights too.

28:27    He said: "I wish you to marry you / get you married / onkihaka one of my two daughters, on condition that you work for me through eight pilgrimage periods; if you complete them to ten, it will be voluntary on your part. I do not wish to make this matter too difficult for you. You will find me, God willing, of the righteous."

This is an interesting article to read.

Houriya

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »
Following the article

The same, two, three, and four expressions were also used in verse 35-1 to indicate the number of angels sent as messengers at one and the same time (not numbers of angels' wings as translated, a three-winged angel !!!).

Finally, it goes without saying that it is not up to each Muslim to marry disadvantaged in batches. The use of the plural indicates that many Muslims can contribute together to organize batch marriages.

The word ZAWJ means both husband and couple. Every day, they say zawj to mean two. So much stupidity is crying with laughter.
ZAWJ is structurally, linguistically, etymologically totally antinomic with polygamy.

In the verse 4:20

And if you want to substitute one woman with another and you have given a large quantity to one of them, do not get anything out of it. Will you take it by lying when it is clearly a sin?

The important word here is "substitute". It does not add or transfer from one wife to another. The Koran banned polygamy and demanded the regularization of old situations.

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:22:38 PM »
Peace Sister.Hourya..

Do you always look only those articles and depend on it and don't you refer quran in your own and research and depend with what God guides.. ....

How would you say that marrying more than one women is BANNED... where it is written?
Don't think I support coz I am a male.. Honestly I love to be with one woman.. That also not yet become true understanding 😢...

4:23 "Forbidden to you are your mothers and daughters, your sisters, your aunts paternal and maternal, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your mothers who have given suck to you, your suckling sisters, your wives' mothers, your stepdaughters who are in your care being born of your wives you have been in to -- but if you have not yet been in to them it is no fault in you - and the spouses of your sons who are of your loins, and that you should take to you TWO SISTERS TOGETHER, unless it be a thing of the past; God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate"

Look at the above verse... God forbids these... Did God say in this list don't marry two women at a time.. Or marry only one woman at a time.. No..
God said don't marry two sisters at a time.. God could have simply stated instead of saying two sisters at time, Don't marry two women at a time.. Or could have said don't marry more than one women at a time.. Even those who married two sisters already at a time God didn't order to divorce one of them but allowed and no more in the future...

Marrying more than one woman is no harm based on QURAN... No one can deny it...

23:5-6 "And guard their private parts, save from their WIVES and what their RIGHT HANDS OWN then being not blameworthy"

what does above verse indicate?  A person may have a only one wife but he is not barred from approaching his right hand posses or slaves but with marriage only not as sexual object...  Real Wife or slave girl(wife) if one approach two women legally then it's polygamy...  Yes or No?

33:50 "O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you [of captives] and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet [and] if the Prophet wishes to marry her, [this is] only for you, excluding the [other] believers. We certainly know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful"

You should definitely know the difference between wife and who became wife being a slave or rightly possesed... These two are different though both legally wife.. Both have different aspect even in their property or even in punishment of illegal sex...
In those society wife/s is the core of family and not the one who married as slave girl.. She was given a life by his master.. She can't claim all the rights of a genuine wife... She is still a slave though married UNTIL she is legally released as a free woman... It doesn't make her to be single for life time.. So if any man marries her that only help her.. She will have a life as well..
Try to grasp...

So marrying more than one at a time be it genuine woman or a slave but it is polygamy..

Houriya

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 12:36:46 AM »
Peace,

No comment.