Author Topic: Order of Quran revelations - Salat  (Read 826 times)

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
Order of Quran revelations - Salat
« on: December 05, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Chronological_Order_of_the_Qur%27an

While I was debating regarding verse 2:187 topic,  I thought of order of revelation of Quran... In my understanding to date it is really wonderful... It gives me some perfect understanding... Even for fasting...

Do you people accept this order of revelation? Did you find out a patten in it... Have you researched on it... How it reached to us?

For example if you look at Salat (only for standing prayer) not for other meaning of Salat but for prayer ... Instructions are given first in chapter 17:78 and then 11:114 and these chapters are 50 and 52 respectively (order of revelation)
Whatever Salat (prayer rituals) verses revealed is AFTER the instructions to praying time in 17:78 and 11:114.....that's amazing ....

Verses such as....  2:238-239. 4:142. 23:09, 5:06, 4:11, 70:34, 9:108, 10:87, 3:39, 4:101-103, 17:110, 29:45*, 24:58, 46:29, 62-9-11, (8:35) and there could be more ritual prayers verses I missed... strangely all these occur after initial instructions of Salat (prayer)  in 17:78...

As I always tell the verses such as salat and Zakath together is never ritual prayer.. But establishing moral/ethics and bringforth purification... Most of the Salat verses are morals/ethics or blessings etc other than ritual prayers...

quincy

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Order of Quran revelations - Salat
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 11:04:43 AM »
Do you people accept this order of revelation? Did you find out a patten in it... Have you researched on it... How it reached to us?

Do you have any links or books for that issue? I knew that the first verses of Al-Alaq were the first given to the Prophet, but i always wondered why its not the first verses in the Qur'an. Especially after reading ibn Ishaqs Sirat Rasul Allah where he also documented at which times and occurrences the Prophet received the revelations.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
see chapter 7 of "Introduction to Quran" by Richard Bell, or chapter 2 of "Discovering the Quran" by Neal Robinson.

http://www.islam-and-muslims.com/islamic-books-online.html
https://www.scribd.com/document/60357048/Bell-s-Introduction-to-the-Quran-Revised-by-Montgomery-Watt
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

quincy

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 04:52:23 PM »
Thanks!

سلام

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 10:56:27 PM »
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Chronological_Order_of_the_Qur%27an

While I was debating regarding verse 2:187 topic,  I thought of order of revelation of Quran... In my understanding to date it is really wonderful... It gives me some perfect understanding... Even for fasting...

For example if you look at Salat (only for standing prayer) not for other meaning of Salat but for prayer ... Instructions are given first in chapter 17:78 and then 11:114 and these chapters are 50 and 52 respectively (order of revelation)
Whatever Salat (prayer rituals) verses revealed is AFTER the instructions to praying time in 17:78 and 11:114.....that's amazing ....

Verses such as....  2:238-239. 4:142. 23:09, 5:06, 4:11, 70:34, 9:108, 10:87, 3:39, 4:101-103, 17:110, 29:45*, 24:58, 46:29, 62-9-11, (8:35) and there could be more ritual prayers verses I missed... strangely all these occur after initial instructions of Salat (prayer)  in 17:78...

As I always tell the verses such as salat and Zakath together is never ritual prayer.. But establishing moral/ethics and bringforth purification... Most of the Salat verses are morals/ethics or blessings etc other than ritual prayers...

Peace Ade..

This is upon your request...

I opened such a topic but unfortunately not discussed thoroughly... 

For example.. Quran tells us to fast in chapter 2:183-187 ... This chapter order of revelation is 87 ..  So any instructions to fast in Quran should be after the chapter 87 OR inside chapter 87... Otherwise there is no point of ordering such before knowing how to do it ..

So for example God orders to fast during haj, or for many a error such as 58:3-4. 4:92... These occur after 2:183-187

Order of revelation  fir these chapters are
2 - 87
4 - 92
58 - 105
Clearly after basic fasting order...

Same for Salat.. After basic salat orders only all other in depth Salat verses occur.. For example 24:58 OR 62:09-11

Is it coincidence?  Far from imagination...

If anyone think order of revelation is not verifiable pls bring your evidence in support of it.. That would help to further study

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 08:17:51 AM »
Salam jkhan,

Thanks for giving the references!

The references that you give use sahih hadith books to come up with the order of revelation.

For example, to conclude that the first sura revealed is sura 96.

[Shahih Bukhari] Volume 6 - Book 60 - Number 444
Narrated Yahya bin Abi Kathir: I asked Aba Salama bin 'Abdur-Rahman about the first Sura revealed of the Qur'an. He replied "O you, wrapped-up (i.e. Al Muddaththir)." I said, "They say it was, 'Read, in the Name of your Lord Who created,' (i.e. Surat Al-'alaq (the Clot)." On that, Abu Salama said, "I asked Jabir bin 'Abdullah about that, saying the same as you have said, whereupon he said, 'I will not tell you except what Allah's Apostle had told us. Allah's Apostle said, "I was in seclusion in the cave of Hiram', and after I completed the limited period of my seclusion. I came down (from the cave) and heard a voice calling me. I looked to my right, but saw nothing. Then I looked up and saw something. So I went to Khadija (the Prophet's wife) and told her to wrap me up and pour cold water on me. So they wrapped me up and poured cold water on me." Then, 'O you, (Muhammad) wrapped up! Arise and warn,' (Surat Al Muddaththir) was revealed." (74.1)

And since sahih hadith books are severely corrupted and highly unreliable, I am sorry to say the research that use those books as sources is also highly unreliable.

Wassalam,
Ade